The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Define "alot more".

Somehow I doubt he could have gone to a contender for more than 5.

He wanted to be here, so he took a discount. A NTC was not necessary.

St.Louis offered more.

A NTC probably was necessary to get the price down, because he's from here, so he wanted to stay here a long time, the NTC would insure that he had the opportunity to stay here as long as he wanted to.

That was probably something he wanted in the deal.

St.Louis offered more.

A NTC probably was necessary to get the price down, because he's from here, so he wanted to stay here a long time, the NTC would insure that he had the opportunity to stay here as long as he wanted to.

That was probably something he wanted in the deal.

No proof of what St.Louis offered, but either way it's foolish to overpay for one big season.

6 years for a D-man who had barely proven anything should have been more than enough to keep a no trade clause out of it. His agent was likely playing hardball, and he clearly won.

Gillis and his desperation forced him into a bad deal, there's no denying that.

No proof of what St.Louis offered, but either way it's foolish to overpay for one big season.

6 years for a D-man who had barely proven anything should have been more than enough to keep a no trade clause out of it. His agent was likely playing hardball, and he clearly won.

I'd say the market dictated what Garrison got more than anything. Free agents get overpaid all the time. The NTC was bad, but the contract itself really doesn't seem that bad otherwise given how most free agent signings seem to play out.

I'd say the market dictated what Garrison got more than anything. Free agents get overpaid all the time. The NTC was bad, but the contract itself really doesn't seem that bad otherwise given how most free agent signings seem to play out.

We're just lucky Garrison was good enough to waive to help the team out.

He could have easily refused and then it's no Vrbata and Miller. It's one or the other.

i'm glad he is well over 200 pounds the Canucks need heavier players and not just taller ones. Especially in the west you need that size.

On average the Canucks are the 7th tallest team in the league but the 3rd lightest!!!

That needs to change as the majority of the teams in the west are heavy especially in the pacific division and St. Louis.

Also the Canucks are the second oldest team in the league to only the ancient New Jersey Devils.

This has to change if the Canucks are to become legit contenders again and not just a bubble playoff team like they are now.

http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2014/10/2014-15-nhl-teams-by-height-weight-and.html

Edited by Chip Kelly

Getting a bit off topic here, so all I'll say it was never a bad contract, but like with every good player that leaves the Canucks, there contract situation gets overblown, and there playing ability becomes underrated, they go from great to garbage.

On topic: Hopefully Horvat gets good opportunity in the AHL, he needs to play and knock the rust off, so when he comes up he's ready to show what he can do.

Hopefully he comes back up to the NHL and is right where he left off before the injury, we could really use his faceoff ability right now.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

does anyone have the current rules as per conditioning stint/

How long or how many games until he is back?

do these count toward his 9 games?

thanks

He gets up to 2 weeks and no it doesn't count towards his 9 games.

I think he will most likely be called up after a week from the sounds of things.

does anyone have the current rules as per conditioning stint/

How long or how many games until he is back?

do these count toward his 9 games?

thanks

maximum length is 2 weeks, not based on how many games. The comets play 6 games in that time so hopefully he plays all 6. Counting towrds his 9 games is a good question. To me, only NHL games would count because of the CHL/NHL agreement. But this is a fairly unique situation.