The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Game of Thrones (Game On)

Beluga Whale

Maybe a saving grace for Kaz..

If I read the role PM correctly, the Mafia jail keeper can target any player, so TL targeting Kaz may not mean that Kaz is definitely mafia.

But, in the same thought, I see no reason for TL to act on Kaz, especially when TL was calling Kaz scummy this game.  It would be a hell of a frame job.

13 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

If Kaz was truly TP, he would have placed his save on Aladeen, to prevent him from an MK, which we were fortunate for it not to have happened.  Surely, preserving one of the better players (Aladeen), and importantly a confirmed TP, is much better for the town than bluffing about saving JJ and then saving yourself?  Even Falcon would have been a decent choice.

We can vote out Mau5 (who I think is the JOAT) but voting Kaz may be more telling.

Like I said, this whole saving JJ reveal was made to make Kaz look scummy when it didn't happen, and at the same time, contribute to Mau5 looking TP when he claimed his kill was on Kaz, which there's a good chance it didn't occur either.

I bluffed on JJ because he was also confirmed TP. The hope was that Falcon and Jazz would protect Aladeen and Falcon respectively.

@thejazz97 Did you try to save anyone? Or do you still have it?

9 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Maybe a saving grace for Kaz..

If I read the role PM correctly, the Mafia jail keeper can target any player, so TL targeting Kaz may not mean that Kaz is definitely mafia.

But, in the same thought, I see no reason for TL to act on Kaz, especially when TL was calling Kaz scummy this game.  It would be a hell of a frame job.

The only reason I can imagine he acted on me was because all the town specials were rendered useless and he had no better option than to try and block my potential mystery box action.

1 minute ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

I bluffed on JJ because he was also confirmed TP. The hope was that Falcon and Jazz would protect Aladeen and Falcon respectively.

@thejazz97 Did you try to save anyone? Or do you still have it?

The only reason I can imagine he acted on me was because all the town specials were rendered useless and he had no better option than to try and block my potential mystery box action.

Except you opened your mystery box in round 4 and he acted in you in round 3.  Unless you're insinuating that he knew beforehand that you hadn't opened your box?

Also, it's well-known, or was made known, that Jazz (allegedly) used his save on Falcon in round 3 so that Falcon could save another TP.  In other words, Jazz had no save going into round 4.

Either you were the potato this last round (for that play) or Mafia.  I think the latter but the rest of the town should decide.

I'm gonna have to hope on a laptop tomorrow and do a writeup on everyone left alive...

JL and Jazz voting DrS the round before last could mean there is a small possibility that Mau and Kaz are both telling the truth. 

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

Except you opened your mystery box in round 4 and he acted in you in round 3.  Unless you're insinuating that he knew beforehand that you hadn't opened your box?

Also, it's well-known, or was made known, that Jazz (allegedly) used his save on Falcon in round 3 so that Falcon could save another TP.  In other words, Jazz had no save going into round 4.

Either you were the potato this last round (for that play) or Mafia.  I think the latter but the rest of the town should decide.

I'm saying he had nobody better to block so he tried me on the off chance I opened the box

That isn't well-known since I didn't know that

I will say this the one thing that doesn't sit well with me is that Kaz shouldn't have saved himself regardless, he wasn't in danger of being killed by the Mafia only Mau. 

If he was killed by Mau he would have shown up TP Mau would have been confirmed Tp and it would have been an easier solve for us.

i am mostly just writing this out now as a note to myself for tomorrow

Just now, Kazmanian Devil said:

I'm saying he had nobody better to block so he tried me on the off chance I opened the box

That isn't well-known since I didn't know that

1. Okay but he went on record in calling you scummy.  So in hindsight, there really is no reason, besides you guys being teammates, for him to jail you or act on you.  Again, the only semi-defence is that you were randomly selected but it doesn't really mean much other than convenience for you since I don't think anybody revealed their mystery box results in round 3.

2. I guess read the thread a bit better next time (although 100 pages is daunting)

5 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

On the other hand the Mafia Killing the person Kaz said he was going to save also seems a little odd, it is some serious WIFOM. Why say you're going to save JJ just to MK him 

This thought occurred to me as well. Tough to explain what the plan or logic is. 

9 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I will say this the one thing that doesn't sit well with me is that Kaz shouldn't have saved himself regardless, he wasn't in danger of being killed by the Mafia only Mau. 

If he was killed by Mau he would have shown up TP Mau would have been confirmed Tp and it would have been an easier solve for us.

i am mostly just writing this out now as a note to myself for tomorrow

Exactly. If you're confirmed TP my save would have gone on you. It doesn't matter what I thought somebody else may have done. 

3 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

1. Okay but he went on record in calling you scummy.  So in hindsight, there really is no reason, besides you guys being teammates, for him to jail you or act on you.  Again, the only semi-defence is that you were randomly selected but it doesn't really mean much other than convenience for you since I don't think anybody revealed their mystery box results in round 3.

2. I guess read the thread a bit better next time (although 100 pages is daunting)

1. mfw

What does him calling me scummy have to do with anything? He blocked me because he had nobody better to use it on. It wasn't random, I was arguably the most suspicious of TL all game long.

I can't think of any other reason he'd do it.

2. I've been Dral'd for several days sry

Just sitting here without looking back in the thread, my brain keeps going back to Jazz's vote on DrS where he comes back to the thread after a long absence and voted him without explanation.

Man I am really going to have to go back and read a bunch Jazz and JL are not forgotten in their scumminess. 

Also if either zfetch or AV is Mafia we are pretty much screwed

2 Mafia left in

jazz

dral

mau

kaz

AV 

zfetch 

we really only have a single mislynch to win this game. 

Man I bet peeps in DPS are screaming that we're potatoes in this not being so obvious to the living players. 

29 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I'm gonna have to hope on a laptop tomorrow and do a writeup on everyone left alive...

JL and Jazz voting DrS the round before last could mean there is a small possibility that Mau and Kaz are both telling the truth. 

omg man.. I'm not mafia!!11!!1 

Lynch Kaz and you will see

35 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

On the other hand the Mafia Killing the person Kaz said he was going to save also seems a little odd, it is some serious WIFOM. Why say you're going to save JJ just to MK him 

Is it just me, or are people making up acronyms at this point?

Also, I could see Kaz' reason to save himself especially after Mau5 claimed to kill him right before nightfall, but logically, it just doesn't make sense.

He could have saved Aladeen. 

He could have saved Falcon.

He could have even saved me.(Or JJ like he said he would)

But he saved himself...

tmpb2mdrd.jpg

JL and Dral should also get more of a look.

If JL is playing the clueless angle, he's doing it very well.

While Dral has blended in so far.

I also still find Kakanucks saying she thinks 1 of the 3 subs are mafia as extremely telling.

No reason to sneak that one line in when it wasn't needed.

Archived