The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I was just reading ( the province?) someone saying Tanev  is problably not worth it to Dallas to trade their 3rd overall for Tanev AND our 5th overall !!!!

To trade up 2 spots it is going to cost us Tanev +????

....no way I would do that....

Ahah must of misread or just an insane writer..

Hypothetically say we trade Tanev for #3 and we take Makar there tanev value >>>>> Makar for Dallas as makar is a minimum 2 years away the like 3 to make the league and 4/5 to make an impact if everything pans out and he develops well in uni. 

Tanev is is a top pairing shutdown d one of th best in the league on a cap friendly deal and a good age to match a Dallas core that wants to win now. 

#5 value is almost = to #3 trade value too on top of that 

we we only need to add to the deal to pay the premium that comes with the prestige of a top 3 pick.

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Ahah must of misread or just an insane writer..

Hypothetically say we trade Tanev for #3 and we take Makar there tanev value >>>>> Makar for Dallas as makar is a minimum 2 years away the like 3 to make the league and 4/5 to make an impact if everything pans out and he develops well in uni. 

Tanev is is a top pairing shutdown d one of th best in the league on a cap friendly deal and a good age to match a Dallas core that wants to win now. 

#5 value is almost = to #3 trade value too on top of that 

we we only need to add to the deal to pay the premium that comes with the prestige of a top 3 pick.

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports the Dallas Stars have their eyes on Vancouver Canucks defenceman Chris Tanev.

The Stars own the No. 3 overall pick in this month's entry draft and have been open about their willingness to move it for a current NHL player. Matheson doesn't believe Tanev is worth the third overall pick and wonders if the two teams could flip picks in a deal for Tanev. The Canucks own the fifth overall pick and would move up two spots in such a deal.

Dallas likes Canucks' Chris Tanev, second-pairing NHL D, but he can't be worth No. 3 overall pick in draft, right? Maybe a flip of picks too

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports the Dallas Stars have their eyes on Vancouver Canucks defenceman Chris Tanev.

The Stars own the No. 3 overall pick in this month's entry draft and have been open about their willingness to move it for a current NHL player. Matheson doesn't believe Tanev is worth the third overall pick and wonders if the two teams could flip picks in a deal for Tanev. The Canucks own the fifth overall pick and would move up two spots in such a deal.

Dallas likes Canucks' Chris Tanev, second-pairing NHL D, but he can't be worth No. 3 overall pick in draft, right? Maybe a flip of picks too

If that were to happen I would be outraged unless hischier fell to 3, and even then thatbwould be pretty crazy to give up to move up 2 spots 

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

If that were to happen I would be outraged unless hischier fell to 3, and even then thatbwould be pretty crazy to give up to move up 2 spots 

he doesn't say that it will be 5th overall as the pick being flip flopped. could easily be something like Tanev+ 33+ 112 for 3rd overall+ 39+ 132

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

7 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Wrong, Tanev is absolutely worth the 3rd overall pick and here's why.

He is one of the BEST defensive D's in the entire league, exactly what Dallas needs if the want in the play off's next year.

Had rave reviews from McDavid and his D partner at Worlds.

It's a weaker draft this year

He would make Dallas a whole lot better instantly.

Jim holds the cards in this deal. Tanev straight up for the 3rd or nothing. Dallas needs Tanev more than Canucks need the 3rd.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Wrong, Tanev is absolutely worth the 3rd overall pick and here's why.

He is one of the BEST defensive D's in the entire league, exactly what Dallas needs if the want in the play off's next year.

Had rave reviews from McDavid and his D partner at Worlds.

It's a weaker draft this year

He would make Dallas a whole lot better instantly.

Jim holds the cards in this deal. Tanev straight up for the 3rd or nothing. Dallas needs Tanev more than Canucks need the 3rd.

Well....I agree but I do think it would take Tanev plus say the #55 pick to entice Dallas to part with the #3 pick and keep our own #5 pick...I would do that and maybe throw in a 7th round pick if needed. 

26 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Well, I guess it's a good thing that it isn't up to Jim Matheson then, isn't it?

Maybe he'd be good with Tanev to Edmonton with a swap of first rounders...

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don't see vilardi getting pass the av's to be honest. and I don't buy the hype on the kid dominating the AJ, i personally like Walsh or Ferraro better, exact same skill sets, both were able to dominate lesser leagues, and less of a risk taking them since they will be in the 50-70 range.  Exposure is the main thing that sets them apart take away his 4 points game in WJAC and he's a mid to late first round pick.

I'll be very disappointed if the take Makar at #5

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Well....I agree but I do think it would take Tanev plus say the #55 pick to entice Dallas to part with the #3 pick and keep our own #5 pick...I would do that and maybe throw in a 7th round pick if needed. 

Is taking one of their cap dump goalies still part of the package? If so, then there should be no swap of picks. And they have to add. A lot.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'll be very disappointed if the take Makar at #5

I'm not saying I like Makar that much myself, but if JB took him I think it's a reflection of the weak draft imo.  Otherwise, there would be absolutely NO way you leave one of Mittelsdat, Glass, Vilardi, Heiskanen, on the table - which is what will happen if Makar is taken at 5. 

48 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

1. Give up Tanev to get the same guy you might have gotten without the trade.

2. Matheson's been around long enough to know Tanev's worth FAR more than a two-position swap.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

According to Devils fans on HF:

#5 + Horvat

#5 + two of Tanev, Juloevi, Boeser

LOL - I know you didn't make that up HW, but that's a complete joke. 

In a weaksauce draft like this year where even the top guys are possibly only 2nd line forwards at best they want that...

Guess I can't blame them - I'd be asking for OVERPAYMENT too if I was JB and got GIFTED that pick.