The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

steve simmons@simmonssteve 8m

Big trade in OHL tonight. Former Canucks 1st round pick Brendan Gaunce and a draft pick to the Erie Otters for Stephen Harper and 4 picks.

They traded Gaunce for Prime Minister Harper?

steve simmons@simmonssteve 6m

Gaunce was OHL captain vs. Russians. Erie loading up for playoff run early. #mcdavid #connorbrown #oscardansk

Former?

I know he was playing with McDavid and Brown during the super series so do you guys think he plays on the mcdavid-brown line or does Erie need a second line center or LW

maybe they liked what they saw with him and that line... either way this is gonna give him a huge boost in point production

Edited by I♥Huberdeau

This is great news!

Not only does he get to play with one of the best young players in the world, he has a serious shot at a memorial cup.

We've got 4 prospects with awesome chances to win the memorial cup now. Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, and Cederholm are all on great junior teams that should do some damage this season.

• Upvote 2

My guess is Gaunce plays #2 center behind McDavid because Gaunce can carry a line on his own and doesn't need McDavid to produce points (proven as he has been the go-to guy on his team). Spreading the offensive depth around is wise since if teams focus on McDavid, Gaunce will make them pay, and if they pay attention to Gaunce, McDavid will make them pay. Then, Erie loads up the 1st unit PP by putting Gaunce on McDavid's wing with Brown. This is going to be huge for Gaunce's development for a number of reasons.

1. He is now on a contending team - championships are great for development.

2. He is no longer has the pressure of doing everything by himself.

3. He is being groomed for a role he is projected to fill in the NHL - the #2 guy that will shut down the opposing team's best players while putting up points. Gaunce is to McDavid what Kesler is to Henrik Sedin.

4. He will get PP time with one of the best prospects coming up in McDavid and this should help his offensive game come along.

with mcdavid and dane fox (both in top 5 scoring) as the first and second line centers it looks lke guance will play the wing. since he already played wing on a line with mcdavid and brown im guessing thats where hell play. either way great opportunity for guance, his point totals are gonnna sky rocket. and its always good for a players development to be in winning positive environment

Edited by Southpop45

Going to see Erie Friday night. This is a nice addition to that game. I still think Guance's potential is on wing and that is where Erie will play him. When Bellville upgraded last year for their run Guance moved to the wing and really took off.

LOL Sutter this guy... Did Gaunce bang his daughter and not call back or something?

I don't know. It seems to me he's being unnecessarily harsh on one player. Or did he bash some other WJC hopeful prospects as well?

• Upvote 3