The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

make sure you guys watch Quest for the Cup on Sportsnet 360 at 9, or 6 your time?

There are replays during the week as well.

Tyson Giuriato ‏@TysonGiuriato

#Canucks prospects Bo Horvat, Miles Liberati and their @GoLondonKnights will be featured on the @Questfor_theCup documentary this season.

The show airs on Sportsnet. First episode was tonight but not much in terms of the #Canucks prospects, as it focused on Rookie Camp.

didnt see this posted anywhere but here is the schedule for the london knights quest for the cup.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/quest-for-the-cup-premieres-sunday

they air on sportsnet360 and i dont think they are posted anywhere online so dont miss them.

replays of the first episode on

Friday, October 25th @ 11:00pm/ET

Saturday, October 26th @ 6:00pm/ET

Fans can also mark the following Sunday’s on their calendars as the launch dates for the remaining 7 episodes:

Episode #2 – Sunday, November 10, 2013

Episode #3 – Sunday, December 15, 2013

Episode #4 – Sunday, January 19, 2014

Episode #5 – Sunday, February 9, 2014

Episode #6 – Sunday, March 9, 2014

Episode #7 – Sunday, April 6, 2014

Episode #8 – Sunday, May 4, 2014

should be great to see a 24-7 style documentary on the knights and horvat. will be a must PVR for most i think since it clashes with sunday night football.

I would guess the Knights are waiting to see if they get Maata back before they make their decision on captain.

I think there's a good chance he stays with the Pens, so Horvat should be right in the mix for captain.

Horvat is the Captain already,without the C. You can tell by his presence

Horvat and Shinkaruk will be our Toews and Kane and lead us to the promised land.

I thought Hodgson and Schroeder were supposed to be our Toews and Kane. Or was it Gaunce and Schroeder?

People nee to stop making this comparison. There's only one Toews and Kane.

• Upvote 1

Someone reliable who i was talking to was saying that apparently Torts made a big push to have Horvat on the opening day roster, but management wanted to keep their asset safe. They're being very careful with Bo.

He could have made the team. I think his defensive awareness alone was NHL ready, and that could have made him a quality 3rd or 4th line player.

That's not what they drafted him for though. They want him develop both aspects of his game, not just the defensive side. Sending him back to junior will allow him to work on his offense, which I think has another level to it.

He would have also been passing up on too many great experiences by not going back. Potential captain on a team that has a spot locked for the memorial cup, and playing for Canada in the world juniors and possibly winning a gold medal. Those are things that help develop players from being good to great. If you look at alot of the top players in the league, the majority of them had world junior experience and some of the truly elite had memorial cup experience.

He could have made the team. I think his defensive awareness alone was NHL ready, and that could have made him a quality 3rd or 4th line player.

That's not what they drafted him for though. They want him develop both aspects of his game, not just the defensive side. Sending him back to junior will allow him to work on his offense, which I think has another level to it.

He would have also been passing up on too many great experiences by not going back. Potential captain on a team that has a spot locked for the memorial cup, and playing for Canada in the world juniors and possibly winning a gold medal. Those are things that help develop players from being good to great. If you look at alot of the top players in the league, the majority of them had world junior experience and some of the truly elite had memorial cup experience.

winning breeds winning

Horvat is the Captain already,without the C. You can tell by his presence

Sure, you don't need a letter to be a leader, but he still needs to wait on Maatta's status to be considered a candidate for the "C".

I thought Hodgson and Schroeder were supposed to be our Toews and Kane. Or was it Gaunce and Schroeder?

People nee to stop making this comparison. There's only one Toews and Kane.

LOL I believe:

Hodgson + Schroeder = Toews + Kane 2.0 (Canadian center + small American winger)

Jensen + Gaunce + Kassian = W.C.E. 2.0 (European sniper + Canadian 2-way center + Canadian PF)

Shinkaruk + Horvat = Perry + Getzlaf 2.0:

1. Both drafted in the 1st round of a deep draft (2003, 2013) where the center (Getzlaf, Horvat) taken first then the winger (Perry, Shinkaruk) taken afterwards
  2. One drafted from WHL (Getzlaf, Shinkaruk) and the other from OHL (Perry, Horvat)
  3. One of the two are a London Knight with OHL championship under his belt (Perry, Horvat) and if Horvat wins Memorial Cup, he'll have the same CHL accomplishments as Perry
  4. Getzlaf and Perry won WJC Gold together - Horvat and Shinkaruk are hopefuls
  5. Getzlaf and Perry entered the NHL together - Horvat and Shinkaruk are hopefuls

LOL I'm just kidding. These comparisons are silly and you can make any duo look like another if you do enough research. Horvat and Shinkaruk are going to be beauts and they'll do it their own way like you said.

• Upvote 1

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=688262

Maatta to stay with Penguins for remainder of season

Thursday, 10.24.2013 / 10:16 AM / News

NHL.com

The Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday announced defenseman Olli Maatta would be remaining with the team for the remainder of the season.

Maatta, 19, has a goal and two assists in nine games while averaging 15:03 of ice time per game.

"Based on his play, we believe this is the best decision for Olli and the Penguins," Pittsburgh general manager Ray Shero said.

Taken by the Penguins with the 22nd pick of the 2012 NHL Draft, Pittsburgh had to decide prior to Maatta playing his 10th game -- which will be Friday against the New York Islanders -- whether to keep him in the NHL or return him to his junior team, the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League and delay by one season the start of his three-year, entry-level contract. Due to his age and the fact that he was drafted from a Canadian Hockey League team, Maatta is ineligible to play in the American Hockey League.

Maatta still can be returned to London after he plays his 10th game, but the Penguins would not be able to recall him and it still would count as one season off his contract.

Hopefully Horvat gets the C now?

Edited by suitup