You say Justin Bieber-I say ACDC

You say Miley Cyrus-I say Led Zepplin

You say T-Pain-I say Slipknot

You say Flowers-I say?? Metallica

You say Pink-I say Iron Maiden

You? say Hip Hop-i say? shut the ---- up

You say Pop-I scream Heavy Metal!!

You say? hanah montana-i ------- punch you in the face

92% of teenagers have turned to Hip Hop and Pop.If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music,copy? and paste this message to another 5? videos. DON'T? LET? THE? SPIRIT OF ROCK DIE

Yeah, this is so facebook-esque that I'm not gonna even consider doing that. If you want to promote Metal/Rock just post solid songs instead of copy/pasting this bull.

10 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I think Pink Floyd sucks. They're the most overrated band in history. Nirvana is grossly overrated too. Led Zeppelin's got like, two good songs.

I'd rather listen to the song posted.

*Shots fired*

Ever thought about how you are going to chew your next meal when I knock all your teeth out?

*Knuckles Cracked*

If I get banned,  I regret nothing.

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

I hope you guys are kidding...

Dark Side Of The Moon is timeless - as a matter of fact, I was listening to it last night, not once but twice....

Music today isn't Scottish...and you know what they say, If it isn't Scottish it's _____!!!! ;)

On this day in 1975,   Led Zeppelin released their sixth album Physical Graffiti in the UK. Recording sessions had been disrupted when bassist and keyboard player John Paul Jones had proposed quitting the band, supposedly to become choirmaster at Winchester Cathedral, England, although in reality he just needed time to rest after Zeppelin's demanding tour schedule. The group decided on a double album so they could feature songs left over from their previous albums Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV and Houses Of The Holy. More here: http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/physical_graffiti

12717941_10156457209640167_7558295478663

Gotta agree with you here, H.

ABNuck was right about one thing: Page and Plant have both had several off nights live, but for creativity and songwriting, they're one of the top 5 of time, IMHO. As is Pink Floyd.

4 hours ago, etsen3 said:

You say Justin Bieber-I say ACDC

You say Miley Cyrus-I say Led Zepplin

You say T-Pain-I say Slipknot

You say Flowers-I say?? Metallica

You say Pink-I say Iron Maiden

You? say Hip Hop-i say? shut the ---- up

You say Pop-I scream Heavy Metal!!

You say? hanah montana-i ------- punch you in the face

92% of teenagers have turned to Hip Hop and Pop.If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music,copy? and paste this message to another 5? videos. DON'T? LET? THE? SPIRIT OF ROCK DIE

So what you're saying is no good metal has come out in 20 years?

5 hours ago, ABNuck said:

To the OP's credit...we were asked to give our opinions on the video...not the artist.

Of course the age old debate of who's a better artist will rage on until the end of time...some prefer Rihanna, some prefer Pink Floyd, some prefer Mozart...heck some even listen to the Biebs...comes down to personal taste and mood.

I NEVER judge an artist by a music video...they are nothing but over-dubbed, over-produced, over-hyped dribble designed to get you to download the same version in your preferred portable music format.

Go to a concert. Led Zeppelin (mentioned above) were horrible live...ever been to a Hip concert? What the heck is Gordy on?

On the other hand I recently got a chance to see Johnny Dee and Honeymoon Suite...still rockin' it! The current tour (Big and Wide) with Big Sugar and Wide Mouth Mason prove that those guys can rock it live too. I've never been to a pop concert, but from what I see + hear it seems to be more about the stage production (occasionally even resorting to lip-syncing) than it is about the quality of the singer's voice...just from what I see of live recordings...but again I won't judge pop vs. rock vs. hi-hop etc...to each their own.

Sean (Shawn?) Verrault is one of those guys in the totally approachable and decent category. I saw him play with Monkeyjunk and they just jammed around for about 3 hours covering pretty much whatever sprang to mind. I asked him about how he got his tone, and we spent about 20 minutes discussing pedals & pickups.

re Rihanna as an artist, she's okay, but these guys are way more awesome than the original artist in most cases. (Yes, they are often parodies, but still, awesome)

It turns out I really like: Halo - Beyonce, Titanium - David Guterra(?) All About that Bass - Meghan Traynor, and Shake it Off - Taylor Swift. Just not by the original artists.

Thanks CDC.  That's the first current music video I've watched in years.

ok my opinions:

Are we still using auto tune? GTFO.

reeyanna is hot in the trashy way I liked trashy hot chicks 15 years ago.  I couldn't t understand a word she said but I don't think it matters.

this video had everything a teenage boy needs to look at.

apparently drake is totally popular. I've never listened to any of his raps/songs or whatever you call that $&!#.  But whatever he did here was nothing I haven't heard before.  And his track suit was trash.  Seriously, who the &^@# wears a track suit?Gimme my terminator X and beat it.

i wish I was at that party.  Based on what I saw, even a white guy like me who, dances like Frankenstein would get lucky there. 

Rolling pot joints is so edgy.

The bbq looked delicious.

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

I hope you guys are kidding...

Dark Side Of The Moon is timeless - as a matter of fact, I was listening to it last night, not once but twice....

Music today isn't Scottish...and you know what they say, If it isn't Scottish it's _____!!!! ;)

On this day in 1975,   Led Zeppelin released their sixth album Physical Graffiti in the UK. Recording sessions had been disrupted when bassist and keyboard player John Paul Jones had proposed quitting the band, supposedly to become choirmaster at Winchester Cathedral, England, although in reality he just needed time to rest after Zeppelin's demanding tour schedule. The group decided on a double album so they could feature songs left over from their previous albums Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV and Houses Of The Holy. More here: http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/physical_graffiti

12717941_10156457209640167_7558295478663

Nope not kidding I really don't like Nirvana. Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin are good but get really overrated in my opinion both have good song's yes but alot of people make it sound like every song they've written is pure gold.

I much prefer Warren Zevon , Gordon Lightfoot  and Johnny Horton for my "big three" fwiw

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

If you don't like metal than nothing good has ever come out.

but if you do like metal, then that's not true.

I'm not particularly a metal fan, but my comment was mostly a joke.

Regardless, music is subjective.  People can like whatever the heck they want to like.

4 hours ago, Tigs said:

Yeah, this is so facebook-esque that I'm not gonna even consider doing that. If you want to promote Metal/Rock just post solid songs instead of copy/pasting this bull.

That's the joke, the insincerity of my post has gone over your head

Archived