The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

Him playing this weekend will depend on the health of Andersson and Pedan I think. If both of them miss time, the Comets defense is only 7 deep.

Biega, Sanguinetti, Huskins, Earhardt, Negrin, Blain, Hutton.

But when healthy, and if Hutton is ready to play in the A, D pairings could look like this:

Andersson-Sanguinetti

Huskins-Pedan

Hutton-Biega

Looks good to me! :)

Corrado's been bumped down to get some game time as well, so look for him to fill in.

^^ they already have Stanton and Clendenning sitting out as is. Corrado wasn't going to get playing time with the Canucks

Edit: In addition there is only 11 games left.. 3/4 call ups is ample for that amount of games remaining.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

^^ they already have Stanton and Clendenning sitting out as is. Corrado wasn't going to get playing time with the Canucks

Edit: In addition there is only 11 games left.. 3/4 call ups is ample for that amount of games remaining.

We've used 3 of those 4 call ups in bringing Kenins, Clendening, and Corrado back up after the paper deals to send them down at the trade deadline so that they'd be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Benning said so in the post trade deadline press conference.

We've used 3 of those 4 call ups in bringing Kenins, Clendening, and Corrado back up after the paper deals to send them down at the trade deadline so that they'd be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Benning said so in the post trade deadline press conference.

I was under the impression that we had 4 following the trade deadline. Could be wrong...

Either way 1 call up left shouldn't really be an issue with the amount of healthy bodies we have back now.

I believe the 4 call up rule is until the end of the season. Once playoffs start there are an unlimited amount of call ups, but this has been diguised in depth on a couple of other threads so no point in beating a dead horse

Edited by Gstank29

I was under the impression that we had 4 following the trade deadline. Could be wrong...

Either way 1 call up left shouldn't really be an issue with the amount of healthy bodies we have back now.

We did, Markstrom, Kenins and Clendening were a part of the paper transactions then we called up Corrado shortly after. We can still call up more than 4 if we have injuries though.

Markstrom was an emergency call up

Don't believe that counts

It's possible that doesn't, but I'm not sure as he was an emergency call up prior to the paper transaction. Then again, he was sent down and Eriksson called up afterwards anyway.

Frankie has only played in a total of 31 games this year between Vancouver and Utica. With nine healthy defensemen in Vancouver right now the best thing for this 21 year old prospect is to be playing in Utica instead of sitting in the press box in Vancouver.

Exactly. Corrado needs to play. I was hoping Clendenning would go down too, get him some ice time in his last year in a non-waiver AHL situation. That would give the Comet's a helluva defense too!