The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

From Chicago's point of view...having a top 4 of Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Hamhuis puts them in sight of another SCF appearance. 

Plus, the addition of Panarin, Anisimov, the breakout out of Teuvo...

They're about 1 defenseman injury away from actually having a weak d-corps. Makes sense to me that they'd pay a premium for  bonafide top-4 guy a la Hammer. 

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's Botchford for what it's worth:

My understanding is if the Canucks are to deal both Hamhuis and Vrbata to Chicago it would not be for a current NHL player.

Instead, it would be for picks and prospects, and, in what is currently the most likely scenario, it would be one of each, and each would be high end.

7 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

But Bartkowski and Weber are also on the block. They literally can't ice a team without some of the trade bait playing. At least Bart and Hammer have been dropped to 3rd pairing

Hamhuis has actual value.  If he gets hurt we lose A LOT.  The other two - not so much.

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

McDavid is -5, which would translate to about -12 if he played a whole season and he is 40% on FO.

Eichel is -13 with a FO% of 40%.

Clearly both of these guys are sh!t.  See, I can cherry pick stats too.

McDavid and Eichel play against the teams top lines every night, Horvat does not. They still are nowhere near as bad in the +/- as Horvat and they're in their first year in the league. Not just that but they put up way more points than Horvat. If Horvat is taking face/offs against other teams top line centre his face/off % would be lower as well. 

McDavid is on pace for a 100 point season if he had played all the games. You're really going to try and compare these players to Horvat.. give me a break.

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's Botchford for what it's worth:

My question would be does he mean 1 of each for each? or does he mean like a prospect for Hamhuis and a pick for Vrbata? Cause that is pretty stingy.

4 minutes ago, theminister said:

Farhan also just said on 1040 that he knows for sure that Hammer has been asked about the Chicago possibility.

I hadn't heard that before.

That might explain Dan's stumbling in the interview this morning. He seemed a little flustered about the question of destinations. 

1040 isn't known for their tact.

Just now, peaches5 said:

McDavid and Eichel play against the teams top lines every night, Horvat does not. They still are nowhere near as bad in the +/- as Horvat and they're in their first year in the league. Not just that but they put up way more points than Horvat. If Horvat is taking face/offs against other teams top line centre his face/off % would be lower as well. 

McDavid is on pace for a 100 point season if he had played all the games. You're really going to try and compare these players to Horvat.. give me a break.

All the more impressive....on pace for 100 points but still a - player.

I'm not comparing either to Horvat, I'm simply saying you cherry picked stats and players to support your argument.  I cherry picked players to refute your argument.  McDavid averages the 3rd most TOI for centres on Edmonton and Eichel the 2nd most, so obviously they arent facing the top line of opposing teams.

Archived