The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

22 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Just creates a higher chance that we get it this season and don't have to wait another season 

I'm hoping for Hischier we lack skilled offensive talent 

we will be in good shape especially because lillegran will go top 3 leaving very skilled centers available 

I'm guessing the picks go

1. Colorado 

2. Arizona

3. Las Vegas 

4. Vancouver 

1. Hirschier 

2. Lilgren

3. Patrick

4. Mittelstadt 

5. Vilardi

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

1. Hirschier 

2. Lilgren

3. Patrick

4. Mittelstadt 

5. Vilardi

I guess it all comes down to teams and draft order

if Colorado picks 1st they take Lilgren, they have been dying for a player like him for a lot of years 

LAs Vegas will choose Patrick hands down if he's anywhere on the board when they pick. They are gonna want a marketable franchise peice to start things off for them 

after that it looks like a bunch of centers and it will come down to team scouting because there are a lot of top level centers in the draft with not a lot separating them 

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 2:57 AM, DeltaSwede said:

Sports hernia can only be dangerous in the long-term if the appropriate amount of rest is not administered. I don't think it will hurt his career in the long-term and what he has accomplished in the past is really impressive. If it was another type of injury, I'd be concerned as well, but it's not the type of injury (I believe) that is reoccurring, unless it is mishandled. 

I'm still not sold on Hischier developing into a dominant 1st liner at the NHL level and am a little worried he will end up being a player that plays a supportive role. Patrick, I feel, has the makings of a 1st line center that plays in all possible situations. I just feel that Patrick has the potential to be more dominant than Hischier at the NHL level. It's not like I have a lot between them either and a substantial part of me is hoping the Canucks don't end up with the first overall pick and have the decision made for them by whoever picks 1st. 

6 months ago everyone were raving about Liljegren, and now that he has had mono, all of a sudden he's not the same player anymore, and doesn't have the same ceiling. I think that's the case for Patrick. Spend a little time out of the spotlight and people forget how good they real

Another guy I don't know much about but don't see enough of is Nickolas Hague

6'6 defenseman that loves to hammer the puck and has already matched his goal output from last year at 14 in 30+ games.

I don't know what his other abilities are such as D game or if he is a big puss or slow footed and gets walked around but his shot is amazing and worth considering

15 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Looks like we will be getting our centre this upcoming draft. Benning better get this one right.... we should be going for pure skill this go around.

Herchier looks like he has elite skill.  Is he a winger at the next level though?

18 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Looks like we will be getting our centre this upcoming draft. Benning better get this one right.... we should be going for pure skill this go around.

Herchier looks like he has elite skill.  Is he a winger at the next level though?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I've honestly only seen him play once against Canada and he played well. He looks more like a winger more then a centre though. What do you think?

Edited by messier's_elbow

7 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I've honestly only seen him play once against Canada and he played well. He looks more like a winger more then a centre though. What do you think?

He looks better on the wing to me, as that allows for less defensive responsibility and more space to create.  I see him as a winger, like P. Kane or J. Goudreau.  I just know if he has those guys' hands?

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He looks better on the wing to me, as that allows for less defensive responsibility and more space to create.  I see him as a winger, like P. Kane or J. Goudreau.  I just know if he has those guys' hands?

I can't really say until I see him play a few more times. That's why I like the WJC so much. Can see guys like him and Middlestadt and get a better read on their games. Herchier kind of reminds me of Ehlers a bit but that's just from one game.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don't underestimate his defensive game,  there is a reason he is moved to a top 5 rank.  It's not just his offensive game, what they like most about him is his compete level and drive.  He's solid at both ends. 

18 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Don't underestimate his defensive game,  there is a reason he is moved to a top 5 rank.  It's not just his offensive game, what they like most about him is his compete level and drive.  He's solid at both ends. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play against the best at the WJC.  If he does have elite skill, wouldn't he be better on the wing, where he would have less defensive responsibility?  Then again, Bo has proven he can do the heavy lifting in the d-zone, so maybe we could have a really top notch one two punch at centre - Like Hank and Kes?

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play against the best at the WJC.  If he does have elite skill, wouldn't he be better on the wing, where he would have less defensive responsibility?  Then again, Bo has proven he can do the heavy lifting in the d-zone, so maybe we could have a really top notch one two punch at centre - Like Hank and Kes?

Hischier.  Fwiw Tourigny sees him as a C.  Says his defensive game is really solid for his age.  He can't stop raving about him - says he's the most complete player he has ever coached.  Says it's not just talent it's just everything else - he lists character, work ethic, the attention to detail, the will to be the best and humility.   

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Hischier.  Fwiw Tourigny sees him as a C.  Says his defensive game is really solid for his age.  He can't stop raving about him - says he's the most complete player he has ever coached.  Says it's not just talent it's just everything else - he lists character, work ethic, the attention to detail, the will to be the best and humility.   

I'm ALL IN on this kid.  If he's on the board when we pick, JB better take him.  And trade Tanev for another first rounder and get another elite skill guy.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's time for JB to nut up.  Trade Tanev + our first pick to whichever team picks first and select HIRCHIER.  

I like this Nick kid too but if we need to draft multiple top players so I'd package Tanev with something else for another top pick.

id be happy with mittelstadt and another forward

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I like this Nick kid too but if we need to draft multiple top players so I'd package Tanev with something else for another top pick.

id be happy with mittelstadt and another forward

How about trade down a couple, include Tanev + Hansen and get TWO top ten picks?