The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Forget quoting you on it, I want to see you make a youtube video saying you're a retard and know nothing about junior hockey if you're wrong. Up the stakes and we'll see if you stand behind an assertion as dumb as that one. World Juniors, another go of the Memorial Cup on a dominant team, a chance to prove he has more offense than he's been given credit for and possibly as the captain of the Knights. It's never happening that he makes our roster.

He might get a few call ups to supplement all that Junior success and give him new goals. Jensen's choice to go oversees was to do with not getting buried on a roster because of how many NHLers were stuck in the AHL.

Wait till opening night bucko. We'll see who's the retard then. Also he can't be called up from jr's and Jensen couldn't play in the AHL, man your smart eh.

Wait till opening night bucko. We'll see who's the retard then. Also he can't be called up from jr's and Jensen couldn't play in the AHL, man your smart eh.

Bullseye.

Because Jensen wasn't 20 and was drafted out of the CHL, the agreement in place with both leagues is he's not eligible for AHL til he's 20.

Also,to further your point, teams can not recall junior players during the season unless it's an emergency basis, insane number of injuries to the roster. He would be eligible to play up to 9 nhl games to start the season or join either the nhl or AHL affiliate at the end of his CHL season.

Regarding the dispute you two are having, I could see Horvat making the team. In my scenario of Horvat making the team, Gaunce will get sent back to junior imo. I don't see how the Canucks would load up on Gaunce, Horvat and Schroeder. It'll be Schroeder and Horvat or Gaunce the make the team.

Edited by Phamda

:lol:

Amusing lecture when it never occurred to you that Horvat could play a few games at the tail end of the season after the OHL playoffs. Or that Jensen would still feel the effects of a lockout shoving everyone down a league with Juniors being flooded just like the AHL and ECHL.

Yup, your frantic leaping to conclusions when there is a perfectly reasonable answer is sure making me look bad. Not bright kid. Just like your Horvat predictions.

Edited by SamJamIam

Amusing lecture when it never occurred to you that Horvat could play a few games at the tail end of the season after the OHL playoffs. Or that Jensen would still feel the effects of a lockout shoving everyone down a league with Juniors being flooded just like the AHL and ECHL.

Yup, your frantic leaping to conclusions when there is a perfectly reasonable answer is sure making me look bad. Not bright kid. Just like your Horvat predictions.

Actually I did know that, but you said "a few callups". It doesn't really matter because he wasn't 20 so he couldnt play in the AHL.. It was either Jr's or the SEL.

• Upvote 1

Dude, give it a rest. Your post implied he could be called up multiple times and that Jensen wouldn't have gotten ice time in the AHL considering all the NHL talent playing there. The OHL can have overagers but that never would have affected Jensen as he was already one of the top players on the Generals and there never would have been enough to impact the roster since there's a limit of 3 on a roster.

Dude, give it a rest. Your post implied he could be called up multiple times

Dude, stop assuming. You talk like Horvat playing on the Canucks would be an all or nothing affair. He's not our only prospect and we only have so many roster spots. I expect Horvat will get a couple of games after his season with the Knights. Other prospects will do the same and we'll have something of a revolving door.

...and that Jensen wouldn't have gotten ice time in the AHL considering all the NHL talent playing there. The OHL can have overagers but that never would have affected Jensen as he was already one of the top players on the Generals and there never would have been enough to impact the roster since there's a limit of 3 on a roster.

Not quite. I thought he'd be stuck under Christian Thomas again and didn't realize Thomas was born in 92 not 93.

Dude, stop assuming. You talk like Horvat playing on the Canucks would be an all or nothing affair. He's not our only prospect and we only have so many roster spots. I expect Horvat will get a couple of games after his season with the Knights. Other prospects will do the same and we'll have something of a revolving door.

Not quite. I thought he'd be stuck under Christian Thomas again and didn't realize Thomas was born in 92 not 93.

I'm not assuming anything. I said nothing about whether or not that's what you intended, or even anything about if I agree with either one of you (who's assuming now?), only that your post reads that way for me and other posters. That is a fact based on the multiple posters that replied thinking the same thing.

Dude, give it a rest. Your post implied he could be called up multiple times and that Jensen wouldn't have gotten ice time in the AHL considering all the NHL talent playing there. The OHL can have overagers but that never would have affected Jensen as he was already one of the top players on the Generals and there never would have been enough to impact the roster since there's a limit of 3 on a roster.

I'm not assuming anything. I said nothing about whether or not that's what you intended, or even anything about if I agree with either one of you (who's assuming now?), only that your post reads that way for me and other posters. That is a fact based on the multiple posters that replied thinking the same thing.

Bo KNOWS!

I don't see how the Canucks would load up on Gaunce, Horvat and Schroeder. It'll be Schroeder and Horvat or Gaunce the make the team.

I concur. It will be Schroeder + one of the other two, not both IMO. Also, as I said earlier, I think Bo would have to be noticeably better than Guance to bump him. But that's more a guess/gut feeling than anything. I think they'd let him dominate Jr. for a year, go to the WJC etc if him and Gaunce are comparable. It will give him an even better foundation for next year to come in and make the leap IMO.

Is samjamiam the one that said he has the utmost confidence Luongo was being traded to Toronto?

Damn, if I made such a claim and was wrong I would of been so embarrassed to start an argument with anyone ever again.

But that's just me....

(Insert jump to conclusions picture here)

• Upvote 2

Is samjamiam the one that said he has the utmost confidence Luongo was being traded to Toronto?

Damn, if I made such a claim and was wrong I would of been so embarrassed to start an argument with anyone ever again.

But that's just me....

Different guy.

But that's just me....

My name is a joke because I had a source that was wrong at trade deadline. samjam99 is a different guy.