The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Firesale/Auction

WWE2015

I will put the best offersicon1.png in the op. I'm tired of the Canucks losing, but getting so many loser points from OT/Shootout losses. We need to sell off some pieces, now so we don't become close to a playoff spot and god forbid, Benning trades our first for a rental/extra push. I want a Top 10 pick and even more, a top 5 pick 

Untouchables:
Chris Tanev
Jared McCann
Bo Horvat
Ben Hutton
Jake Virtanen 
Brock Boeser
2016 1st rounder
Most prospects and picks but could be had for the right dealicon1.png. Untouchables mean that unless you're getting a can't refuse offericon1.png they are likely to be dealt. 

Available:
Radim Vrbata(Upcoming FA)
Dan Hamhuis(Upcoming FA)
Alex Edler (For the right price)
Chris Higgins
Sven Baertschi
Brandon Prust (Upcoming FA)
Yannick Weber (Upcoming FA)
Matt Bartkowski (Upcoming FA)

Unlikely to be moved:
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Brandon Sutter
Jannik Hansen
Alex Burrows
Luca Sbisa
Ryan Miller/Markstrom

Offer away! smiles.gif

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

This doesnt exactly work when your on a forum specifically for Canucks fans.  SO idk why you copy and pasted it from the HF board

The guy REALLY wants to get his first reputation point, but can't come up with his own good thread ideas.

Personally I'd love to keep some of the vets, trade some of them. Keep those who contribute NOW but are also leaders.

Burrows is a great leader, and he's a contributer at times, especially on the PK.

Edler, as much as people hate him, eats up HUGE minutes and plays pretty well most of the time. It's the occasional brain fart that people cling on to. He's also scoring at career heights right now very quietly. Edler is the most underrated player on these boards. He does more good than bad - you take his 24 minutes a night and 40 points off our back end and we're dead last in the West. Mark my words, we don't want to trade away our best defenceman.

On the flipside, veterans like Higgins aren't contributing much now so is expendable. Hamhuis is, like Edler, contributing a LOT to this team right now but people get hung up on his negatives. On the whole he does more good than bad, but he's old, expiring contract, has to go.

If we're still in a position of tanking, at the deadline I'd like to see these sorts of trades:

1) One of Dorsett or Prust moved. We can't keep both. Prust's contract expires this year, but we only need one goon. I say move Dorsett.

2) Trade Higgins

3) Trade Hamhuis

4) Trade Vbrata

5) Try and trade Weber (good luck)

In the ideal world, here's what we get:

TO NYI: Hamhuis + Higgins + 2nd + Pedan/Fedun

TO VAN: Hamonic

Snow's hand is forced, he can't sit on this for the whole season and he's really bound by teams. Doesn't sound like he's getting good offers, this may be the best. He gets a current filler in Hamhuis + playoff veteran depth guy in Higgins + a defensive prospect and pick to make up for Hamonic's future losses. Canucks get exactly what they need now and going forward - a perfect partner for Hutton.

TO MTL/PIT: Vbrata + Weber

TO VAN: 1st round pick

TO ANYONE: Dorsett

TO VAN: 4th round pick

At the Draft, we draft as many defencemen as possible. Ideally Chychurn falls into our laps but there's about 10 A-grade defensive prospects going in the first round, we have to snag a couple of them because the cupboards are bare.

We'll have a LOT of cap space to play with in the off-season. Sign a defenceman (Yandle would be lovely but why would he come here) but more importantly a replacement scorer for Vbrata's departure. Lucic, Ladd, Okposo are all on the list as ideal Sedin wingers.

The forwards will be better a year later. All we need to do is that one big trade for Hamonic, good defencemen drafting and a couple of top UFA signings and I think we're not just a playoff team but a contender with this lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic/Ladd/Okposo

Baertschi - Sutter - Burrows

Shinkaruk - McCann - Hansen

Cracknell - Horvat - Virtanen

Gaunce

Yandle - Hamonic

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Sbisa

Bartkowski

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Said this a few times, but feel it's worth repeating. Take back lame contracts(1 or 2 yrs left) that are equal in cap hit to the superior player we send. This should enhance return, in accompanying youth/picks.

Younger, bigger & faster.

Eat some bad contracts for draft picks plus for whatever (veteran) they take....

Radim Vrbata(Upcoming FA) - 2nd + medium prospect
Dan Hamhuis(Upcoming FA) - 2nd
Chris Higgins - 3rd
Sven Baertschi - 3rd (slight loss)
Brandon Prust (Upcoming FA) - 4th
Yannick Weber (Upcoming FA) - 4th

Archived