The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineup vs. NYR

swizzey

With Henrik Sedin injured and most likely not playing Tuesday vs. the Rangers, what would you like the lineup to look like? I personally liked seeing McCann with Daniel Sedin. What did you all think? Did you miss Virtanen vs. the Islanders?

Sedin - McCann - Hansen (Vrbata?)

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Etem - Vey - Burrows

Prust (Virtanen?) - Cracknell - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Biega - Hutton

Sbisa - Bartkowski

Miller (Markstrom?)

*Much love from Charlotte, NC - Canuck for life!

GO CANUCKS GO!

Bo is next in line after Henrik. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Vey there knowing Willie.

As much as I wouldn't wana see Bo and Baer broken up, I'd like to see what McCann can do with Baertschi.

Sedin Horvat Hansen

Baertschi McCann Vrbata

Burrows Vey Etem

Dorsett Cracknell Virtanen

5 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

McCann on the first:  he looked good there today and it's where he'll be in the long run. 

Yes to that prediction.  He's clearly a number one centre along the lines of a Doug Gilmore.  Skill, combined with a nasty edge.  he thinks the game super fast too.  Glad he was gifted to us at the draft.  

Sedin - McCann - Hansen (looked pretty good tonight)

Baertschi - Bo -Vrbata (have been deadly recently why change it)

Etem - Vey - Virt (young, fast, and potentially a difference maker)

Dorset or Prust - Cracker - Burr (Decent looking shut down line)

Edler - Tanev (someones gotta bail out edler hah)

Hutton - Sbisa (for our team thats not a bad 2nd pairing, especially if Sbisa can improve from how he was tonight)

Biega - Bart (limited ice time unless they are stepping it up)

Miller

Gotta go with the hotter hand and Miller earned his wage with tonight's win

17 minutes ago, kingfreako said:

Is everyone just speculating or did Henrik or someone else say he's not playing? Sorry if I missed it.

He said it was borderline if he would even play on the rest of the trip.

He's definitely out at least a game.

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes to that prediction.  He's clearly a number one centre along the lines of a Doug Gilmore.  Skill, combined with a nasty edge.  he thinks the game super fast too.  Glad he was gifted to us at the draft.  

Agreed:  same kind of player as Gilmore but with a better shot.  All he needs is a bit more strength and faceoff skill and he'll be ripping it up. 

7 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Agreed:  same kind of player as Gilmore but with a better shot.  All he needs is a bit more strength and faceoff skill and he'll be ripping it up. 

It's really amazing how quickly, and with force McCann can shoot his wrister.  He must have incredibly strong hands, wrists, and forearms to have that release.  I bet he's a pretty good fighter too.  I agree with you that he's a player to be excited about.

I think they should keep the Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata line together, they seem to be playing well together. Horvat seems to have found his game while playing with them.

Sedin - McCann - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Etem - Vey - Burrows

Prust - Cracknell - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Biega - Hutton

Sbisa - Bartkowski

Miller

They said on Global news that he might return to Vancouver for evaluation. 

I expect McCann will play on the first line, he did a good job there before when Hank was out, keep Vey with Etem.

Daniel - McCann - Hansen

Baer - Horvat - Vrbata

Etem - Vey - Burr

Dorest - Cracknell - Virt

This is what I expect.

I think that if Hank can't get back on Tuesday, I expect two changes: first, McCann on first line.  Virtenan should get back on, and Cracknell centering 4th line with Virtenan and Prust or Dorsett.   I wouldn't touch rest of the line-up except for 4th line.  I feel that Dorsett or Prust need a game off during the trip.

Secondly: I would have Horvat shooting from the halfwall on the first unit power play like he did on Friday against Carolina Hurricane with 2 goals from the same spot.  It seemed that he can score from that spot so why not use Horvat to trigger the shots.  It can't hurt to experiment the struggling PP even though they scored in last 5 games except for Friday and today's game.   I would have McCann, Vey, Baertschi on the second unit with Hutton.  I would like to see Hutton playing on first unit and have Edler on second unit.  It can't also hurt to experiment some changes during the road trip.

Archived