The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks - MON - FEB15 - 7PM - SNP

numb3r 16

I'm going to the game tonight.  So we're facing another team that's struggling. (1 win in last 10 games)... which means it's going to be a struggle for us.  Canucks have an infuriating habit of taking a struggling or bottom-dwelling team lightly ... and they have no business taking ANY team lightly.  Win or lose, I hope at least we'll see an effort from the Nucks.

2 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

I'm going to the game tonight.  So we're facing another team that's struggling. (1 win in last 10 games)... which means it's going to be a struggle for us.  Canucks have an infuriating habit of taking a struggling or bottom-dwelling team lightly ... and they have no business taking ANY team lightly.  Win or lose, I hope at least we'll see an effort from the Nucks.

What does "you are hoping for a good effort" this game say about our current core leadership?  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What does "you are hoping for a good effort" this game say about our current core leadership?  

I hear ya.  Our current core leadership AND the coaching staff.  But I'm not letting the individual players off the hook.  They should not need motivation from anyone else when they see a golden opportunity to take 2 pts off a bottom dweller with a depleted lineup.  Especially coming off a feel good 2 game winning streak in front of their moms.  I mean, come on, they are not peewees.

I think I just read in another thread that Weber may be back in tonight as per Jon Abbot's twitter feed.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope not!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

I hear ya.  Our current core leadership AND the coaching staff.  But I'm not letting the individual players off the hook.  They should not need motivation from anyone else when they see a golden opportunity to take 2 pts off a bottom dweller with a depleted lineup.  Especially coming off a feel good 2 game winning streak in front of their moms.  I mean, come on, they are not peewees.

True, they are not peewees, but what if Jordan Subban comes up?  :lol: 

1 minute ago, nom_de_plume said:

I think I just read in another thread that Weber may be back in tonight as per Jon Abbot's twitter feed.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope not!!!!!!

I think you left out one REALLY ::D

28 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Even with the 2011 crew that was true. We have done that for years 

19 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

The thing that drives me nuts is that there are 2 teams in the building tonight that have that perspective.

OT: Listening to 1040 and using a bad word about every 90 seconds because I find myself agreeing with B!tchford. It's never a good day listening to a show when Botch is the smart one. 

How come every team they play WD and the players' pre-game interviews always say that the other team will be motivated and will come out hard? It's on our home ice how come we never come out hard and push the pace. I've noticed that no team has had to "weather the storm" in the first 10 mins playing against us.

The only thing that's even really getting me interested in watching this game is that Markstrom is in net. For whatever reason, the rest of the team seems to play with an actual heartbeat in front of him. Let's see how Marky does with Weber's dump the puck right in front of the net classics though.

2 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Canucks vs Wild Pair for tonight $35 each - row 6 - $35 (sec 328 row 6) 

as per Craigslist.......

True.

but they were purchased at face value at one point.

nevertheless I'd definitely give the guy 50$ for the pair if I lived in the city.

Archived