The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

12 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Any way Pedan is back down t Utica

Nice of the club to let him vulnerably play in a position he has never played before in his life eh?

kid is all about team, strong, physical, smart, and can skate.. deserved a full game on defence. 

Just feels like someone is twitching on staff or management.. Somethings not right.

Edler should be benched for a game, watch video, made to watch his latest mistakes vs how he used to play pre-injury..   The same goes for Hamhuis.. Tanev is starting to get injury prone, he gets rocked to often. .. Im going off topic :angry:%#@€

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Nice of the club to let him vulnerably play in a position he has never played before in his life eh?

kid is all about team, strong, physical, smart, and can skate.. deserved a full game on defence.

Just feels like someone is twitching on staff or management.. Somethings not right.

Edler should be benched for a game, watch video, made to watch his latest mistakes vs how he used to play pre-injury..   The same goes for Hamhuis.. Tanev is starting to get injury prone, he gets rocked to often. .. Im going off topic :angry:%#@€

It's real easy to say bench Edler...real easy but if you want to win who do you replace him with that's an inprovement. Edler may not be up to previous years in fact since his back suregery I don't think he's ever played as well. Now if there was a string of prospects looking for his job ...maybe a benching or a rest might help but right now....he's the best Vcr has. This defensive core is terrible. How Barkowski made this club I have no idea...well I suppose it's an insight to how desperate the club is for D. Corrado would look good ruight about now

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Edler's problems last night (or the game before) were the same as pretty much everyone not named Sedin or Markstrom. Mental errors caused by a combination of a LOT of road games, a lack of depth/injuries and guys being forced to play above their pay grade.

NUMEROUS other players also made glaring mistakes last night that could have led to goals if not for Markstrom. If it wasn't for him, we don't even make it to OT last night for an overworked Edler to make such a colossal brain fart of a play.

51 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

It's real easy to say bench Edler...real easy but if you want to win who do you replace him with that's an inprovement. Edler may not be up to previous years in fact since his back suregery I don't think he's ever played as well. Now if there was a string of prospects looking for his job ...maybe a benching or a rest might help but right now....he's the best Vcr has. This defensive core is terrible. How Barkowski made this club I have no idea...well I suppose it's an insight to how desperate the club is for D. Corrado would look good ruight about now

43 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Edler's problems last night (or the game before) were the same as pretty much everyone not named Sedin or Markstrom. Mental errors caused by a combination of a LOT of road games, a lack of depth/injuries and guys being forced to play above their pay grade.

NUMEROUS other players also made glaring mistakes last night that could have led to goals if not for Markstrom. If it wasn't for him, we don't even make it to OT last night for an overworked Edler to make such a colossal brain fart of a play.

So much easier to come up with excuses isnt it?.. And what? Play through it?

No its not an easy statement to say "bench Edler".. As a matter of fact my opinions in this moment to he and Hamhuis are based on play to date.. This season. And its NOT about finding someone better to replace them (each on a different night), its about sending a message .. I would rather lose a game without them in that cause, than play them through it, thinking everything is ok. The mistakes are consistent now,. There is a.pattern. Its NOT changing . 

Sorry guys, im not the one who needs schooling or coached here .

Corrado is gone , his followers have to get over it.  Biegga, Kennins, Pedan .. Could easily cover for a message to be sent to Edler & Hamhuis respectively.  ... And if they're just tired , then they can rest.. and not risk injury because of that.   Those are my reasons to my opinion.

To get back on topic :  Pedan should have been listed to play D at home against Dallas, he deserved it.. NOT sent to Utica.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So much easier to come up with excuses isnt it?.. And what? Play through it?

It's not an 'excuse', it's reality.

Newsflash: we're rebuilding, we're not a very good team. We lack depth and quality, notably in our top 4 D. That's not changing and benching Hamhuis or Edler is not going to make the team better.

We were a fringe playoff team if things went well this year. Things aren't going well. 

Corrado was a self inflicted pain, JB/Linden have never 'fessed up. you still fail to address your assessment...you're p!ssed with Edler I understand but before you start benching any one  ..... and I can't think of any one other than Gillis FA signing Tanev that maybe shouldn't be sat out.....BUT who do you replace them with....that's the question and don't say Pedan it shows your lack of understanding. This guy makes Edler look like Bobby Orr. He handles the puck like a grenade without the pin

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

It's not an 'excuse', it's reality.

Newsflash: we're rebuilding, we're not a very good team. We lack depth and quality, notably in our top 4 D. That's not changing and benching Hamhuis or Edler is not going to make the team better.

We were a fringe playoff team if things went well this year. Things aren't going well. 

I have said nothing about making playoffs, a cup, or expectation.. 

as a matter of fact, Its my opinion that rotating other Dmen in supports the objective of rebuilding or retooling..  That makes the team better.  Your twisting things and trying to enlighten me to a bigger picture which i am well aware of. 

I say, rotate the D men.  Its an answer,..  not an excuse.. which seems to be the opinion that your offering?

You want to Flog a horse til it dies? Ride on J.R ::D  Dead Horses arent worth a thing.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I have said nothing about making playoffs, a cup, or expectation.. 

as a matter of fact, Its my opinion that rotating other Dmen in supports the objective of rebuilding or retooling..  That makes the team better.  Your twisting things and trying to enlighten me to a bigger picture which i am well aware of. 

I say, rotate the D men.  Its an answer,..  not an excuse.. which seems to be the opinion that your offering?

You want to Flog a horse til it dies? Ride on J.R ::D  Dead Horses arent worth a thing.

Not being a playoff or cup team doesn't mean you pack it in. You still have to play the best you can with what you've got while planning for a better tomorrow. Packing it in gives you a decade long (and counting) Oilers rebuild.

38 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Corrado was a self inflicted pain, JB/Linden have never 'fessed up. you still fail to address your assessment...you're p!ssed with Edler I understand but before you start benching any one  ..... and I can't think of any one other than Gillis FA signing Tanev that maybe shouldn't be sat out.....BUT who do you replace them with....that's the question and don't say Pedan it shows your lack of understanding. This guy makes Edler look like Bobby Orr. He handles the puck like a grenade without the pin

I have said nothing about being pissed,. Or who signed whom.

I say, rotate the D men.  Its an answer,..  not an excuse.. Or complaints.. which seems to be the opinion that your offering?

You want to Flog a horse til it dies? Ride on Fred65 Dead horses arent worth a thing. ... And yes Fred65 , i cut and pasted a portion of my answer to you,.. well because your worth it ::D

28 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Not being a playoff or cup team doesn't mean you pack it in. You still have to play the best you can with what you've got while planning for a better tomorrow. Packing it in gives you a decade long (and counting) Oilers rebuild.

My idea of Sitting a player for a game, and rotating prospects in is "packing it in"?

Now your desperatley assuming and your offering  "cliches'" Lol

done with both of you..

Back to the Topic:

Pedan should be in against Dallas, NOT in Utica.

54 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Speaking of flogging long-dead horses...

34 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

My idea of Sitting a player for a game, and rotating prospects in is "packing it in"?

Basically, yes. Who's going to replace those minutes? You think our D looks bad now all overworked, with injuries and a lack of quality and depth while playing a ton of road games.... Subtracting Edler/Hamhuis would make it a LOT, no a LOT worse.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Basically, yes. Who's going to replace those minutes? You think our D looks bad now all overworked, with injuries and a lack of quality and depth while playing a ton of road games.... Subtracting Edler/Hamhuis would make it a LOT, no a LOT worse.

Hello better chance at the top pick!

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

.. You ever think of changing from J.R. To ..D.G?   Doom and Gloom suits you better.

wow D.G.!  We might be the first team to balance minutes on our Defense evvvverr !

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hey Alf!  am i wrong to assume that Fred65 and J.R. (D.G.) are Oilers fans? 

God, I'm so terribly sorry for them if they are.  How can any team picking so high in the draft so many years in a row smell that bad?

Archived