The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

1 minute ago, missioncanucksfan said:

If we pick 2nd and Hischier goes 1st...I propose we trade Patrick to LV for their 1st and 3rd rnd

2nd maybe, 3rd no deal.

And say on who they take in the ED.

Edited by J.R.

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

3 more years on that contract... :wacko::sick:

I mean, we're gonna have tons of cap space over the next 2-3 years so we in theory can take it on. Depending on how high Tampa values Drouin I'd want a prospect coming back as well. 

29 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Vilardi has also played wing alot this year. Either that or his 140 faceoff wins shows he just sucks at Faceoffs. 

Glass is looking like the choice behind Hischier and Liljegren if Hischier/Glass are gone.

Funny how Tippett doesn't get a peep from us

Is Liljegren even getting a peep from us at this point? Let's be honest it's the Makar and Heiskenen show as far as top rated d-men go. I see Timothy far from a top 5 pick. The later half of top 10 seems more reasonable IMO. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pears said:

I mean, we're gonna have tons of cap space over the next 2-3 years so we in theory can take it on. Depending on how high Tampa values Drouin I'd want a prospect coming back as well. 

To take that contract on! Hell yes! If we're sending them Tryamkin and taking Callahan's contract on I want their first and Koekkoek or something.

I would be extremely happy with

1st/2nd overall: Nico Hischier (C)

33rd overall: Kristian Vesalainen (LW) or Josh Norris (C)

54th/55th overall: Henri Jokiharju (RHD)

63rd overall: Jonah Gadjovich (LW).

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My issues with Heiskanen is that until the U18 he wasn't really on anyones radar as a top 10 pick, then he had a stand out tournament against a bunch of children when he's a giant man child who has been playing against grown men for 16 months.

It's a bit unnerving to see the stock so many put in to single week to 10 day tourneys

Not to say I wouldn't love him, but top 3...not so much.

He's 6' and 175lbs... and yes, at only that size was playing against men.

He was also always a (mid'ish?) 1st rounder as far as I recall. Sometimes it's hard to judge guys against each other when they're playing in another league half way around the wortld vs a kids in the CHL. Apples and oranges. A tournament amongst his peers and he was a major stand out is actually a pretty good indication...

On 4/26/2017 at 1:08 AM, funkyfresh said:

He also has a pretty intriguing story; his dad worked two jobs so he could play hockey. He missed two half-seasons because he couldn't afford to play and they had to throw fundraisers for him. I think seeing how hard his dad worked for him is really going to push him to put in the work to continue improving.

Also I thought I heard before that he was undrafted in the WHL or a very late draft pick that basically played his way in to the minds of the team and then all the way to where is is today. That is commendable.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

My issues with Heiskanen is that until the U18 he wasn't really on anyones radar as a top 10 pick, then he had a stand out tournament against a bunch of children when he's a giant man child who has been playing against grown men for 16 months.

It's a bit unnerving to see the stock so many put in to single week to 10 day tourneys

Not to say I wouldn't love him, but top 3...not so much.

From what I've heard he's not really a true PPQB, which is JB's determinant in choosing a dman that high.