The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

12 hours ago, Master Mind said:

This is likely the first offersheet since you joined, but that has been standard since last offseason. It certainly isn't a new rule that is being used for the first time. With the amount of trades in this league, not many teams still own all their picks. We definitely don't want teams to stop trading, and we want GMs to be able to make offersheets since the NHL GMs never do.

Sure, fair enough. Would've appreciated an announcement for this as there are a handful new GMs since last year's off-season.. and it might have changed a few of our off-season game plans, but I guess we all know now.

EDM matches the offer sheet and happily retain Parayko.

1 hour ago, SidneyRaymond said:

Sure, fair enough. Would've appreciated an announcement for this as there are a handful new GMs since last year's off-season.. and it might have changed a few of our off-season game plans, but I guess we all know now.

Expected for the match. Good try @Captain Azzy :P 

1 minute ago, maroe said:

Expected for the match. Good try @Captain Azzy :P 

Large offer sheets like these fascinate me. On the one hand, there's a huge amount of risk involved - you could end up giving up multiple picks for diddly squat, or receive too few picks for someone who explodes the next season - or on the other hand, you can totally be a dick to another GM: imagine if Azzy offer sheeted him at the same AAV, but for two years. Then he's in line for a huge raise in two years - and Karlsson, Nurse, Ceci, and Duchene all have to be signed in the same time frame - or, if SR chooses to accept compensation, Azzy's stuck with the elephantine bridge deal.

2 hours ago, SidneyRaymond said:

Tbf, he should be worth it with Shattenkirk out of the picture. Good match!

4 hours ago, SidneyRaymond said:

Can we agree to add something to the main rules page explicitly stating the house rules in this? It will help avoid the issue for future new GMs. I admit I was surprised myself. We have have some really explicit exceptions stated for other things (such as the being able to trade after offer sheets). Since there wasn't one for this, I would normally assume CBA rules, and was caught off guard.

I agree with the change though. More trades equal more fun.

595625f498a44_PuckMain.jpg.e96598216c9cd8a33fb4d62d11930dc7.jpg

On behalf of @apollo, the Nashville Predators are proud to announce the signings of:

Phil Di Giuseppe - 3 years, $1.295m

Scott Mayfield - 3 years, $1.96m

Phil Di Giuseppe and Scott Mayfield are both RFAs, signed from the Minnesota Wild. @gmen81 has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salaries, comes out to no picks for Di Giuseppe and a 3rd round pick in 2018 for Mayfield.

On behalf of @Tylez, the Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce the signings of:

Barclay Goodrow - 2 years, $1.1m

Derrick Pouliot - 3 years, $1.239m

Barclay Goodrow is an RFA, signed from the Minnesota Wild. @gmen81 has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, is nothing.

Derrick Pouliot is an RFA, signed from the St. Louis Blues. @LilBurrows has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, is nothing.

On behalf of @thejazz97, the Arizona Coyotes are proud to announce the offee sheet signings of:

Jonny Brodzinski - 2 years, $0.8m AAV

Ryan Collins - 2 years, $0.7m AAV

Max McCormick - 2 years, $0.735m AAV

Jonny Bodzinski is an RFA, signed from the Minnestart Wild. @gmen81 has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, is nothing.

Ryan Collins is an RFA, signed from the Colorado Avalanche. @morrissex95has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, is nothing.

Max McCormick is an RFA, signed from the Ottawa Senators. @Art Vandelayhas seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, is nothing.

Oh boy!

McCormick is yours, Jazz.

Given his underlying stats and his age, I don't have much faith he will ever be an NHL contributor.

Maybe it's poor asset management to let him go, as it won't hurt me, but that's the way she goes.

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

Oh boy!

McCormick is yours, Jazz.

Given his underlying stats and his age, I don't have much faith he will ever be an NHL contributor.

Maybe it's poor asset management to let him go, as it won't hurt me, but that's the way she goes.

Works for me. Thanks! :P 

59 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

595625f498a44_PuckMain.jpg.e96598216c9cd

On behalf of @Tylez, the Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce the signing of:

Matt Hunwick - 3 years, $2m AAV

With us missing out on Matt Irwin we went to plan B. Which was find anything else. Lol. We are very happy to add Matt to the team. He should have a really strong showing the next few years and we really look forward to seeing him put on that show here with us! Thanks @thejazz97 for processing and all your work this offseason. Same goes to all the others in the commish group

Archived