The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) This team needs a legit 1st line Center, to replace Hanky

I know this might be a stretch but i feel the Club would be better served if next year the Sedins anchored the second line, therefore we would need a 1st line center, so...

Trade- Edler(no trade clause I know) + Hansen and our 2nd 2016 for M.Duchene.

Colorado might consider this as Edler still holds great value and slots into their 1st pair Right side. Hansen would look great playing on the Right side with Soderberg. Mackinnon of course takes the first line center with Landeskog on his right. The 2nd rd pick is self explanatory.

Canucks do this because they can sign UFA Eriksson to play along side Duchene and i would honestly move McCann to the Left side and folks this line becomes our 1st line. Extremely fast, electric, talented and something for us to get excited about. Sutter moves to the wing with the Sedins and this team is starting to look really deep. Horvat, Baertschi and Jake on the third line and I think we have a legit chance to compete. Boeser is on his way and would look amazing on Duchene's right side in a couple of years. This trade does exactly what this Club needs.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Why make a weak defense already weaker by trading your most experienced all/round defenseman? 

Just get PLD and the succession plan will have begun. 

Know I realize they could get Dubois, but he's honestly 2 maybe even 3 years away so whats there to get excited about? 2-3 more years of the Sedins slowing down even more and they keeping eating up the most minutes but that's OK because they're the best we got. This is my whole point...

1 minute ago, captaincowbasher said:

Know I realize they could get Dubois, but he's honestly 2 maybe even 3 years away so whats there to get excited about? 2-3 more years of the Sedins slowing down even more and they keeping eating up the most minutes but that's OK because they're the best we got. This is my whole point...

Hutton will be that much better and with the tournament he's in now he'll be even more confident, he will sot in and Hammer's comming back so we're ok on the right side.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

We aren't getting Duchene without giving up at least 1 of Horvat/Boeser/Hutton/McCann/Virtanen/5th overall.

Sorry. I like the idea, but this deal really gives no motivation for the Avs to pull the trigger.

I would happily do 5th overall pick + hansen +Sbisa for Duchenne + COL 2nd

sedin sedin Eriksson

Bartschi Duchenne Sutter

Burrows Horvat Etem

Gaunce Granlund Dorsette

Virtanen, Mccann in utica as 1st/2nd line players

a trade like that allows us to perfectly transition our forward group in to the next generation

future

Beartschi Duchenne Boeser

Mann Horvat Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Etem

----        Cassels ------

pretty solid

49 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

I know this might be a stretch but i feel the Club would be better served if next year the Sedins anchored the second line, therefore we would need a 1st line center, so...

Trade- Edler(no trade clause I know) + Hansen and our 2nd 2016 for M.Duchene.

Colorado might consider this as Edler still holds great value and slots into their 1st pair Right side. Hansen would look great playing on the Right side with Soderberg. Mackinnon of course takes the first line center with Landeskog on his right. The 2nd rd pick is self explanatory.

Canucks do this because they can sign UFA Eriksson to play along side Duchene and i would honestly move McCann to the Left side and folks this line becomes our 1st line. Extremely fast, electric, talented and something for us to get excited about. Sutter moves to the wing with the Sedins and this team is starting to look really deep. Horvat, Baertschi and Jake on the third line and I think we have a legit chance to compete. Boeser is on his way and would look amazing on Duchene's right side in a couple of years. This trade does exactly what this Club needs.

if i'm colorado, i want tanev, horvat and van's 1st pick....

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

Thats a ridiculous overpayment. In the last 2 years Duchene hasnt even made 60 points in either season.

Just now, smithers joe said:

that's what i would want...not edler, not hansen.....

They can want that all they want but they would never get that value from us or anyone else. Massive overpayment 

cdc'ers always make trade proposals that are for players they want, giving up players they want to move...it doesn't happen that way...benning would have to go to colorado's gm and ask him who he'ld want for that players...then decide if he was willing to make that deal...

26 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

wow that is one way to absolutely shut down a trade proposal

JB: Hi i am calling on Duchenne

COL GM:I don't care who you are calling about, just give me your franchises' 2 best assets and say throw in a top pairing d man. Deal?

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

wow that is one way to absolutely shut down a trade proposal

JB: Hi i am calling on Duchenne

COL GM:I don't care who you are calling about, just give me your franchises' 2 best assets and say throw in a top pairing d man. Deal?

that's how it works......when the canucks wanted barry pederson from boston, boston wanted sedlebauer...canucks were convinced that he would be a super star, they said no...boston ended up taking cam neely....

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

that's how it works......when the canucks wanted barry pederson from boston, boston wanted sedlebauer...canucks were convinced that he would be a super star, they said no...boston ended up taking cam neely....

I don't get it, how does matt duchenne = horavt + a 5th overall + a top pairing d man????

(horvat has already hit 40 pints (19 less than duchenne) as a 20yr old while playing minimal PP time and with no good wingers, is better defensively than duchenne and is a future captain)

smithers joe - the trades that have happened involving players arguably better than duchenne - Johansen, Jeff Carter (in his prime), Rick Nash, Phill Kessel, etc came nowhere near the return value of horvat, a 5th and tanev

if you are proposing a trade for a player who is less than these but asking for much more than I do not know how to help you come back to earth

6 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

at the time cam neely was underperforming, bo and tanev are not, I do not see your reasoning, plus you just asked for 3 top assets and in your example, the neely trade was neely and the 3rd overall pick 2 top assets, for 1 good player..where are u bro? smithers? I am sorry

your missing the point...trades are made when both sides are happy with the deal..benning can't go into a trade by telling the other gm, who he would give them for this player...they will discus different options...i'm saying that cdc just make trades that they feel would be great for their team...i wouldn't trade horvat and tanev but colorado could want someone that we don't want to give up..it isn't rocket science.

Archived