The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We'll discount 5 pages of posts on Stamkos' play from "patsy white kids" on HF Boards, many of whom are Tampa Lightning fans btw. 

But we should believe fanboys in Vancouver who barely watch Stamkos play once a year. lol

C'mon man. 

5 pages of posts.  Yup, that's enough to discount the career of a 2 time former 50 goal scoring center who isn't even 26 years old yet.

Yup...nothing like 5 pages of posts to guarantee his career is on the down swing.

Yup...

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Stamkos.  48 games 35 points.

H Sedin.  05 games 78 points

D Sedin.  102 games 71 points.

Toews 117 games 102 points

Kopitar.  70 games 60 points.

I honestly don't know what determines "good in the playoffs" to you, but none of these guys are ppg players in the playoffs...are they then "not good playoff performers"?

because at age 25 at .78 ppg in the playoffs and another 12 to 15 years in his career ahead of him, I think Stammer has done just fine so far in the post season regardless of whether he hoisted a cup yet or not

Great, another stat boy.

Why didn't Yzerman and Cooper think of that when Stamkos was on the bench in the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It's not like Stamkos is good in the playoffs and would lead us to the Cup. He couldn't lead Tampa to the Cup and isn't even the best player on his team. He's being outscored by a 2nd line RW in goals and points. 

In last year's playoffs he was on the bench at important moments.  So how would he help us at 12 million per year.

Again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, he is having an off year. No hockey analyst or scout or anyone else will ever tell you that Kucherov is a better hockey player than Stamkos. Even YOU would not admit that Kucherov is better than Stamkos. You are just using this year's stats for argument's sake.

My ceiling for Stamkos would be 9.5M. 

Hey Lucic 'led' his team to a Cup. Why don't you give him 8.5M?

Just now, Warhippy said:

5 pages of posts.  Yup, that's enough to discount the career of a 2 time former 50 goal scoring center who isn't even 26 years old yet.

Yup...nothing like 5 pages of posts to guarantee his career is on the down swing.

Yup...

Nothing like stat boys in Vancouver saying he's worth 12 mill. 

Oh Yzerman that idiot, offered Stamkos 8.5 mill. What an idiot, obviously he knows nothing about hockey. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Nothing like stat boys in Vancouver saying he's worth 12 mill. 

Oh Yzerman that idiot, offered Stamkos 8.5 mill. What an idiot, obviously he knows nothing about hockey. 

Um the lightning are a contending team, the canucks are not. Everyone thought Ovi's contract was horrible when he signed it. Now it seems like a bargain. The cap will go up, not this year, and 12 million to get the best goal scorer in the league will be good value.

3 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, he is having an off year. No hockey analyst or scout or anyone else will ever tell you that Kucherov is a better hockey player than Stamkos. Even YOU would not admit that Kucherov is better than Stamkos. You are just using this year's stats for argument's sake.

My ceiling for Stamkos would be 9.5M. 

Hey Lucic 'led' his team to a Cup. Why don't you give him 8.5M?

Lucic didn't' lead his team to a Cup. It was Tim Thomas, remember the guy who went bat $&!# crazy over Obama? yeah that coocoo bird.

Anyways, anyone who watches even a few games of Tampa Lightning knows Hedman is the best player on his team. Kucherov is merely out scoring Stamkos. No one claimed Kucherov is better, but he does have better numbers. 

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Great, another stat boy.

Why didn't Yzerman and Cooper think of that when Stamkos was on the bench in the playoffs. 

Ok.  So...just to clarify here bud.

Stats are meaningless.  But 5 count em 5 big ol pages of posts from HF is factual evidence?

Because his entire career numbers vs your opinion, and none of this means anything from genuine experts and analysts vs 5 pages of posts on hockey forums.

http://thehockeywriters.com/steven-stamkos-the-term-elite-might-be-an-understatement/

Ok.  We really don't have to continue on here anymore.

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Lucic didn't' lead his team to a Cup. It was Tim Thomas, remember the guy who went bat $&!# crazy over Obama? yeah that coocoo bird.

Anyways, anyone who watches even a few games of Tampa Lightning knows Hedman is the best player on his team. Kucherov is merely out scoring Stamkos. No one claimed Kucherov is better, but he does have better numbers. 

How much would you sign Lucic for and term?

15 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

He's 30, right? 

With the type of game he plays. Not sure he can be effective long term. So I would be careful signing him a long term contract. He also doesn't want to come home (says he wants to finish his career off in LA, right?). BUT. If Benning really has a hard on for him. I personally would offer him 4.5 mil a year, for 3 years MAX. 

not willing to go any longer with him. By the time that contract is up, he would be 33 years old. And with his type of game, not sure  he would produce anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Well I don't think Lucic is coming here just like I don't think Stamkos is coming here. 

But hypothetically speaking if I could, I'd take a Lucic/Okposo + Yandle for around 12  over Stamkos at around 12 mill. 

Also I think Yandle is going back to PHX. Okposo is the only player we have a shot to get, players in NYI aren't happy with the arrangements there and IF things don't change, Tavares could also leave as UFA in 2018.

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

He's 30, right? 

With the type of game he plays. Not sure he can be effective long term. So I would be careful signing him a long term contract. He also doesn't want to come home (says he wants to finish his career off in LA, right?). BUT. If Benning really has a hard on for him. I personally would offer him 4.5 mil a year, for 3 years MAX. 

not willing to go any longer with him. By the time that contract is up, he would be 33 years old. And with his type of game, not sure  he would produce anymore. 

27 turning 28.

He's got a few years in him still.

40 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Great, another stat boy.

This is hilarious. Cdc constantly complains about our coaches and g.m's yet when it's Tampas coach and g.m everyone else is wrong.

Stevie Y better watch his job. He may miss the playoffs, he likely won't getting anything for Stammer as he said he won't trade him and he wasted a valuable pick on Drouin.

Great hockey players don't always make great g.m's and coaches just look at Gretzky, Gainey, Lowe, etc.

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

We are getting Ovechkin?  

Now this is funny. Ovi had 2 off years yet his career didn't go downhill did it?

You badly contradict yourself. I suggest you stop insinuating that people aren't familiar with Stammer and go ahead and familiarize with the player you just called the best goal scorer in the league.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

This is hilarious. Cdc constantly complains about our coaches and g.m's yet when it's Tampas coach and g.m everyone else is wrong.

Stevie Y better watch his job. He may miss the playoffs, he likely won't getting anything for Stammer as he said he won't trade him and he wasted a valuable pick on Drouin.

Great hockey players don't always make great g.m's and coaches just look at Gretzky, Gainey, Lowe, etc.

People on CDC might complain about mgmt, it's normal if they make a bad decision. If they sign Stamkos to a 12 mill deal it will be a bad decision and people will complain all day all night after they watch Stammer play half a season.

But on Yzerman I just don't know how he's going to pay Stamkos 10+ mill, he's got Tampa's best player, Victor Hedman coming up as UFA next summer. What's he gonna want 12+? Y knows he can't do that. Stamkos' contract could end up being a salary escalator on that team.

What about Kucherov and Namestnik. Do they ask for 9 mill as RFAs? Can't overpay 1 player cus then you have to overpay all of them. 

Archived