The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Granlund | #60 | C/W

Johnny Torts

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why do we magically become a playoff team in two to three years?  Maybe we are still only bottom 10?  

maybe, I'm responding to Boudrias who is worried Baer and Granlund aren't strong enough for the playoffs. So what i said is we are not going to be in the playoffs for a couple of seasons, both Baer and Granlund still have time to get stronger as their bodies mature with age. They are in early 20's so they are still getting stronger. 

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

maybe, I'm responding to Boudrias who is worried Baer and Granlund aren't strong enough for the playoffs. So what i said is we are not going to be in the playoffs for a couple of seasons, both Baer and Granlund still have time to get stronger as their bodies mature with age. They are in early 20's so they are still getting stronger. 

I think they both look pretty good right now.  I'm curious which of those two JB decides to expose?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think they both look pretty good right now.  I'm curious which of those two JB decides to expose?  

None. Hanse over either one of those, or trade Hansen and protect both the kids and we are good. 

You know I've said this many times. No more trolling. Thx. 

Edited by WHL rocks

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

None. Hanse over either one of those, or trade Hansen and protect both the kids and we are good. 

You know I've said this many times. No more trolling. Thx. 

You think JB will expose Hansen, and keep the two younger players?  I don't know about that.  Sbisa and one of Baer/Granlund get exposed.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You think JB will expose Hansen, and keep the two younger players?  I don't know about that.  Sbisa and one of Baer/Granlund get exposed.  

No way he keeps a 32 year old declining Hansen over Baer and Granlund who are playing great and getting better. He'd be an idiot to do that. Impossible. 

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No way he keeps a 32 year old declining Hansen over Baer and Granlund who are playing great and getting better. He'd be an idiot to do that. Impossible. 

I sure hope you're right, because keeping the two MUCH younger players is far better for our team's future.  

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

The Sedins need Hansen.  Benning is not trading him with Hansen saying it was a relief to know that he won't have to give a list of teams.  

With Burrows being UFA I think they'll want to keep Hansen for veteran presence and he is also strong defensively (re PK void that Burrows will leave) and brings a lot of speed that this team lacks.

I think Granlund gets protected because he is more versatile (wing and C) and fits better how WD wants to play re his two-way game while Baer is offence only.

36 minutes ago, mll said:

The Sedins need Hansen.  Benning is not trading him with Hansen saying it was a relief to know that he won't have to give a list of teams.  

With Burrows being UFA I think they'll want to keep Hansen for veteran presence and he is also strong defensively (re PK void that Burrows will leave) and brings a lot of speed that this team lacks.

I think Granlund gets protected because he is more versatile (wing and C) and fits better how WD wants to play re his two-way game while Baer is offence only.

Sedins are in the twilight of their careers. They will be in last year of their contract next year. So will Hansen. 

A team struggling to score goals and in desperate need of skilled offensive players would rather give away a 24 year old guy who's still getting better and is their 2nd leading scorer over a declining 32 year old? There is no freaking way. 

A lot could change. Someone else could get traded at deadline, maybe Baer could be part of a package, but if it comes down to exposing one over the other it will be Hansen getting exposed. 

Edited by WHL rocks

23 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Makes a dif who their line mates are as well. When I watch that Columbus team it makes me pause that's all.

22 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hansen will be gold at the TDL.  Fast, can play up and down the lineup, PK, checker, can score, gritty, and the kicker -- his contract.  At only $2.5mil he'll be a lot easier for teams to make room for, and he's signed for another year yet.

This might be the best bidding war player that should be on the market! I don't think you'll find a better bang for buck player at the deadline and he's also locked up for next season. If Hansen isn't moved it would be another huge fail.

17 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

This might be the best bidding war player that should be on the market! I don't think you'll find a better bang for buck player at the deadline and he's also locked up for next season. If Hansen isn't moved it would be another huge fail.

Actually the epic fail will be not moving the Twins, Burrows, Miller and Tanev.

• Upvote 1