The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks - MON - FEB15 - 7PM - SNP

numb3r 16

I heard WD say he likes to use Weber because he scored goals last season before this season

6 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Weber can't seem to defend at all this year, and his great compensatory ability? assists/goals? Lol.

It is kind of funny that we are playing guys we've waived recently, while at the same time, as you say, we are either sitting or under-using players we've signed/committed to. 

I know this is obvious but I'll mention it anyways: perhaps they are showing him for purposes of a trade.  After all, he might be a harder guy to move at TDL compared to Prust or even Higgins, who were both better players at playoff time.  If he can get a few points, score a couple of goals, captain the pp, he might be more trade worthy.  One school of thought would suggest that it makes no sense to play Vey (also waived) when AHL players deserve a look.

should be a good , interesting game tonight, both teams needing a win and also get to see Friesen play

16 minutes ago, TU90 said:

I don't understand the decision to scratch Etem. He may not be producing, but who is? Vey? Dorsett? Henrik?

They want to give Friesen a look.  It's according to their development plan.  I think that all the guys in Utica who they think have a shot at the line up ever are getting a 1 game look (some a couple).  Here's the list:

Fedun 1

Gaunce 2

Zalewski 2

Pedan 3

Grenier 1

Shinkaruk 1

Kenins 6

and now.....Friesen 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Biega sits for the second game in a row because why exactly? I honestly can't see one single reason why Desjardins has to put Weber back in the lineup.

Weber was an abject failure against Toronto, and played with zero urgency. FFS, he was waived not even two weeks ago. And Biega was resigned for two years only to sit for the second game.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge issue, but I think Benning's whole mantra of earning a roster spot isn't being echoed in Willie's actions here.

Enough is enough.  Not going to watch any more games this pylon is dressed for.

Just looking for a good effort. Win or lose let's not lose our heads again. Unless they turn it around the Canucks are headed for a lottery draft with or without the pending UFAs. 

This isn't our year. We need to focus on helping the young guys to continue developing if we want to be successful in the future. Lets just enjoy the ride and watching them continue to develop.

Archived