The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal)

Ojibwa72

After Tampa makes that trade they  will realize that they have a 16M cap hit for less than 50 points combined of Burrows, Callahan and Carle. 

Meanwhile Winnipeg will be chomping at the bit trying to acquire two rentals and trade their best D prospect despite being in the basement with no shot at making the playoffs.

Sorry but it just seems like you put no thought into this because had you done so, you would not have posted this abomination.

19 minutes ago, Toews said:

After Tampa makes that trade they  will realize that they have a 16M cap hit for less than 50 points combined of Burrows, Callahan and Carle. 

Meanwhile Winnipeg will be chomping at the bit trying to acquire two rentals and trade their best D prospect despite being in the basement with no shot at making the playoffs.

Sorry but it just seems like you put no thought into this because had you done so, you would not have posted this abomination.

if you're going to swing swing for the fences. Moreover I would say Edler and Vrbata but of course the swedes have set up shop in Vancouver and you can't get them out it seems. With Byfuglien locked up Ladd needs out and Morrisey is the best option to shop.

22 minutes ago, Toews said:

Tampa's problem is not my problem. You want younger right. That is the trend here.

39 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

if you're going to swing swing for the fences. Moreover I would say Edler and Vrbata but of course the swedes have set up shop in Vancouver and you can't get them out it seems. With Byfuglien locked up Ladd needs out and Morrisey is the best option to shop.

The only way you could convince either team this was good value back for what they give us is to use some kind of hypno-bat. We give up ageing players who are either poor value for their contracts or pending-UFAs and get back young, top end talent.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if both teams accepted, but those are terrible proposals.

1 hour ago, Ojibwa72 said:

To get younger and have cap space opinions on this please:

To Tampa - Burrows

To Van - Drouin

To Winnipeg - Hamhuis and Vrbata

To Van - Ladd & Morrisey

As I said Thoughts and comments please.

Nice troll job... Couldn't you at least back up your trades proposals with reasons as to why this would benefit the teams involved? 

Okay this is one of the worst in awhile.

The Tampa trade is garbage.....Burrows has a bad contract, it would be hard to even trade him, never mind for a top prospect.

The Winnipeg trade is even worse.  Winnipeg won't make the playoffs this year.  Why on earth would they be the team that wants Hamhuis and Vrbata as rentals, and are willing to pay us more than actual playoff teams.

Its hard to believe this was a serious proposal.

All I see is negativity yet no one has discussed anything. As I said yes it may be bad however it is an idea. Winnipeg has cap space and Tampa has a problem child. Change of scenery can do wonders for people. If Winnipeg can resign both Hamhuis and Vrbata, then next year they could be a contender. You call it rental I call it future. As for Burrows well he would go to a contender which might actually light a spark under him again. His best ability has always been his defensive game yet he seems to have even strayed from that now so now we are left with someone who can't score and is lacking defensively. Just saying.

I'm probably going to get a lot of flack over this one, but here goes:

Virbata to Pittsburgh for Sundqvist (C) + 2nd (2016)

Burrows to Washington for Latta (RW) + 3rd (2016)

Higgins + Vey + Weber to Boston for Breen (D) + Irwin (D) + 3rd (2016)

Hansen + Bartkowski to NY Rangers for Yandle (D) + 4th (2016)

Jones + Zalewski to NY Islanders for Martin (LW) + 7th (2016)

Biega + 4th (2016 via NY RANGERS) to Columbus for Heatherington (D) + 5th (2016)

Kennis + 5th (2016 via COLUMBUS) to Colorado for Redmond (D) + 7th (2017)

8 hours ago, notafan said:

I'm probably going to get a lot of flack over this one, but here goes:

Virbata to Pittsburgh for Sundqvist (C) + 2nd (2016)

Burrows to Washington for Latta (RW) + 3rd (2016)

Higgins + Vey + Weber to Boston for Breen (D) + Irwin (D) + 3rd (2016)

Hansen + Bartkowski to NY Rangers for Yandle (D) + 4th (2016)

Jones + Zalewski to NY Islanders for Martin (LW) + 7th (2016)

Biega + 4th (2016 via NY RANGERS) to Columbus for Heatherington (D) + 5th (2016)

Kennis + 5th (2016 via COLUMBUS) to Colorado for Redmond (D) + 7th (2017)

No flack from me. These are much better than the OP's. Personally, I would rather have Hansen over Yandle but that's just me. I would definitely do the Pittsburgh and Washington ones if they were game.

UPDATE:

Hamhuis to LA for Cernak + 3rd (2016)

Hansen + Bartkowski + 3rd (via BOSTON) to Dallas for Demers (D) + Ritchie (RW) + 5th (2017)

Biega + 7th (2016 via NY ISLANDERS) to Columbus for Heatherington (D) + 6th (2016)

Kenins + 6th (2016 via COLUMBUS) to Colorado for Redmond (D)

Say for argument, all trades occur, this is what the Canucks lineup could look like the after the deadline:

SEDIN, D               SEDIN, H.               SUTTER, B.

VIRTANEN, J

BAERTSCHI, S.     HORVAT, B             VIRTANEN, J.

ETEM, E.

MARTIN, M.           GRANLUND, M.      ETEM, E.

LATTA, M

DORSETT, D.        McCANN, J             LATTA, M.

CRACKNELL, A.

CRACKNELL, A.

SUNDQVIST, O.

EDLER, A.            TANEV, C.

HUTTON, B

HUTTON, B.          DEMERS, J.

SBISA, L.

SBISA, L.              REDMOND, Z.

PEDAN, A.

PEDAN, A.

IRWIN, M.

MILLER, R.

MARKSTROM, J.

* Players in RED indicate injury replacement of EDLER, A/SUTTER, B.. and re-alignment of lines/pairings.

** Have increased depth with:

- CERNAK, E. (D) - 18   6-3  203

- SUNDQVIST, O. (C/W) - 21  6-3  209

- BREEN, C. (D) - 26  6-7  224

- IRWIN, M. (D) - 28  6-2  210

- HEATHERINGTON, D. (D) - 20  6-3 196

*** Replacents:

- MARTIN, M. (LW/RW) - 26  6-3 215

- GRANLUND, M. (C) - 22  5-11  185

- LATTA, M. (RW/C) - 24  6-0  209

- DEMERS, J. (D) - 27  6-1  195

- REDMOND, Z. (D) - 27  6-2  205