The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 'Nucks @ Ducks, April 1st, 2016, 7pm, Sportsnet Pacific

Cramarossa

19 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Trymakin plays an intelligent game.   very efficient really good with that long stick kinda willy mitchellish

It takes some adjusting to.  He often looks like he's about the be checked or beat and then that stick and reach make the play.  I liked how after the hit he had two guys come at him including Stewart and just knocked them down/aside almost disinterestedly.  Refs definitely were managing hard to even things up after that one.

2 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Between periods commentators were saying that Horvat's numbers are better than Kesler's at the same point in their careers, and almost exactly the same as Henrik's -- and with about the same ice time.

and with the added  responsibility of being the d-zone face off guy and shut down 2nd line center.  Bo has performed well above his pay grade.

2 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

It matters to me!  That means Comets will be raided again and cupboard is a little bare.  

Yep Zalewski was always going to get another look and it looks like now is the perfect time for a callup. I have faith in the Comets to get to the playoffs. Green is has done an amazing job with his pieced together team so far.

4 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

It matters to me!  That means Comets will be raided again and cupboard is a little bare.  

My apologies, I didn't think of the bigger picture.

Go Comets!

(You'll be getting a bunch of guys back very soon. But I feel bad for not knowing, I only assume their playoff bound, right?)

4 minutes ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

I mentioned something similar earlier, but what I wonder is how Kesler was deployed in his second year. I didn't pay enough attention back then to really know.

And who else was on the team, etc. It's so hard to know.  Need a better database somewhere.  Or just time to compare.

5 minutes ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

I mentioned something similar earlier, but what I wonder is how Kesler was deployed in his second year. I didn't pay enough attention back then to really know.

Wasn't that when he and Burrows became a shut down pairing

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

Yep Zalewski was always going to get another look and it looks like now is the perfect time for a callup. I have faith in the Comets to get to the playoffs. Green is has done an amazing job with his pieced together team so far.

If it's Z I am ok with that.  And things are trending well for Comets right now and Z has been part of the last two games where we scored 8 goals after sucking wind on offense for awhile.  

Z is playing well but is slightly (maybe 2-3%) tentative and you can see he has those black stretch supports for his neck down his neck under is jersey. 

Archived