The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) offer sheeting Tyson Barrie

Let's play the assumption game and pretend we win the lottery and draft matthews and trade hansen to a team with a mid round 2nd for example mtr.

Our top 3 picks end up being matthews(1c), morrison(lw), johanson(rhd) for example.

If we pay 7 mill 7 year for barrie i don't think col matches with their internal cap. We would still have enough money for a ufa winger to play with matthews or the sedins

2016 lineup

Sedin sedin sutter

Baer matthews okposo(for ex)

Rodin horvat virtanen

Dorsett granlund gaunce

Edler barrie

Hutton tanev

Sbiza tryamkin

Miller

Markstrom

I just wonder about the idea of giving the sedins one more chance at being competitive and i ask my fellow nuck fans what they think. Is this lineup still too young? Do we have enough prospect talent\depth to lose our 1 2 3 next year with the offer sheet? Etc etc

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When did Tyson Barrie become a defenseman worth $7,000,000 a season? He's on par with Doughty? Keith?

God no!

Fair point, I think $5.75M would be pretty close though. Keep in mind if we want him we have to give an offer that they won't match.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When did Tyson Barrie become a defenseman worth $7,000,000 a season? He's on par with Doughty? Keith?

God no!

49 points in 78 games is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, with the way salaries are going up, 7 in 7 wouldn't seem unreasonable in a year or two. Plus, one could argue that since Barrie is only 24 he hasn't even hit his prime years yet. 

As for what we would have to give up for that offer sheet, I would only consider it IF we won the lottery and that's a pretty damn big if.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

49 points in 78 games is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, with the way salaries are going up, 7 in 7 wouldn't seem unreasonable in a year or two. Plus, one could argue that since Barrie is only 24 he hasn't even hit his prime years yet. 

As for what we would have to give up for that offer sheet, I would only consider it IF we won the lottery and that's a pretty damn big if.

sneeze.gif

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

God no!

If keith and doughty were free agents today they are looking at 9 imo. Look at the subban contract and i think thats where they float around

Canucks' need every pick in the future, way too many holes on this teams prospect pool. If they can make a hockey trade that's good otherwise please don't send a offer sheet. The picks is something we need. Plus with the history of Weisbrod it should be crystal clear, we need to be extra careful when handling offer sheets. 

please no, no quick fix, no to offer sheet will make you look bad in other gms eyes. Do a hockey trade instead, if they know how that is.

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Canucks' need every pick in the future, way too many holes on this teams prospect pool. If they can make a hockey trade that's good otherwise please don't send a offer sheet. The picks is something we need. Plus with the history of Weisbrod it should be crystal clear, we need to be extra careful when handling offer sheets. 

please no, no quick fix, no to offer sheet will make you look bad in other gms eyes. Do a hockey trade instead, if they know how that is.

Well said Des, you nailed it/

Archived