The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Plus a player projected to go in the 1st round in next years draft. Mitch Marner

Interesting. What range is he projected to go in at this point and what kind of a player is he?

If we make the playoffs as an 8th seed, would he be worth taking around 15-18 or is he more of a 20-30?

Interesting. What range is he projected to go in at this point and what kind of a player is he?

If we make the playoffs as an 8th seed, would he be worth taking around 15-18 or is he more of a 20-30?

FWIW, Craig Button has Marner at #8 in his October rankings and...

ISS has him at #8 as well and...

Bob Mckenzie has him at #9.

He's a small (5'11 , 155lbs.), right-shot C/RW with a very, very high skill level. Bob Mckenzie said in his preliminary rankings that Marner possesses Patrick Kane-esque qualities.

Whoa. Didn't know he was rated that high.

With all the big names this year, is it not perceivable he drops to the 10-20 range?

Is he #8/9, including European players?

Whoa. Didn't know he was rated that high.

With all the big names this year, is it not perceivable he drops to the 10-20 range?

Is he #8/9, including European players?

He's had a pretty slow start, 5 points in 8 games, so I think he will drop.

Looking at the ISS rankings Strome, Svechnikov, Konecny, Zacha, Harkins, and J.Roy are ranked below him. They should be ranked above him though imo. Plus they're is also the American players i know nothing about who could be above him by now as well.

He's had a pretty slow start, 5 points in 8 games, so I think he will drop.

Looking at the ISS rankings Strome, Svechnikov, Konecny, Zacha, Harkins, and J.Roy are ranked below him. They should be ranked above him though imo. Plus they're is also the American players i know nothing about who could be above him by now as well.

Konecny is off to a real rough start as well after being named OHL rookie of the year last year. 1G , 3A (4PTS) in 7 games. He's a small guy to begin with (5'9") so he's gonna have to really get going to keep up in rankings.

Could horvat be the next Toews :frantic::frantic::towel::towel:

Absolutely not, but he could definitely be the next Ryan O'Reilly. I think because of the lack of his showing of offensive prowness people are writing off Horvat. He's trying to establish himself as an NHL regular and the easiest way for him to do that is to be responsible defensively. It will take him a few years to show his offensive potential, but in his prime he will definitely be a key cog to this Canuck team, no doubt about it. ATM he knows that what will get him on this team is his defensive awareness so that is what he will be focusing on. IMO, if we give him the chance he will make the team and move his way up the lineup as the season progresses and establish himself as a formidable 3c option by the end of the year. It will be years until we see his offensive upside on a day to day basis.

Edited by Robongo
  • Upvote 1