The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

"Thats horse $&!# an you know it". call some when else out who cares about your base attitude .When are you gonna call the experiment off after 9 games?.There appears to be a problem an its not you or I.an I think that WD is part of it an is to conservative to try right out at home games to steal a game with young guys shortening the bench for vets an gassing them resulting in losing leads is par .for the way he coaches.So right now it is a depth issue an the team seems to be struggling with lack of successful depth.rolling 3 lines down the third period makes for a painfully long year ,scoring is gonna be outstanding issue . I presumed that some scoring issues might be mitigated with the young guns but if they dont get to play an grow its a moot point.So it would be better to add some of the seasoned vets that are in the AHL system that can play 2-1 games an nurse leads WD style. An let the first line run after all it is still their team too.

A differing point of views only can confirm the contrast in aproach an ideoligy so its ok with me to send them back now an not let any more momentum slip away from this team . We have the velvet glove in WD an had iron fist in Tortorala maybe the velvet glove has yet to convey the message well enough to be understood by all the players not just young guns.

this sounds like the same complaint against Torts - playing too few guys too many minutes.

We really are spoiled this year. All things being equal  so what if WD doesn't like Virt and McCann both may not survive their 9 games.. We've got other young guns that can step in and help our team in Shink/Gaunce and Grenier. ie. to bring speed checking and scoring. Add Cracknell and I think were ok. (maybe a Pedan showcase even?)

Were WD proof Lol. cause he's still cutting his teeth in the pros.

Plus we just need to make the playoffs and takes our chances there. 

A moment of silence for the return of the 2nd round pick.

• Upvote 1

The thing with WD is I think he wants defense first so Gaunce fits the bill there but he also can garner some net front presence as well. We need to roll four lines so we need young guys the coach trusts.

what about Shink if it's a top six spot, and Guance if it's a bottom six spot?

Thanks for posting that.  

That being said it looks like they filmed that with a toaster, lmfao.

Gaunce deserved to make the team to start the season but it made sense to send him down.  I knew he'd be the first call-up, so I'm glad he's got his chance now.

Good luck to Gauncer!

Edited by Jai604

This guys a natural leader. I still remember the video of him pushing Tryamkin up the grouse grind.

Gaunce is also a natural at scoring garbage goals. He feasts off them. Which is great because those are the majority of goals that are scored in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

This guys a natural leader. I still remember the video of him pushing Tryamkin up the grouse grind.

Gaunce is also a natural at scoring garbage goals. He feasts off them. Which is great because those are the majority of goals that are scored in the playoffs.

Yeah I've noticed how our some our first round picks are so mature. Horvat, Gaunce and Boeser all seem like leaders. Captain material. Love it. Virtanen and Shink provide the energy. McCann could be the cocky one lol. 

Yeah I've noticed how our some our first round picks are so mature. Horvat, Gaunce and Boeser all seem like leaders. Captain material. Love it. Virtanen and Shink provide the energy. McCann could be the cocky one lol. 

You mean "the new Kesler";)

I don't see McCann as cocky so much as confident in his abilities. I can't picture him chirping or taunting the crowd like Kesler does. But you never know.

He's a competitor. The fact that he was mad about where he was drafted says alot. Some players just want to make the NHL, others want to be among the best in the NHL. Hopefully he strives to be the best.