Tippett         0.52

Yamamoto   0.43

Patrick         0.42

Hischier       0.39

Vilardi          0.35

Suzuki         0.34

Glass           0.29

Rasmussen 0.24

I said just after 10, so we're clear. The kid is a stud. 

4 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

As much as I want him. I say he's gone right after 10 tbh. Especially with all the small stars emerging in the league. I think a team says screw it amd drafts him. The guys oozes skill. 

I don't know, when was the last time a 5ft 7in player went top 15 or even top 20? He's talented but I think he goes after pick 20 with a strong chance of early 2nd. There are quite a few players that, I think, teams would rather take a chance on.

32 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah he's a tiny little stud. I think he might go around 17-18 at the earliest but who knows. 

I'd agree probably in the 20s. He is very old for his draft class (Sept 29) that combine with his weight/height will no doubt have an effect.

One interesting this about Suzuki and Vilardi is their low amount of PIMs. I personally think that high PIMs are a bad thing in the modern NHL and that minor penalty plus minus is a very important and underrated statistic. Unfortunately we don't have penalty plus/minus data at the CHL level at least not that I am aware of) but we do have one half of the equation:

Suzuki through 148 OHL games has only taken 24 PIMs (all minors I'd wager to say).

Vilardi through  123 OHL games has only taken 32 PIMs.

Both very impressive. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, baumerman77 said:

One interesting this about Suzuki and Vilardi is their low amount of PIMs. I personally think that high PIMs are a bad thing in the modern NHL and that minor penalty plus minus is a very important and underrated statistic. Unfortunately we don't have penalty plus/minus data at the CHL level at least not that I am aware of) but we do have one half of the equation:

Suzuki through 148 OHL games has only taken 24 PIMs (all minors I'd wager to say).

Both very impressive. 

Even more impressive on Vilardi's end cause he's big and plays a physical game. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

Both very impressive. 

If that impresses you mittlestadts pims must impress u even more!

agree though - they should track drawn penalty minutes now would be a more important stat 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I'd be ok with that.  But at 9 if Liljegren is still on the board and we haven't picked him or Heiskanen or Petterson or Hague  over Tippett I am seriously questioning WTF management is doing

You would rank all of those guys above Tippett? I'm confident Benning can draft a gem of a dman with that CBJ pick. 

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

Not sure how we got 9th pick there but I'm with Hippy, we're not passing on Heiskanen/Lilj/Makar in that spot...especially for Tippet.

7 hours ago, 250Integra said:

And how do we get that 9th pick? trading Gudbranson back?

As much as I wish we could trade Gudbranson back and get that pick, I'm guessing we trade Tanev to Florida. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Depends who has been taken 

We can assume the first two. If Glass and Vilardi go #3,4 you could argue Mittlestadt, liljegren, and Makar would be good picks at #5

I would lean towards Liljegren so we get our right handed defence man who has size and would make a dynamic duo with Juolevi . 

If I was picking for the Canucks I would pick

1. Patrick

2. Hischier

3. Glass

4. Liljegren

5. Mittlestadt

6. Makar

7. Heiskanen

8. Peterson

9. Vilardi

10. Necas

11. Tippett

12. Tolvanen

13. Suzuki

14. Valimaki

15. Foote

16. Vesalainen 

17. Kostin

18. Rasmusen

19. Hague

20. Peohling 

If the Canucks get the 5th pk , and Vilardi & Mittlestadt have already been taken, I'd take Makar or Glass over Liljigren. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, baumerman77 said:

For those who are interested in goal scoring:

5v5 goals per game for top CHL prospects:

Tippett         0.52

Yamamoto   0.43

Patrick         0.42

Hischier       0.39

Vilardi          0.35

Suzuki         0.34

Glass           0.29

Rasmussen 0.24

So are you saying that this article is full of you know what? :huh:

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-canucks-attention-centres-on-nhl-draft-lottery

3. Cody Glass, (Portland, WHL, 6-foot-2, 179 pounds)
The stats: GP: 69, G:32, A:62 PTS: 94
The skinny: “He’s the most efficient and productive 5-on-5 player in the CHL (Canadian Hockey League) for this draft. Over 70 per cent of his points come 5-on-5 and that’s exceptionally good. You put a big star beside that when you start to grade levels of work. And 45 per cent of his points were on the road and that’s excellent. He needs to fill out, but his dad is 6-foot-5 and built like a truck and his brother is 6-foot-7.”

Edited by CoolCanucklehead

6 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I said just after 10, so we're clear. The kid is a stud. 

is that based on more than one season? Pretty sure Nico outscored Nolan this year. Nico only had one season to adjust so it puts him at a bit of a disadvantage. The flip side to that is it shows what a Healthy NP can do. When it comes to wingers I dunno for me I just don;t see the value compared to a centre. And some of the others are way to boom or bust. theirs a reason guys like that usually don't go very high in the first, or sometimes not at all. See JH