The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

yo thanks dude, but i got a link. I was saying that to that person who said the game is blocked in his country.

I'm watching an Acestream of it, but I have a few back-up links just in case it goes down.

1 minute ago, Spoosh said:

I might die here. This is so exciting, frustrating and breathtaking all at the same time. The whole country is occupied right now and everyone is holding their breath... :excl:

Enjoy the silver medal! ^_^

4 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

I might die here. This is so exciting, frustrating and breathtaking all at the same time. The whole country is occupied right now and everyone is holding their breath... :excl:

C'mon, Finland! We need a hero!!

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Enjoy the silver medal! ^_^

:angry:

On 5/22/2016 at 0:02 PM, Toews said:

You clearly haven't watched much of this tournament. They have been extremely frustrating. Inconsistent calls throughout.

Not true. The IIHF knows how to properly vet their officiating crews & preserve the rulebook standards that actually protect these players. Fighting & overly aggressive self-policing is not encouraged. Can't say the same about the NHL or their so-called 'best' officials ie: O'Halloran, Sutherland, & Lee. There is no comparison. One group attempts to get it right & have some integrity demonstrated from all angles. The NHL? Uh, not so much.

It's so satisfying watching Tanev shut down that Laine-Barkov-Jokinen line. And people want to trade him because "he doesn't score points". In Canada's loss against Finland, his pairing was the only one that wasn't a minus. 

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

It's so satisfying watching Tanev shut down that Laine-Barkov-Jokinen line. And people want to trade him because "he doesn't score points". In Canada's loss against Finland, his pairing was the only one that wasn't a minus. 

Positioning becomes so important on the larger ice surface and Tanev has really been able to showcase how well he reads the game

Archived