The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[mafia] All the way up (Game on)

otherwise

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Because no role descriptions were handed out so I assumed we were going off the basic rules link, which otherwise's provides in the opening post.

Yeah but that shows all the roles.  How would you know that just a lackey is involved?

2 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Because no role descriptions were handed out so I assumed we were going off the basic rules link, which otherwise's provides in the opening post.

Your post suggested you knew for a fact that there are a kingpin and lackey in the game. Why would you think those roles are certainly in the game and not the town roles listed in that link.

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Your post suggested you knew for a fact that there are a kingpin and lackey in the game. Why would you think those roles are certainly in the game and not the town roles listed in that link.

Nvm all this. I just realized you were only asking about mafia special roles. 

That definitely doesn't look as bad now.

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

What? I never said that. 

Otherwise never posted a list of roles in the game, only a link for the basic rules. I'm basing my game off the basic rules instructions until more insight is said or provided. Therefore, I'm assuming and going in with the mindset that there is a combination of sheriff, the doc, the vig, the twinblade, watcher, tracker, roleblocker, etc.

What I DON'T know, and what I was asking, was how many mafia are in play, and what their capable roles are. I don't know if there is 1, 2, 4, 6, are whatever number of mafia are in the game. I don't think anybody does. That's fine, but it makes it even tougher for TP when the roles of the mafia are not revealed. For all I know, there could be a Kingpin, a Ninja, an Anesthesiologist, and a Stripper on the mafia team. Like I said, it goes Kingpin, Lackey, then other in the basic rules. If we are playing by the basic rules, then it would be fair to assume that a Lackey and a Kingpin are going to be in this game. 

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

What? I never said that. 

Otherwise never posted a list of roles in the game, only a link for the basic rules. I'm basing my game off the basic rules instructions until more insight is said or provided. Therefore, I'm assuming and going in with the mindset that there is a combination of sheriff, the doc, the vig, the twinblade, watcher, tracker, roleblocker, etc.

What I DON'T know, and what I was asking, was how many mafia are in play, and what their capable roles are. I don't know if there is 1, 2, 4, 6, are whatever number of mafia are in the game. I don't think anybody does. That's fine, but it makes it even tougher for TP when the roles of the mafia are not revealed. For all I know, there could be a Kingpin, a Ninja, an Anesthesiologist, and a Stripper on the mafia team. Like I said, it goes Kingpin, Lackey, then other in the basic rules. If we are playing by the basic rules, then it would be fair to assume that a Lackey and a Kingpin are going to be in this game. 

How it typically works is that we usually choose only a handful from those roles listed.

KP is pretty common and only once have I seen a lackey used.  For town, its usually the Vig, a sheriff/multiple personality sheriffs, and a doc.

I think the way you worded it was what threw us off.

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

How it typically works is that we usually choose only a handful from those roles listed.

KP is pretty common and only once have I seen a lackey used.  For town, its usually the Vig, a sheriff/multiple personality sheriffs, and a doc.

I think the way you worded it was what threw us off.

Fair enough.

Archived