The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

At this point I do not see Weber or Bartkowski as long term holds. Bartkowski has the better chance and worth a longer look. Weber simply struggles most of the time. His + has always been his skating and offense. This year he is struggling on all fronts IMHO. I am hoping that Benning will move him by March. At some point there is more value giving his TOI to a prospect like Pedan  or the KHL Russian come spring.

Weber looks horrible out there..he just clogs up the works as far as Im concerned..I do see some talent in Bartkowski.

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Weber looks horrible out there..he just clogs up the works as far as Im concerned..I do see some talent in Bartkowski.

I feel sorry for Weber. How many times did the puck get by him on the point last night. He went deep on a rush and then watched the play as Dallas regained possession and broke up the ice. He did come back a couple of times and made decent plays but often he was the cause.

I am hoping his goal production from last season will garner some interest come March. Teams are always looking for playoff depth and since I don't think Van will be in playoffs he can be moved. Prefer seeing Biega play.

54 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I cant wait till Weber is done with club...keeping my fingers crossed,,why he was ever signed again is beyond me.

To another club whose Dmen are diverse, Weber would be a great asset, . The canucks are one dimensional on Defense.. We lack the weight and physicality that would compliment a player like Weber to make him look dynamic. He does have a great one-timer that would look great on any PP that was close to 40%.

perhaps there in answers your question, perhaps they are trying to "create" that asset in him for future interest.

Here's a pic of 2 players, if they were to ever play on the same team, you could have called it Dynamic or MultiDimensional ;) 

image.thumb.jpg.23bba88c0b058a1ecd8f4768

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

To another club whose Dmen are diverse, Weber would be a great asset, . The canucks are one dimensional on Defense.. We lack the weight and physicality that would compliment a player like Weber to make him look dynamic. He does have a great one-timer that would look great on any PP that was close to 40%.

perhaps there in answers your question, perhaps they are trying to "create" that asset in him for future interest.

Here's a pic of 2 players, if they were to ever play on the same team, you could have called it Dynamic or MultiDimensional ;) 

image.thumb.jpg.23bba88c0b058a1ecd8f4768

Classic. Great pic. Orr could be pretty physical when he wanted to be. Quinn was a presence that could not be ignored.

I agree with the Weber scenario of being possible trade material at March. There is no real pressure from Utica to bring a dman up other than for injury purposes. A game for Pedan would be a reward but excluding injury I see no extended NHL duty this year. Weber might be a nice piece for a multi player deal in March.  

53 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Classic. Great pic. Orr could be pretty physical when he wanted to be. Quinn was a presence that could not be ignored.

I agree with the Weber scenario of being possible trade material at March. There is no real pressure from Utica to bring a dman up other than for injury purposes. A game for Pedan would be a reward but excluding injury I see no extended NHL duty this year. Weber might be a nice piece for a multi player deal in March.  

It sure would be nice to see Pedan get that "taste", so that his game excels when he goes back.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Im pretty sure Bobby and Pat had a scrap or two.

19 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Im pretty sure Bobby and Pat had a scrap or two.

There will always be 'the HIT' to talk about. I remember that like it was yesterday. The Laffer players cowardly left Quinn to fight off the Boston wolves pretty much by himself. I cannot remember those two ever fighting it out. It probably happened but TV coverage no where near as much back then.

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

There will always be 'the HIT' to talk about. I remember that like it was yesterday. The Laffer players cowardly left Quinn to fight off the Boston wolves pretty much by himself. I cannot remember those two ever fighting it out. It probably happened but TV coverage no where near as much back then.

Here is the fight....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA89fuARoiI

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎20‎:‎56‎, Boudrias said:

I feel sorry for Weber. How many times did the puck get by him on the point last night. He went deep on a rush and then watched the play as Dallas regained possession and broke up the ice. He did come back a couple of times and made decent plays but often he was the cause.

I am hoping his goal production from last season will garner some interest come March. Teams are always looking for playoff depth and since I don't think Van will be in playoffs he can be moved. Prefer seeing Biega play.

While I salute your compassion, I don't understand how one can feel sorry for Weber. He was given another opportunity to prove his worth to the team with a one year deal. Benning essentially gifted him the spot based on his PP work last season.

Weber has done nothing with it and is out and out the worst defenseman on the roster. He's made his bed and hopefully we see him heading to another team on a trade before seasons end.

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Although Orr was not the biggest guy - I met him many, many years ago when I was young and he was still playing, and he was not big at all - he could fight.  I don't see him fighting Wuinn though.  The size difference would be too much.  They might have had a bit of a tussle, but not a trading of face shots.  

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Although Orr was not the biggest guy - I met him many, many years ago when I was young and he was still playing, and he was not big at all - he could fight.  I don't see him fighting Wuinn though.  The size difference would be too much.  They might have had a bit of a tussle, but not a trading of face shots.  

This is a little more than a tussle..but open to interpretation I guess..

8 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

This is a little more than a tussle..but open to interpretation I guess..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA89fuARoiI

wow!  Great players can do anything well, even fight when needed.  To me that's a wrestling match; no trading face punches.  That shows me Orr was a smart guy, and fought Quin the smart way and dominated.  Quin would have wanted to lock up and exchange shots. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Weber has done nothing with it and is out and out the worst defenseman on the roster. He's made his bed and hopefully we see him heading to another team on a trade before seasons end.

Given our lack of right side D depth, sadly I doubt we see Weber go anywhere. In fact, if some bigger and much needed moves aren't made to shore up our right side D depth...he might even be back here again next year :sick:

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Given our lack of right side D depth, sadly I doubt we see Weber go anywhere. In fact, if some bigger and much needed moves aren't made to shore up our right side D depth...he might even be back here again next year :sick:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived