Draft Glass

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Goldobin - Reinhart - Glass

Molino - Granlund - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Stecher

Borgman - Gudbranson

Juolevi - Subban

Sbisa is LV bound since we can only protect 3 D.

Borgman is TO bound .

and Juolevi and Brisebois are a few years aways,  We can't afford to move on hutton yet. Next year are D depth would look like

Edler - Tanev

Pedan - Stecher

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Subban

And that's "if" Juolevi is NHL ready. 

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Borgman is TO bound .

and Juolevi and Brisebois are a few years aways,  We can't afford to move on hutton yet. Next year are D depth would look like

Edler - Tanev

Pedan - Stecher

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Subban

*McEneny.

I'd probably have him ahead of Pedan actually.

Also, LGK may not take Sbisa.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Doesn't really help the position of good d depth on the left side.

I wouldn't count of them taking anyone else. 

Edler

Sbisa

McEneny

Pedan

Isn't THAT terrifying for a rebuilding club. There's also options via UFA/trade for cheap 3rd D pair LD if need be.

I'm not counting on anything. But they may just view Gaunce/Rodin/Bucher and their respective RFA contract status' and low costs as better gets than a 27 year old $3.6m, soon to be UFA D. Especially when they'll likely have a glut of equal or better #4D from other teams.

Anything's possible.

Edited by J.R.

An important thing to remember when grading Cody Glass is that the highlight clip covering the past couple years is not accurate to showing just how good he is today. His 2017 highlights show a player with an elite shot and playmaking abilities. A guy who makes everyone else around him better and shows good leadership abilities. I see him having a higher offensive ceiling than Horvat. I see him as s first line center and an Assistant Captain. 

Outside of Patrick and Hischier he would be my first pick at #5. 

My order of players to pick at 5:

1. Glass

2. Hieskanen

3. Mittlestadt

4. Vilardi

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

He's certainly not in the top top tier of young D. But an ED exempt, 24 year old, top 4 D who can move the puck pretty well will have all sorts of value this summer.

This may be the opportune time to move him in fact if JB feels we can afford to lose him with other depth here and coming (Edler, Sbisa, McEneny, Pedan, Juolevi, Brisebois..not to mention the possible/eventual return of Tryamkin, the possible signing of Borgman...)

Based on the information being available on the internet Tryamkin signed a 3-year deal with his new team. In addition he mentioned that he won't re-sign with Canucks.

Hopefully the Canucks land someone like Darren Raddysh or a European D-Man who is a UFA this summer and JB watched at the World's  to bolster their D. .

13 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Based on the information being available on the internet Tryamkin signed a 3-year deal with his new team. In addition he mentioned that he won't re-sign with Canucks.

Hopefully the Canucks land someone like Darren Raddysh or a European D-Man who is a UFA this summer and JB watched at the World's  to bolster their D. .

When did Try say he wouldn't resign with the Canucks. I've never read that. Are you suggesting never or that he plans on honoring his 3 year contract? 

1 hour ago, WeatherWise said:

I would not recommend judging a player based off of what you see in a highlight reel. Highlight reels showcase the best moments of a player's season, whereas the rest of their play is not on display.

I have watched quite a few of these top players extensively, and you may have seen my six-game comprehensive scouting packages of Nolan Patrick and Gabriel Vilardi.

I plan to release a Cody Glass package rather soon. You will have an opportunity to watch every shift of his from six games this season. Don't expect too much from this player, or you may be disappointed.

who do you have rated as your 3 to 5? agreed i'm not really buying all the cody glass hype.

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Love to see this quote. 

16 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Borgman is TO bound .

Edler - Tanev

Pedan - Stecher

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Subban

If its: 

Edler - Tanev

<free agent> - Stecher

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Pedan - Subban

it may be OK. A guy like Hainsey for 1 year would be fine for next season. Particularly if we had a top 6 capable of scoring at an average rate. 

16 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'm not counting on anything. But they may just view Gaunce/Rodin/Bucher and their respective RFA contract status' and low costs as better gets than a 27 year old $3.6m, soon to be UFA D. Especially when they'll likely have a glut of equal or better #4D from other teams.

Anything's possible.

yes, in a dream world. 

21 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

If its: 

Edler - Tanev

<free agent> - Stecher

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Pedan - Subban

it may be OK. A guy like Hainsey for 1 year would be fine for next season. Particularly if we had a top 6 capable of scoring at an average rate. 

That is until Edler misses another 15-25 games, in the last 4 years he's missed 71 games (almost a full season). he's averaged missing 18 games a season. 

Right now, with Tryamkin gone and soon Sbisa, the only top four LHD we have are hutton and Juolevi.  Outside chance of McEneny, Pedan or Brisebois.  Edler likely only has 2-3 years left, so If we move hutton we are putting all our eggs into Juolevi. 

Because of expansion draft, and the loss of sbisa, we can't afford to move a player like hutton, Were aren't strong enough to be able to move 3 young LHD (tryamkin, Hutton, Sbisa)  in the span of a few months. And Don't fool yourself that vegas will take anyone but, everyone else we have to offer is soon waiver claim material and Sbisa is one of the top 5 D available.   The only players that should be considered trading is Edler and Tanev.    Moving one of them allows us to protect Sbisa, so instead of losing 3 D, we only lose 2, which keeps our depth and protects us from rushing/forcing a player like Juolevi into the line up. 

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That is until Edler misses another 15-25 games, in the last 4 years he's missed 71 games (almost a full season). he's averaged missing 18 games a season. 

Right now, with Tryamkin gone and soon Sbisa, the only top four LHD we have are hutton and Juolevi.  Outside chance of McEneny, Pedan or Brisebois.  Edler likely only has 2-3 years left, so If we move hutton we are putting all our eggs into Juolevi. 

Because of expansion draft, and the loss of sbisa, we can't afford to move a player like hutton, Were aren't strong enough to be able to move 3 young LHD (tryamkin, Hutton, Sbisa)  in the span of a few months. And Don't fool yourself that vegas will take anyone but, everyone else we have to offer is soon waiver claim material and Sbisa is one of the top 5 D available.   The only players that should be considered trading is Edler and Tanev.    Moving one of them allows us to protect Sbisa, so instead of losing 3 D, we only lose 2, which keeps our depth and protects us from rushing/forcing a player like Juolevi into the line up. 

You make a good case why Hutton won't be moved and I agree. It could be remedied with a good FA signing but that won't be cheap and will hurt other things Jim's trying to do, so for sure Hutton is staying put. I also think Tanev is staying until next seasons TDL unless someone comes along with a big offer Jim can't refuse or if there's a veteran D coming back in the deal somehow. 

24 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

You make a good case why Hutton won't be moved and I agree. It could be remedied with a good FA signing but that won't be cheap and will hurt other things Jim's trying to do, so for sure Hutton is staying put. I also think Tanev is staying until next seasons TDL unless someone comes along with a big offer Jim can't refuse or if there's a veteran D coming back in the deal somehow. 

That's kind of what I think too, the market is going to be over flooded with teams trying to move a D they can't protect.  Over supply tends to drop down the price, so his value might be highest come TDL. 

9 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's kind of what I think too, the market is going to be over flooded with teams trying to move a D they can't protect.  Over supply tends to drop down the price, so his value might be highest come TDL. 

If it plays out that way it will be funny to see the conversation switch from "this is the weakest draft in 20 years" to how crappy JB's "asset management" is that he didn't dump Tanev for a late 1st :lol:

17 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Borgman is TO bound .

Edler - Tanev

Pedan - Stecher

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Subban

Pedan is a bust in my opinion.