The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

End of the "legend" McGrattan?

alfstonker

We have all seen Brian McGrattan lord the NHL along with John Scott but it seems he met his match in what I must say was a pretty sickening way to an AHL brawler Daniel Maggio of San Antonio Rampage. Maggio was giving away 2 inches and 30 lbs in this slugfest.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2609368-the-horrific-side-of-hockey-fights-on-display-yet-again-in-brutal-ahl-brawl

The Legend that ended Canucks Dman Andrew Alberts career with a Cheapass illegal, high hit.

Of course there was no supplementary discipline from NHL DOPS

and never even an apology from the "Legend"

Alberts never played another game, He is still sitting in a dark room somewheres long past looking for an apology. All that he is looking f
Alberts, who lives in Minnesota with his wife and son, has to find a new normal. He entertained the idea of a comeback but headaches and dizziness quickly returned. He still deals with the aftermath ever day.

“It goes without saying, no one wants to leave thethen to see how Vancouver igiphy.gif

w768xh576_459740105.jpg

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

The Legend that ended Canucks Dman Andrew Alberts career with a Cheapass illegal, high hit.

Of course there was no supplementary discipline from NHL DOPS

and never even an apology from the "Legend"

Alberts never played another game, He is still sitting in a dark room somewhere

"Andrew Alberts isn’t looking for sympathy. And the former Canucks defenceman is long past looking for an apology. All that he is looking forward to is feeling normal again," starts Murphy.

Alberts, who lives in Minnesota with his wife and son, has to find a new normal. He entertained the idea of a comeback but headaches and dizziness quickly returned. He still deals with the aftermath ever day.

“It goes without saying, no one wants to leave the game the way I did” he said. “You want to go out on your own terms knowing you gave it all you had.

“Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d still be sitting here dealing with head issues nearly 14 months later,” he said. 

“At this point I think I need some time away,” he said. “I do check the scoreboard every now and then to see how Vancouver is doing, but I’ve yet to watch more than 10 minutes of any NHL game. It’s just not something I’m mentally ready to let go of yet.”

http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/2015/02/andrew-alberts.html

giphy.gif

w768xh576_459740105.jpg

Nice reminder for anyone who thinks McGrattan is a classy tough guy.

He did NOT once even call AB to check how he is doing or even apologize. 

Here's to hoping that McGrattan fully recovers and enjoys a good life outside of hockey. No place in the game for guys like him. Tough way to end a career but you live by the sword and it's double edged.

And yes, the hit on Alberts was bad, but I've seen worse that didn't result in the same level of injury. 

Archived