The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Troy Stecher | #51 | D

Gstank29

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sounds like he probably wants to go to a winner. He'd probably be a bit favourable to Vancouver, but maybe not as much as we'd like.

24 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Sounds like he probably wants to go to a winner. He'd probably be a bit favourable to Vancouver, but maybe not as much as we'd like.

I like Stech as both a player and person but I would think that Juulsen or Keeper would be a better fit because of age and also a lower salary Cap hit. Both Jet Woo and Filip Johansson need more seasoning in the AHL IMO. Unless the Canucks pick up a RD in the off season, this is what I feel is the most likely scenario

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I like Stech as both a player and person but I would think that Juulsen or Keeper would be a better fit because of age and also a lower salary Cap hit. Both Jet Woo and Filip Johansson need more seasoning in the AHL IMO. Unless the Canucks pick up a RD in the off season, this is what I feel is the most likely scenario

Juulsen I could see a case for, but Keeper is a 3-6 guy in Abbotsford I think, so probably not at all close to NHL time yet. 

Regardless, all four guys you named would certainly be cheaper than Stech, who will probably cost around $1.5M or so.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...