The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

I stand by what I have previously stated about waiver announcements. Zero obfuscation is the best way, ergo single line post please. Not a slave to it though, CS's two line post would have done the trick, but it is very appreciated if its clear concise easy to read one liners with regards to waivers. That way no one can complain they missed it. Thank you.

Philly Players Available

Sitting in second last place is certainly not enjoyable. However, I knew what I was getting into when I took over the team.

With that said, the following players, who will be on deep playoff teams IRL, are OTB for futures and a serviceable substitute player:

Michael Grabner ($2.75M, expires 2017) - 77 pool points

Nick Holden ($2.75M, expires 2018) - 71 pool points

Nick Bonino ($4M, expires in 2019) - 25 pool points

Players who will not move: Conor Sheary, Brad Marchand, Shayne Gostisbehere, Matthew Tkachuk, Julius Honka, Nick Ellis, and all unsigned prospects.

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Player Movement:

Nashville has claimed the Bruins player Shane Harper from waivers effective morning of Nov 14th.

Well that was short lived. Thanks to Shane for his contribution (2 weeks or so). That is most certainly a short term record.

Sorry to see him go, wish him the best.

14 hours ago, greensman said:

Nothing wrong with CS's post

for the Postma to waivers part, I just use a header so it's more visible to the updaters  (activation: or waivers:) 

I agree with Captain Azzy and disagree with what you're enabling here.  There's a clear format to follow for a reason.

Most of us don't come in here and read every line of text.  There is business in here, there is hockey talk, personal chat, etc.

i like the rules as they are - business clearly identified in some way - waivers posted with a header - and in it's own post.  It's one thing to fudge the fact that it wasn't a in a post of it's own - but neither of those were the case and at the very least there should be a header, not, as Cap'n points out, a sentence with the word waivers buried in the middle of it, not even bolded.

9 hours ago, greensman said:

Mmm... freezer on top, or was she a bottom loader? 

I am starting to think the end of my marriage was when a brought a Black Stainless Steel Samsung Fridge with the bottom freezer and ice cubes and water and also CRUSHED ice in the door...home to our love nest. I love you sammsy, i know you love me too by the way you chirp and bing when i am pushing your buttons. 

58 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I am starting to think the end of my marriage was when a brought a Black Stainless Steel Samsung Fridge with the bottom freezer and ice cubes and water and also CRUSHED ice in the door...home to our love nest. I love you sammsy, i know you love me too by the way you chirp and bing when i am pushing your buttons. 

Thats what I`m talking about right there ;) Bottom loader/double doors with water and ice... the culinary dream... some day.

When I bought my place i just went around town furnishing it with anything that had a LCD screen and was available in stainless steel. Its in our testosterone, the voice that says "That`s a nice `whatever`, but does it comes in blindingly-reflective, and could you just stick and LCD screen on it please?"

13 hours ago, Monty said:

Philly Players Available

Michael Grabner ($2.75M, expires 2017) - 77 pool points

Nick Holden ($2.75M, expires 2018) - 71 pool points

Nick Bonino ($4M, expires in 2019) - 25 pool points

Have recieved a few inquiries on Bonino, and loads on Grabner and Holden. Send in your best offers soon, as it appears Grabner and Holden will be traded very soon.

And as outlined in my first post, futures must be the primary asset coming back.

sbisa with a rare 2 points game 

skjei with his 10th assist

ehlers another 2 points game

raffl seems to find back his scoring touch

mason with a SOL but another really solid game 

jokinen also back on the scoring sheet

hoffman is a bit off currntly 

gorges remains scoreless but he´s allwys collecting pims and +/- points 

gryba is also still without scorerpoints 

a 70 points night brought us closer to a top 20 spot ..all is fine in STL at the moment

7 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

The Minnesota Wild claim Paul Postma effective afternoon Nov 15th. 

To accommodate the acquisition of Paul Postma, the Minnesota Wild will be making several roster moves over the coming thread posts. This will allow all GMs to follow the movements, and claim players from waivers if they so wish.

Archived