The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Utica Comets Thread

18 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

He will still be exposed, but now there is less chance that he will be taken. But barring any trades, Sbisa seems much more likely to be taken in the ED, since he is more proven than Gaunce and Dmen currently have more value.

edler

6 hours ago, Borvat said:

A

Or is it great news?  If he is injured he may not be able to be exposed (or need to be protected) for the expansion draft.  I'm not 100% clear on the rules though.

The only time a player isn't exposed and isn't protected(because of injury), is if they have a career threatening injury or have missed seasons from their current injury. In both cases the NHL will decide if a individual player is expansion eligible/protectable. If they don't make a ruling, then they are apart of the ED. 

Examples being Clowe, Robidas, Clarkson, Horton.. etc. What will be interesting is how they rule on players like Bickel (MS) or Lupul (says he can play but team won't clear him to play). 

Gaunce will not fall under this category. 

5 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Comets need to win out don't they?

Big game against a tough Marlies team and then Rochester right after that. Going to need some solid performances. 

Winning out would guarantee a playoff spot but its not necessarily a must... Albany and St. John's play tomorrow so no matter what, one of them will lose. If its in regulation that'll open a huge door for the Comets as long as they can get two points of their own. The game Sunday vs St. John's is absolutely a must-win though.

28 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Utica should have reinforcements from the Nucks back for the final 3 games of the season. Hopefully they're still in the hunt by then.

Bachman is the only player coming back for sure and Goldobin is a possibility.  They are the only two that were papered down to the Comets on TDL day.  Meanwhile Albany and Syracuse will be getting a bunch of players back.  The Habs are in the playoffs so St John's won't be getting any additional help so the Ice Caps are the team that we have the best chance to pass.  

48 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Bachman is the only player coming back for sure and Goldobin is a possibility.  They are the only two that were papered down to the Comets on TDL day.  Meanwhile Albany and Syracuse will be getting a bunch of players back.  The Habs are in the playoffs so St John's won't be getting any additional help so the Ice Caps are the team that we have the best chance to pass.  

I didn't think about other teams in the division also getting players back. I was also thinking Gaunce but he's injured so no dice there.

As someone who has bitched all year that the talent in Utica isn't good enough, I am now looking to jump on the bandwagon and shamelessly pretend that I have been a believer all along. B)

Regards,

Not a bandwagon fan

5 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

I believe the Canucks can send Megna and Chaput down as well. They may have to clear waivers but I think they'll easily clear. They started the season there but called up way early due to injury woes. They can easily fit into the Comets top 6 and adds some much needed depth Utica has been needing all year long. Big clash vs the Marlies tonight! Hope they take care of business and one of St. John's and Albany lose in regulation tonight. Go Comets!

33 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I believe the Canucks can send Megna and Chaput down as well. They may have to clear waivers but I think they'll easily clear. They started the season there but called up way early due to injury woes. They can easily fit into the Comets top 6 and adds some much needed depth Utica has been needing all year long. Big clash vs the Marlies tonight! Hope they take care of business and one of St. John's and Albany lose in regulation tonight. Go Comets!

Megna and Chaput aren't eligible, any players on NHL contracts have to be on an AHL roster at the NHL trade deadline to be eligible for the playoffs there. So just Bachman, Goldobin and technically Gaunce (although he's injured) can be added to Utica in the postseason.

5 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Megna and Chaput aren't eligible, any players on NHL contracts have to be on an AHL roster at the NHL trade deadline to be eligible for the playoffs there. So just Bachman, Goldobin and technically Gaunce (although he's injured) can be added to Utica in the postseason.

Alright thanks for clearing things up. Wasn't sure if they'd be able to play for Utica. Would've added some extra depth though I doubt Green would've used them considering the lineup he has and wants to use

Archived