The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks just took a big L

Virtanen

What an absolute pathetic group of fans we have.  You guys are SAD.

We needed a top dman.  We haven't drafted a Dman in the 1st since 2005!  This is a good pick,  don't get me wrong, I was hoping for Tkachuk as well, but I can't complain with the best Dman in the draft.

The way some of the "fans" in here are acting makes me ashamed.  Just sad.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm slightly disappointed, but with Hutton, Tryampkin, Gudbranson and now Juolevi, our D has been pretty much rebuilt.

Which has been a problem for years.

As much as i wanted a scoring F, we badly needed a PMD

1 minute ago, bobbyg43 said:

Wiesbroad for Gm draft bust of 2016 

this is is despicable we live in western conference .lowest scoring team  almost in league JB you you make me sick . Drafting out of your Amagus ? Insane team has Subban on farm with same skill set an higher upside potential.for undersized player . Look to finish bottom again 2017 good luck with free agents

So we draft someone else, and we're magically not bottom in 2017? Even MacDavid didn't bring the Oilers up much in his first year. We're not drafting for our team in 2017.

1 minute ago, bobbyg43 said:

Wiesbroad for Gm draft bust of 2016 

this is is despicable we live in western conference .lowest scoring team  almost in league JB you you make me sick . Drafting out of your Amagus ? Insane team has Subban on farm with same skill set an higher upside potential.for undersized player . Look to finish bottom again 2017 good luck with free agents

I blame Weisbrod

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

You do nothing but piss and moan.

I'm thrilled that you're disappointed.  It fits your gig.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded Juolevi if Tkachuk had been gone, but to pass on Tkachuk is baffling unless Benning is willing to commit to a serious rebuild.

Teams need to be built from goal tending out.

This was the right pick for the teams future. They could have made some stupid move to help them be a play off team. This pick shows that they are still looking at building from with in. This bodes well for the long term.

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived