Center

Born Mar 25 1994 -- Markham, ONT

Height 6'2" -- Weight 215 -- Shoots L

Regular Season					Playoffs

Season	Team			Lge	GP	G	A	Pts	PIM	+/-	GP	G	A	Pts	PIM

2009-10	Markham Waxers		OJHL	1	0	0	0	0	-2					

2010-11	Belleville Bulls	OHL	65	11	25	36	40	-31	4	0	0	0	4

2011-12	Belleville Bulls	OHL	68	28	40	68	68	4	6	1	2	3	2

Was he really minus-31 just two seasons ago? Damn, does anybody know how he has been playing as of late?? Last season it looks like he definitely did step it up though, hopefully we don't see none of that sloppy defensive play when he gets moved up to the AHL. :blink: Especially if he's projected to start out as our grinding 3rd line center.

Edited by Kesler's Nose

Was he really minus-31 just two seasons ago? Damn, does anybody know how he has been playing as of late?? Last season it looks like he definitely did step it up though, hopefully we don't see none of that sloppy defensive play when he gets moved up to the AHL. :blink: Especially if he's projected to start out as our grinding 3rd line center.

If you think Gaunce is sloppy defensively, you don't know anything about him as a player. He's projected to be a great shutdown centre at the NHL level.

• Upvote 1

If you think Gaunce is sloppy defensively, you don't know anything about him as a player. He's projected to be a great shutdown centre at the NHL level.

There's no way you can go minus-31 and not be sloppy defensively buddy. I asked a simple question on how he has been playing as of late, which obviously means that I don't know anything about him as a player aside from the stats. lol Read between the lines and not just bits and pieces..

There's no way you can go minus-31 and not be sloppy defensively buddy. I asked a simple question on how he has been playing as of late, which obviously means that I don't know anything about him as a player aside from the stats. lol Read between the lines and not just bits and pieces..

A 16 year old player breaking into the league isn't expected to be a top shut-down player. I think that definitely shows just how bad Belleville was before this season.

• Upvote 1

I think you should read the lines before you try to ask others to read between them.

If Gaunce were a better skater, he would be considered top-6 material. As it stands, his attention to the defensive side of the game and ability on face-offs makes him a definite candidate for role as a third-line checking center. Gaunce has the size to battle with most players but doesn't always have the speed to keep up. But he'll pay attention to the defensive zone and win most of the puck battles along the boards, making him a potentially valuable player when a team is looking to preserve a lead.

Brendan Gaunce continues to endear himself to Canucks management and fans alike. In early October, he suffered a second degree shoulder separation. Despite the setback, his development is still on track, with the exact same point-per-game pace as last year and a better plus-minus rating. Considering that he had 18 points through his first 26 games, his 27 goals, 25 assists for 52 points in 53 games is quite remarkable. The two-way center sits first on the Belleville Bulls in goals, second for points, and his defensive game has been sound as well. He continues to win faceoffs and many battles for the puck along the boards, getting used in just about any situation imaginable. Listed at 6’2, 215 pounds, the 19-year-old has NHL size, and at this point, it would take a substantial turn of events to derail his eventual development into an NHL pivot. He has continually been improving his skating as well, which was the only factor preventing him from being selected higher in the 2012 NHL Draft.

Brendan Gaunce was the club's first pick in the 2012 entry draft, and the Canucks were ecstatic that the Belleville Bull was available at the 26th pick. The reason they were so thrilled to land Gaunce is because of the great two-way play he exhibits. Though Belleville was the third lowest-scoring team through their first eleven games, they managed a 7-3-1 start to the season, largely due to their 94-percent penalty kill efficiency. Gaunce factored in heavily as a top shutdown option, winning crucial draws and battles along the boards for loose pucks.

Quotes taken from http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brendan_gaunce/

Brendan Gaunce is one of their top offensive players, on a defensive team, from a player who plays a solid 2 way game. He is currently 2nd in team scoring 2 points behind Camorosa but who played 8 games more and 2 years older. At 26 overall this is a steal of a pick if you ask me.

Anyone thinking we should draft Subban with maybe with our 2nd pick.

Brendan Gaunce is one of their top offensive players, on a defensive team, from a player who plays a solid 2 way game. He is currently 2nd in team scoring 2 points behind Camorosa but who played 8 games more and 2 years older. At 26 overall this is a steal of a pick if you ask me.

He's 5"9... look at ryan ellis. You could say that Ellis was twice the player Subban is in the CHL... and Ellis's game hasn't been able to take off at the NHL level. Gillis keep drafting 6"1++++

Gaunce sits 14 pts and 10 pts behind Graovac and Quine respectively, both 3rd round picks. I know both played on other teams but you can see they are scoring at equal ppg on the Bulls. Funny enough their drafted by Ottawa and Detroit, ,man those teams have great drafting. Graovac is 6-3 203 as well, NHL size and talent out of the 3rd round.

Gaunce will peak at a good 3rd line center, I really don't see the offensive capabilties to be much more than than at an NHL level.

Edited by Ihatetomatoes