The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

24 minutes ago, oldnews said:

U.S. Customs and Board Security let you into the country?

You obviously didn't disclose the purpose of your visit lol.

#tostalkLuca

Did you find out what hotel he's staying in?

Hahaha ... man Vegas is too huge to run into anyone. I know he's a gambler ... well based on that one time I saw him and Kenins at Edgewater but I barely gambled myself so really had no chance of seeing him.

I'm sure he probably bought a mansion close by... homes are so cheap there. There was a 4 bedrooom house with a pool for 350k... Can't even get a 500sqft apartment over here with that :(

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

Hahaha ... man Vegas is too huge to run into anyone. I know he's a gambler ... well based on that one time I saw him and Kenins at Edgewater but I barely gambled myself so really had no chance of seeing him.

I'm sure he probably bought a mansion close by... homes are so cheap there. There was a 4 bedrooom house with a pool for 350k... Can't even get a 500sqft apartment over here with that :(

Looks like I'm moving to Vegas.

5 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Roommates? 

Was pretty funny picturing your avatar saying that, in that pose.

I love the occasional jaunt to Vegas, but I sure wouldn't want to live there. And it seems a greater percentage of people decide they don't want live, there...

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/freakonomics-radio-gambling-with-your-life-or-why-las-vegas-is-the-suicide-capital-of-the-u-s/

"Controlling for age, gender, marital status, and year effects, the odds of suicide among Las Vegas residents was at least 50% greater than among residents elsewhere in each of the three decades we observed."

1 hour ago, Tigs said:

Looks like I'm moving to Vegas.

1 hour ago, Tylez said:

Roommates? 

1 hour ago, Cramarossa said:

qjlnw.jpg

So there's 4 of us... we can get a mansion at this rate. 

59 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Was pretty funny picturing your avatar saying that, in that pose.

I love the occasional jaunt to Vegas, but I sure wouldn't want to live there. And it seems a greater percentage of people decide they don't want live, there...

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/freakonomics-radio-gambling-with-your-life-or-why-las-vegas-is-the-suicide-capital-of-the-u-s/

"Controlling for age, gender, marital status, and year effects, the odds of suicide among Las Vegas residents was at least 50% greater than among residents elsewhere in each of the three decades we observed."

Damn... that's crazy. I'm just going based on my own speculation but maybe it's because drugs are so accessible that it leads to mental health problems and ultimately suicide? 

I'm sort of contemplating it though... I'm just so fed up with Vancouver. I bust my ass and all I have to show for is a government that promotes money laundry and outsiders to make it unlivable for us. You know what the worst part is? I know so many millionaire families that launder their money in, claim 0 income and don't pay $75/month for MSP, don't pay income taxes I do... use our roads, healthcare etc.... and they get that GST refund cheque in the mail which local workers dont. Yet the government just promotes it and I can't possibly afford a 700 sqft condo downtown even if I make 80-110k a year working 60 hours a week. By the time you pay rent, car, insurance, cell, food, etc... you can barely save. 

Even if I go to Vegas and take a lower end job and make 50k, my quality of life would be drastically better. 

North Van 3mill 

https://www.locatehomes.ca/bc-real-estate-listings/north-vancouver/mls-R2154189/275-Newdale-Court-North-Vancouver-V7N3H2?id=262175816 

Vegas 288k... USD - 13 minutes from the strip 

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4203-Walhaven-Ct_Las-Vegas_NV_89103_M19427-65681#photo0

I feel I'd be much less likely to commit suicide with that home at 288k USD than the North Van one with 3mill (not that I could ever get a 3mill mortgage) 

Also sorry to go so off topic... so here's some CDCP stuff

Nashville is looking to trade away 1 defense man for a forward. Can be a package or a 1 for 1. 

1 minute ago, Jaku said:

I always wanted to move back to BC but the cost of living is ridiculous. Saskatchewan is more than okay for me.

Alberta's a pretty happy medium for me - there are at least people and things to do out here. :P

5 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Alberta's a pretty happy medium for me - there are at least people and things to do out here. :P

If Canada's Texas is what you're looking for.  Personally, I'd take Saskatchewan, if for no other reason than the culture lol.

The only advantage Alberta has are it's proximity to B.C. and the mountains that spill over from....

I live in the Northwest Territories. I was named after a dog that saved my fathers life from a polar bear. The only thing to do for fun is go out in the -55 weather and play shinny in our parkas. The fact that any humans have chosen to live in this hellish frozen wasteland baffles me. But somehow I am still here. 

O Canada eh? 

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

If Canada's Texas is what you're looking for.  Personally, I'd take Saskatchewan, if for no other reason than the culture lol.

The only advantage Alberta has are it's proximity to B.C. and the mountains that spill over from....

The people are nice here. And the housing is relatively cheap. 

Ideally, I'd never completely move away from Saskatchewan, which is a far cry from how I felt two years ago, when all I wanted to do was move back to Vancouver.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The people are nice here. And the housing is relatively cheap. 

Ideally, I'd never completely move away from Saskatchewan, which is a far cry from how I felt two years ago, when all I wanted to do was move back to Vancouver.

30 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Calgary has mountains only 30 minutes away, no PST, cheaper booze, and the Chinook winds periodically melt the snow in the winter (so it doesn't build up over months like in most other areas in Canada). And I own a house in the inner-city that cost me 1/3 of what it would of in Vancouver.

With less jobs and higher housing prices than a few years ago, it's not quite as cut-and-dry of an option for many as it once was. But overall, I like it.

Archived