The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

4 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I think there's a bit of a disconnect here. D-Money is talking about the NHL ruling for offsheets, while SHMV is talking about our rule where teams have a penalty for doing sign and trades - which lasts about a month.

Depending on who it is. Minor leaguer, likely no penalty. Sign and trade an elite player? One GM was under the cosh for around three months.

1 minute ago, Captain Azzy said:

Depending on who it is. Minor leaguer, likely no penalty. Sign and trade an elite player? One GM was under the cosh for around three months.

I think @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka was just on a rampage of mixing up information in that particular chain of comments. I am going to chock it up to him deviously attempting to confuse our rivals.

To clarify, the conversation he was trying to quote was regarding the amount of time you had to WAIT before it no longer counted as a sign and trade. We were informed by MM that you should give it a good month, give or take, before you think of flipping anyone after signing. Duration of penalty hadn't come up, but 3 months sounds quite reasonable. Especially if it was egregious. 

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

To NYR: Henrik Sedin (50%retained), Daniel Sedin (50% retained), 2018 CGY 4th

To VGK: David Krejci

To CGY: Lars Eller

Without a doubt, the single greatest acquisition in the history of New York City sports.

The city has finally gained some credibility. 

@Master Mind Will win the cup. I'm not even gonna bother playing this year :(

Florida continues to look to shake it up and above the previously mentioned guys is willing to listen on most anyone. We'll be going for a repeat so looking to acquire playoff assets. I have two 1sts as well to dangle :)

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Thank you @Master Mind and @Captain Azzy for awesome negotiations as we pulled off the league's biggest and first three way trade. There are no better pieces than Hank and Dank for this historical trade.  Apollo's reaction was well worth it and I wish the best of luck toHank in NYC. I hope this opens new ideas and doors for other GMs to collaborate in trades, facilitating more teamwork and competition. Glad to have made history!

Thanks to @thejazz97 for processing!

11 minutes ago, maroe said:

Thank you @Master Mind and @Captain Azzy for awesome negotiations as we pulled off the league's biggest and first three way trade. There are no better pieces than Hank and Dank for this historical trade.  Apollo's reaction was well worth it and I wish the best of luck toHank in NYC. I hope this opens new ideas and doors for other GMs to collaborate in trades, facilitating more teamwork and competition. Glad to have made history!

Thanks to @thejazz97 for processing!

Ahem... I beg to differ on both first and biggest... ;) 

5 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Ahem... I beg to differ on both first and biggest... ;) 

Awks, did not see that. But Hank and Dank are biiiig... atleast in Apollo's heart so I guess we will settle for biggest ;) 

Just a reminder to all that the Capitals will consider offers on the following players: John Tavares, Mark Stone, JT Brown, David Perron, Josh Gorges, and Jaroslav Halak. 

We are more than happy to keep all of these guys, but if the right deal comes along one of these fantastic hockey players could be yours!

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

A big thanks to @maroe and @Captain Azzy in making this deal happen. I shot the idea out to them, thinking it likely wasn't doable, but here we are.

While I think all 4 players in this trade will do better than last year, it's exciting to bring in the Sedins. No one was happier than coach AV though, and the rest of the coaching staff, who all celebrated upon hearing the trade.

4839271.jpg?size=620x400s

But best of all is knowing that this had to have put a smile on @apollo's face!

9 hours ago, Sygvard said:

No. From league rules: 

• If you decide to match an offer sheet made to one of your players, you CAN trade him - unlike in real life, where you cannot for one year after matching. 

It is ignored along with no trade clauses. Keep those trades flowing comrades.

I like and agree with the fact this league doesn't adhere to the NHL's one year restriction with offer sheets - I think a (fantasy) team should be free to move their asset (if the elect to retain their rights as opposed to take os compensations) whether or not they signed with their club or an offersheet was matched.  There are no real people / families  / or 'loyalties' involved here - so I think the Puck approach is a good one, particularly when we also forego all the complications and conflicts associated with limiting clauses.

I'd much prefer to see this restriction (one year) applied to UFAs that sign with new teams - perhaps with the exception of one year deals where a player can be dealt at the deadline to a playoff team if theirs is not.

Winnipeg looking to make it interesting.

The Jets are considering offers on John Carlson - perenial 4-5 fppg player over the past five years and over 5ppg two of the past three - and needless to say, for a perenial playoff contender.  No fixed form necessary in terms of the return - will depend on what those interested teams have to offer - the Jets are flexible, but needless to say would want talks to start with a quality principle asset.

Also considering offers on Colin Wilson, recently dealt to the Avs irl - looks like he'll be on a line with Gabriel Landeskog and Tyson Yost in Colorado.  3fppg range LW/C.  Price is moderate but won't be mirroring the irl deal - the Jets are not in a position like that of the Predators (with players like Johansen, Arvidsson to re-sign) - or the Florida Panthers (dumping cap for revenue/ownership purposes).  We have a full roster and 8.4 million in cap space, so we're able to take cap back or on in a deal.

Young Rangers forward Matt Puempel, recently re-signed by the Rags irl, could also be the subject of trade talks. 

And to add a bit of extra spice, recent 8th overall pick Casey Mittelstadt is also not untouchable.

Fire away.  No offence taken to unsavoury proposals lol.   Open to offers on the majority of our assets, but we will point out that efforts to get us to part with players like Draisaitl, Jenner. Klefbom, Hartman, Chabot or Gibson aren't likely to be successful.

595625f498a44_PuckMain.jpg.e96598216c9cd8a33fb4d62d11930dc7.jpg

On behalf of @Captain Azzy, the Vegas Golden Knights are proud to announce the signing of:

Colton Parayko - 5 years, $7.5m

Colton Parayko is an RFA, signed from the Edmonton Oilers. @SidneyRaymond has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, comes out to a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in 2018. With Vegas not having a 3rd round pick of their own, they will substitute Columbus' 3rd round pick in its stead.

6 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

595625f498a44_PuckMain.jpg.e96598216c9cd8a33fb4d62d11930dc7.jpg

On behalf of @Captain Azzy, the Vegas Golden Knights are proud to announce the signing of:

Colton Parayko - 5 years, $7.5m

Colton Parayko is an RFA, signed from the Edmonton Oilers. @SidneyRaymond has seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, comes out to a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in 2018. With Vegas not having a 3rd round pick of their own, they will substitute Columbus' 3rd round pick in its stead.

Holy jumpin... that's HUUUUUUUGE! 

I was contemplating it too but was thinking more like 4 years 6 mill AAV... was also contemplating leaving Johnson un-signed so I could pull the epic hand grenade quote but Pearson was too hard to pass on! 

@SidneyRaymond hoping your reaction is Burke'esque ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2013/09/memorable-brian-burke-quotes.html

Archived