The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

24 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Besides, you already have both of our 1sts!

Well in that case, I'll make a bet with myself ::D

7 hours ago, SidneyRaymond said:

I don't mind the offer sheet, but I don't understand the justification and fairness of being able to substitute another team's pick for an offersheet. It is NHL rules to only be able to offer sheet with your own picks as compensation. I understand this is just fantasy, but I believe many of us enjoy this league because it simulates the life of a GM in an NHL environment. And that is the limitation and difficulty of being able to make offersheets... is that you must have your own picks. This is even more baffling as CBJ 3rd will be a lower pick than VGK 3rd.

I'm new, but was there a precedent for this type of scenario and being new, I might not be aware of this issue? If not, should there have been at least an announcement to GMs that you may use another team's picks for offer sheets?

I mean, sure, this is just a 3rd round pick, but what if it is CBJ 1st in place of VGK 1st...

This is likely the first offersheet since you joined, but that has been standard since last offseason. It certainly isn't a new rule that is being used for the first time. With the amount of trades in this league, not many teams still own all their picks. We definitely don't want teams to stop trading, and we want GMs to be able to make offersheets since the NHL GMs never do.

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Good call, Azzy. That Columbus 3rd will be 63rd overall, after all.

Speaking of Anaheim's 2018 3rd...

We still haven't received this pick. Since Anaheim doesn't have their own, we're fine with getting Winnipeg's instead.

Probably because you just traded that pick for Gryba.

The Rangers are thrilled to get Callahan, Pakarinen, and Mason.

In Callahan and Pakarinen, we get two depth players with room to grow (should've offered more @thejazz97!)

In Mason we get a solid goaltender on an up and coming team. His signing means we will be listening to offers on Corey Crawford. Chicago is still a top team, so he will put up plenty of points, with no risk of losing his starter role. We wouldn't even be considering moving him if it weren't for the signing, as we don't really need 2 starters.

with Nick Shore the next Player re-signed IRL 

that leaves  only Joe Cramarossa  and Cody Franson unsigned for now .

the habs will probably looking to trade for a better option on the backup position but this will not happen untill the season starts.

first we have to see what berube and tokarski can bring up in the camp. 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Miyagi said:

Stars still listening on Bjugstad and looking to move Zetterberg. Anyone who missed in FA or want a guy who can put up over 3.5 fantasy pts/g or a guy who had a down year looking to rebound. 

And if you want a guy who does the same for less money, and on a playoff team, Columbus is still considering offers on Andrew Shaw!

14 hours ago, D-Money said:

Yup. That's what happens when there's slim pickings!

$3.25 mil for Irwin looks all the better with the Preds acquiring Emelin...does that bump Irwin into #7? Thought about throwing an offer at Cracknell, but $2.5 mil?!? Not sure he'll get near the GP or icetime now that half of the Stars' forwards aren't on IR.

If anyone missed out on these scrubs and would like to acquire a REAL player, please contact the Columbus Blue Jackets. We are currently listening to offers on dealing one of Mike Hoffman or Andrew Shaw.

As elite as Yannick Weber may be from his days of playing in the world's most glorious sporting franchise, I doubt he can take the #6 spot from Matt Irwin who hails from the most glorious province on God's green earth. 

But yea slim pickings and big contracts for sure lol. 

Archived