The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Edler to Washington

Edler, 2nd, Friesen to Capitals for Bowey, Jakub Vrana

Barry Trots could use Edler in the playoffs because they are missing Orpik. Second, its fair because they have many prospects and they are at the window to win the cup now, so its not a overpayment because Edler has term. Also our 2nd rounder will be  early. However, we also throw Friesen into the trade to give them that grinder eg a hansen 2.0 which they can develop eg a Barry Trots guy. 

w/e I can still dream lol

Bowey was a great junior player to watch, but its far from certain he ever becomes a top 4 d man, he hasnt even played in the nhl, yes i know he is young in his first pro year.

I am all for moving edler, but straight up for Bowey is far too risky imo, we need a more ready D coming back, or a D from a team who cant afford or wont pay up for their upcoming rfa D.

Vatanen, Barrie and 2017 ufa Shattenkirk

I think the local kid in Barrie would be my target. Edler for barrie. Not sure if barrie was a nuck fan growing up  but was born in victoria

Would love Bowey somehow in another trade but not straight up for edler

can capitals fit Edler in to the caps plans long term.  The short answer is.. No

Orlov is set for a raise this summer along with wilson and Laata.  Burakowsky will be getting a big raise in two years and Kuznetsov is going to be making a massive pay raise.  They are going to be in some trouble even with out edler unless the cap rises substantially.  They'd honestly have more interest in Hamhuis than edler.  Hamhuis gives them the option to come off the books this summer.  But Hamhuis also doesn't have the same value, so it more than hamhuis would be heading back..

Hamhuis (retained salary) + Gaunce/Kenins + 2nd round pick (CBJ) for Laich + Bowey

even still we'd likely have to add more.  Possibly a conditional pick based on the caps finally making it past the first round.

Decent trade proposal, seems like a fair trade. Didn't look into the cap situation, too lazy. But I think we are playing for a playoff spot (we are 3 points from a playoff spot). And it will be trouble trying to replace Edler for next season. So it wont happen. 

9 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Edler and Cassels for Bowey and Laich. 

Gotta give to get, vets contracts even out, Laich off the books after next season and Bowey solidifies the defence overhaul for the next decade?   

that is not a good return imo. Cassels coould develop into a 4th line C with a elc contract. Laich is a 4th line C, injury prone and cap hit over 4m

I dont think Bowey an Ahl rookie nets a solid #3 D man in edler. I sure hope thats not the return, added with that a horrible contract in Laich as well.

I would think it would be a return like, roster player, 1st prospect

johansson, bowey 1st? or 2nd thats turns into 1st if they make SCF

I 100% moving edler but I think we should do it either at the draft or next fall, unless a team gives up a very good package. This guy is a 1D on a lot of teams, he is not a franchise 1D but  he is all around better than orpik, niskanen. Bowey straight up is not fair. Who is to say Bowey will be anywhere near as good as edler.

Bowey +1st + cap dump

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

I 100% moving edler but I think we should do it either at the draft or next fall, unless a team gives up a very good package. This guy is a 1D on a lot of teams, he is not a franchise 1D but  he is all around better than orpik, niskanen. Bowey straight up is not fair. Who is to say Bowey will be anywhere near as good as edler.

Bowey +1st + cap dump

There's no guarantees in any trade.   That said Edler and Bowey's #'s from the dub and AHL are quite similar but anyone who watched Kelowna knows Bowey has way more grit.  Depends what each GM values in guess. 

Archived