The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Utica Comets Thread

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Bo does something like that, invites Jake to the power skating courses he's taking. I'd advocate Henrik giving Bo the C. 

It's stuff like that Captain's are made of. 

That would indeed be something a truly great leader would do. 

But Henrik isn't some chump loser like Dustin Brown who you strip of the 'C' so he'll want to be traded away from your team (not that you're saying that).  Henrik stays 'C' until he no longer wears a Canucks Jersey IMO.  Bo's time will come.......when it does I don't think anyone has doubts he'll be great. 

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Bo does something like that, invites Jake to the power skating courses he's taking. I'd advocate Henrik giving Bo the C. 

It's stuff like that Captain's are made of. 

It's good, but not a reason to strip Henrik of the C. After all, wasn't it the Sedins who tried to do the same with Kassian? Edler took Stecher under his wing this last summer. Is it just whoever mentors a young guy gets the C, because we have plenty of people doing that.

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

That would indeed be something a truly great leader would do. 

But Henrik isn't some chump loser like Dustin Brown who you strip of the 'C' so he'll want to be traded away from your team (not that you're saying that).  Henrik stays 'C' until he no longer wears a Canucks Jersey IMO.  Bo's time will come.......when it does I don't think anyone has doubts he'll be great. 

Bingo.

But go Comets! Wins are the name of the game right now and they have to hope they get some help from the teams above them.

Just saw on Twitter, Ryan Biech and the Utica O-D account saying Corrado may have put that in his own net instead of Rendulic... couldn't really see it on the replay angle but when you rewatch it closely, Corrado looks pretty pissed about the goal. Might get changed to Subban's goal later.

Edit: Biech just posted a different angle which is a lot clearer. Subban and the Comets will take it.

The Comets lead 2-1 at the end of the second period, shots are 26-22 for Wilkes-Barre. The Penguins definitely had a bit of an edge in the second but the lead remains the same margin. Utica did well to respond on their own powerplay after WBS' PP goal, although they did get a bit lucky with Corrado putting it in his own net. Still, that's two goals created off of Subban's heavy point shot which is a weapon the Comets have to be taking advantage of consistently. However, I'd agree with @Beary Sweet that Billins has been the Comets' best defenseman; he made a fantastic effort to take away a sure goal by tying up a Penguin's stick with Demko not able to come across quick enough, and a gaping net behind him. Demko has been solid though, stopping 25 of 26 so far and doing well in his third game in three days.

Rochester leads Albany 2-1 early in the third and the Comets will hope that score holds.

Just now, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Sundqvist scores on the 6-on-4 to tie the game at 2... Kostopoulos with the pass behind the net to Sundqvist who one times it home. Looks like we're heading to overtime here.

Labate... Cmon man

Archived