The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

i agree with you Matthias analysis. I've had high hopes for him this season but he's me unimpressive for the first 4 games. I know its early but if bo impresses on his stint with utica i think the spot is his.

But good post CS

+1 BROTHA

Too early to pass judgement. I would keep Matthias in the lineup and get Hansen out. Hansen has topped out. Hovart has size and skill and an up side of improvement.

Matthias still has youth and I think the coaching staff still needs time with this guy. They haven't even played 10 games yet.

^^ Gooseberries

Thanx!

Put it this way. If Kesler were here, would Hank have been playing head to head with Stamkos?

Not that Horvat would / should right away either. But its a hole in our current line up. And Horvat appears better suited to it than Mathias.

Edited by Canuck Surfer

^^ Gooseberries

Thanx!

Put it this way. If Kesler were here, would Hank have been playing head to head with Stamkos?

Not that Horvat would / should right away either. But its a hole in our current line up. And Horvat appears better suited to it than Mathias.

and thats another good point because hank played like poo in his own end against that top line. Edited by Gooseberries

and thats another good point because hank played like poo in his own end against that top line.

this is a testament to the Garrison for Berglund trade imo.

berglund is probably the best face-off guy in the nhl, and benning knew before the season started we were going to need the faceoffs and the shut-down ability. sucks that garrison vetoed it.

I hope Horvat just shows the tenacity in his short stint with Utica. It's usually what gets the most appreciation from their fans, and often does lead to some success on the scoresheet. Last year the loved Lain because he brought it every night; this season Gaunce has provided that and has been rewarded with the points to go along with it.

Sorry, no he doesn't belong there. It is a conditioning stint as well as a managment decision to allow us to keep Horvat around longer and then use him when a forward get's injured in 1 to 6 games from now.

He will be back with the team by 2 weeks time and then he will get at least 4 or 5 games on the active roster to prove himself and prove you wrong.

Why do people keep saying this? Use him 'when a forward gets injured x games from now"?

What are you Nostradamus? Someone is getting hurt? LOL

ok who, tell us?

what kind of logic is that....

berglund is probably the best face-off guy in the nhl, and benning knew before the season started we were going to need the faceoffs and the shut-down ability. sucks that garrison vetoed it.

I hope Horvat just shows the tenacity in his short stint with Utica. It's usually what gets the most appreciation from their fans, and often does lead to some success on the scoresheet. Last year the loved Lain because he brought it every night; this season Gaunce has provided that and has been rewarded with the points to go along with it.

I feel impoverished. I had not heard rumours that Garrison veto'd a move to St Louis for Berglund. Is that what it was?

That guy is HUGE! And plays just as big. Would have been a great move IMO.

We pretty much gave Garrison fair market value minus a small hometown discount, and yet Gillis still felt it was necessary to give him a NTC :picard:

Something tells me we'll be feeling the after effects of Gillis ineptness for years to come.

We pretty much gave Garrison fair market value minus a small hometown discount, and yet Gillis still felt it was necessary to give him a NTC :picard:

Something tells me we'll be feeling the after effects of Gillis ineptness for years to come.

Only five guys that Gillis gave NTC's to are justified imo - Sedins, Kesler, Hamhuis, and Edler.

At the time, they were our three best forwards and two best defensemen.

The third liners and second pair guys that we gave NTC's to - that makes absolutely no sense as they were replaceable at the time, and would be to this date. Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, Bieksa and Garrison.. wtf?

This is best case scenario with Horvat, this couldn't have been a better situation.

I'm kind of amazed how perfectly the timing of this was.

We'll see how his time in the A goes, but the fact that we can even send him there as a 19 year old because of a clause in the CBA is pretty sweet.

Now hopefully instead of having to hit the ground running, he can start off with a light jog first.

Tampa Bay also sent Jonathan Drouin down to Syracuse for a two week conditioning assignment and called him back up today after skating two games with the Crunch this weekend. In two games he had one goal (a game winner), two assists and a plus four. The kid looked fantastic.

Much like Horvat, Drouin was hurt in preseason allowing him to be sent to the AHL on a rehab as a 19 year old.

Well, don't expect Horvat to do things for you guys that Drouin did :P

Just a solid two-way game hopefully and maybe a point or two would be nice in a couple games.

I have to correct you, if you read my post I stated only at the end of a back to back did Jensen get moved up. He's largely been on the 3rd line with Friesen, Kenins, Archibald. Shinkaruk has been on the top 3 for the most part, hard to imagine him in a role outside the top 6 though. My point being, that Green has his guys, AHL guys that will be there for the entire year that aren't going to be displaced by a two week rookie. Top 6 locks include: O'Reilly, Defazio, Jeffery, and Grenier. I highly doubt Jeffery or O'Reilly get displaced at C by Horvat. Therefore, Derp's assessment of 3C isn't inaccurate.

I wasn't responding to you. And even if Jensen plays on the 3rd line my point still stands. Jensen is not on the 3rd line in the AHL because he is being groomed to play a 3rd line role in the NHL - Jensen is on the 3rd line because he is pointless in 4 games. Had he been producing, he would have forced his way up into the top 6.

If you read my post, it's not about where Jensen or Shinkaruk are playing, but about what line you want your prospects to play in the minors. Even if there is only room for them on the bottom 6, you want them to play as much as they can (earn at the AHL level) so that they gain experience and improve.

If Horvat shows what he's got and plays better than O'Reilly or Jeffrey, Green wouldn't care how long he's staying - he'd put him in the top 6. And to be honest, if Horvat wants to make the Canucks, he should be able to outperform those guys IMO.