The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm normally not a big fan of JJ Redick, but it's hard for me to disagree with him here:

The league is hammering down on a guy who finessed them and pretended to take things seriously.  He keeps making statements about his personal improvement and proceeds to make a mockery of the NBA.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Lol, Wembanyama’s reaction when the Rockets didn’t win the lottery.

This guy gives off Ralf Sampson vibes. He will get broken in the NBA. 
Guys like Sir Charles, Moses, and Lsmbeer will destroy him. He will back in France licking his wounds. 

Edited by Alflives

I'm wondering about the culture shock Wembanyama will undergo - moving from Paris to San Antonio.

BTW: just how tall is this guy?  Googling him, I've seen reports that he's 7'1" or 7'3" or even 7'5".  Which is it?  Do French measuring tapes only go to seven feet and after that they just guestimate?

• Cheers 1

Pleasantly surprised to see the score last night between Miami and Boston. I don't like Jimmy Buckets as a person, but he is a player....

I'm still picking the Celtics to win it all, but I'm hoping for a Nuggets - Heat final. If Murray doesn't win a title, it would be nice to see Lowry get another one.

On 5/18/2023 at 11:49 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Pleasantly surprised to see the score last night between Miami and Boston. I don't like Jimmy Buckets as a person, but he is a player....

I'm still picking the Celtics to win it all, but I'm hoping for a Nuggets - Heat final. If Murray doesn't win a title, it would be nice to see Lowry get another one.

Curious to why you hate Butler? He’s one of the most humble, down-to-earth guy in the league.

Down 2-0, the Lakers pretty much have to win tonight.

And I think they will.  In fact, I think this series goes seven games.  I see LA winning all their home games and then having it come down to Game 7.

Before the first game the announcers were pointing out that playing in the altitude in Denver has a real effect on visitors.  Despite that, the Lakers could have won both games.  Getting back to a normal atmosphere in LA, they win.   And maybe, by their fourth game in Denver, they'll have acclimated and win that too.

7 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Down 2-0, the Lakers pretty much have to win tonight.

And I think they will.  In fact, I think this series goes seven games.  I see LA winning all their home games and then having it come down to Game 7.

Before the first game the announcers were pointing out that playing in the altitude in Denver has a real effect on visitors.  Despite that, the Lakers could have won both games.  Getting back to a normal atmosphere in LA, they win.   And maybe, by their fourth game in Denver, they'll have acclimated and win that too.

And so much for that prediction.    

Interesting factoid from the game:  no team in NBA history has ever come back to win a series when down 3-0.  Teams that have had a 3-0 lead are 149-0.

12 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Had to check and make sure this baby was working....

WHnWE is an Animated GIF Image on Make a GIF

Huh? It wasn’t sarcasm.

The dude gave a young fan the day of his lifetime, when he travelled from Argentina to see him play. Jimmy end up not playing that game, but when he found out about the fan. He spent the entire next day with the kid and his family.

He also a legitimately prankster/troll off the court. During last season, he spent all of the off-season growing out his hair so he had long dreads. During media day, he force the league to take his headshot of his unusual hairstyle to use it on all its media platforms. The next day, he cut off his dreads and return to his normal hairstyle. So, the entire year they had to use that picture. 

This one:

Spoiler

Report: Raptors met with Steve Nash about head coaching job

Nash-1040x572.jpg

Brooklyn Nets head coach Steve Nash reacts to a referee call during the first half of Game 4 of an NBA basketball first-round playoff series against the Boston Celtics, Monday, April 25, 2022, in New York. (John Minchillo/AP Photo)

The Toronto Raptors met with former Brooklyn Nets coach Steve Nash to discuss their vacant head coaching job, The Athletic's Shams Charania reports.

The Victoria native was 94-67 over two-plus seasons with Brooklyn before the Nets and Nash decided they were parting ways early in the 2022-23 season.

The Raptors' head coaching job opened last month when Toronto fired Nick Nurse following the club's play-in tournament loss against the Chicago Bulls.

Toronto has been linked to many names with the team conducting a wide-ranging search.

Nash got a five-year contract to coach the Nets in 2020, taking the reins of a star-studded team that appeared poised to contend for championships.

But the team had numerous off-court and on-court woes as Kyrie Irving, James Harden and Kevin Durant all eventually landed with new teams.

The Nets lost in the second round of the playoffs in Nash's first year of coaching before falling in the first round in Year 2.

The 49-year-old Nash is considered one of the best point guards in NBA history. He was an eight-time all-star as a player and won two NBA most valuable player awards with the Phoenix Suns.

He also is considered one of the league's best shooters of all time, making 42.8 per cent of his career three-point attempts and shooting 90.4 per cent from the free-throw line.

Nash played his final game in 2014 with the Los Angeles Lakers and retired the following year.

Nash also led Canada to its most recent Olympic appearance in men's basketball in 2000 and was named the country's athlete of the year in 2005.

• Cheers 1

I read an article this morning that listed several possible replacements for Nurse...one of them was Dwayne Casey, which I found surprising...

What was even more surprising is that Doc Rivers wasn't on the list. I know he's been linked to the Milwaukee job, but I would have thought the Raps would at least kick the tires....

• Cheers 1