The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

Though he was not great in his own end, Pouliot showed some flashes of elite offensive abilities.  If Green can get him on the right track, he has top 4 written all over him.  Hutton just isn't a very smart player

Both Hutton and Pouliot have fitness commitment issues.  They both need to dump pounds, and get into proper shape. They need to be more like the Sedin Twins, and train hard off the ice, while making other off ice sacrifices too.  If they don't make those tough life-style changes, and new commitments to being complete professionals, their talents aren't good enough to keep them in the league.  

The good part is they could both be quite good players, if they did make the right choices.  They have the skills, and the body size.  If they were already committed to being complete professionals, and still struggled, then they would be what they are - crappy.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why wouldn't he be heading to Utica?  Injury?  

Potentially sore/battling injury or may want confirmation on world championships before flying to North America. Its been a lengthy season and the world championships are in Europe. 

Prob wants to rest and avoid a flight to North America if he isn't going to for sure play there. That is just my speculation though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Potentially sore/battling injury or may want confirmation on world championships before flying to North America. Its been a lengthy season and the world championships are in Europe. 

Prob wants to rest and avoid a flight to North America if he isn't going to for sure play there. That is just my speculation though.

I'd like to see him in Utica, even as a "Black Ace". Then he gets (at least) to see the speed of the pro games on the smaller ice, and how hard the game is played in the playoffs. 

Johnson said yesterday it looks like Elias Pettersson is likely a lock for team Sweden. He was unsure of Olli Juolevi and said we would have to wait and see. So I guess that is what we need to do.  Or we can speculate for the next week. :) I'm sure I'll do that too.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'd like to see him in Utica, even as a "Black Ace". Then he gets (at least) to see the speed of the pro games on the smaller ice, and how hard the game is played in the playoffs. 

I agree it would be valuable.  He's played a few seasons on the NHL surface so I can imagine playing on an international ice surface vs NHL all-star caliber players will be just as valuable. If not more being around legit veteran superstars. Let's face it we don't have any of those left.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Good thing nobody really cares what you want or expect.

A 19 year old kid is ready when the team decides he's ready, not when some pud on a hockey forum dictates he is or should be based on his wants or desires

Might be time to step away from that keyboard for a bit.  There was nothing from that post that warranted such a snippy response. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Good thing nobody really cares what you want or expect.

A 19 year old kid is ready when the team decides he's ready, not when some pud on a hockey forum dictates he is or should be based on his wants or desires

Looks like you really care about my opinions. 3rd or 4th time you've responded to me in a triggered way. Relax and breathe a bit there bud.

Like you said this is a hockey forum, don't let me keep you up at night.

The onus will be on Juolevi to have a strong summer, so he doesn't bomb training camp like he did last year. 

If he can't beat out the fringe d-men on the Canucks, it's likey becasue he has not ironed out his deficiencies which is a bad sign.

I have confidence that Juolevi is prepared and knows what to do this summer, expect him to make an impression in camp and make the team just like management hopes as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Looks like you really care about my opinions. 3rd or 4th time you've responded to me in a triggered way. Relax and breathe a bit there bud.

Like you said this is a hockey forum, don't let me keep you up at night.

The onus will be on Juolevi to have a strong summer, so he doesn't bomb training camp like he did last year. 

If he can't beat out the fringe d-men on the Canucks, it's likey becasue he has not ironed out his deficiencies which is a bad sign.

I have confidence that Juolevi is prepared and knows what to do this summer, expect him to make an impression in camp and make the team just like management hopes as well.

popcorn.jpg

Someone asked Canucks Army on if we should take on Marion Hossas contract to weaponize cap space and he had a pretty good response to it.....  a pipe dream for sure but damn would that be sick

The Canucks absolutely should have interest in taking on the final four years of Marian Hossa’s contract. I have a difficult time figuring out what the Canucks should get for the privilege. A second-round pick seems fair, at first glance.

This might be a touch rich, but I’d love to see the Canucks land Portland Winterhawks defenceman Henri Jokiharju. When Juolevi played with Jokiharju at the World Juniors, they seemed to have awesome chemistry. Their skill sets complemented each other so, so well. That’s a pipe dream though.

47 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Someone asked Canucks Army on if we should take on Marion Hossas contract to weaponize cap space and he had a pretty good response to it.....  a pipe dream for sure but damn would that be sick

The Canucks absolutely should have interest in taking on the final four years of Marian Hossa’s contract. I have a difficult time figuring out what the Canucks should get for the privilege. A second-round pick seems fair, at first glance.

This might be a touch rich, but I’d love to see the Canucks land Portland Winterhawks defenceman Henri Jokiharju. When Juolevi played with Jokiharju at the World Juniors, they seemed to have awesome chemistry. Their skill sets complemented each other so, so well. That’s a pipe dream though.

That would be a nice addition no doubt. What term is left on his deal though? We got a lot of kids to pay in 2-3 years. I liked jokaharu he looked good in the WJC.  Better then Dallas' top d prospect at times.

Edited by Rush17