The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sabres Looking To Move F Evander Kane

b3.

37 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

That's my point. It would be logical for Jim to trade a draft pick for Kane because he wants character players and wants to build through the draft.

Apparently Kane's father is fairly strict so maybe having him back in Vancouver around his dad might help clean his act up.  If Benning is true to his word in that he is looking at the trade market for a gritty winger who can score, the only ones I can see that might be available are Hartnell, Kane, or Hornqvist (due to Pitts terrible cap situation).

13 minutes ago, CHYCHRUN said:

We don't have the assets to get that kind of player unless we deal Tanev and Demko in a package.

Ahem, paging Scott Hartnell. A package can land him, yes. But, it doesn't have to include Tanev, and, it'd BETTER not involve young Demko. 

But, your Etem's and your Vey's and your Grenier's and your Dorsett's should all be in play, though. Might have to part with a Pedan, too, if you really want to make things interesting. All depends on who can be had. But, Hartnell is definitely on that list of availables this summer. 

1 hour ago, CHYCHRUN said:

He is. Arizona killed the draft.

Are you saying you know who that player is going to be?

Nobody does. 

Time will tell... just wait and see 

The U.S. broadcast of the draft said Juolevi is "the best all around defenceman" among this year's crop. 

4 hours ago, theminister said:

I wonder if there is any possibility that the Sabres consider moving Foligno if they can't move Kane. 

Foligno is becoming expendable.  He continues to drop further down the depth chart.  At this point it's only his size,strength, and ability and willingness to hit people into the boards and on the ice that is keeping him on the big club.

Don't forget that charges have yet to be made by the police or DA.  Even though what he's being accused of is 2 misdemeanors, the cops or DA's office could in the end charge him with a felony after they're done investigating.  Being a Canadian citizen he could run into serious problems crossing the border.

The Sabres won't be able to move him until the investigation is over unless there's an insane GM that will pay the asking price before the legal details are settled.

If the one Kane can survive assault and rape allegations in Buffalo, I guess the other Kane can as well.

2 hours ago, CHYCHRUN said:

Benning said he wants young fast players with size - he signs Eriksson

He says you gotta build through the draft - he trades multiple picks

He says we will compete for a playoff spot - 3rd worst in the league

He says he wants character players - why not bring in Evander... everything else is hogwash 

Hey CHYCHRUN. I believe you might owe me a frosty beverage over the draft position of your namesake.B)

3 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Hey CHYCHRUN. I believe you might owe me a frosty beverage over the draft position of your namesake.B)

He backed out of that board-wide offer.  I forget what the reasoning was. :lol:

1 hour ago, fanofvan said:

Apparently Kane's father is fairly strict so maybe having him back in Vancouver around his dad might help clean his act up.  If Benning is true to his word in that he is looking at the trade market for a gritty winger who can score, the only ones I can see that might be available are Hartnell, Kane, or Hornqvist (due to Pitts terrible cap situation).

Kane is a grown man, if you need someone's father to be there to straighten em out at this age. I think he needs time away from the NHL then and just be with his family.

Also why are you going to sign a player that needs parental supervision?

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Kane is a grown man, if you need someone's father to be there to straighten em out at this age. I think he needs time away from the NHL then and just be with his family.

Also why are you going to sign a player that needs parental supervision?

I wasn't implying supervision but I'm sure most of us can agree that we live a little harder when we are away from "home".

It would seem to me that the only NHL team Kane might change his ways is the Canucks. He was born and raised in VAN, played with the Giants. It would be very risky, but playing at home might help straighten him out. Have a little city pride? He'd also be surrounded by family and friends. But Benning only wants character people on the Canucks, so he'd know if Kane is worth taking a chance on.

26 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It would seem to me that the only NHL team Kane might change his ways is the Canucks. He was born and raised in VAN, played with the Giants. It would be very risky, but playing at home might help straighten him out. Have a little city pride? He'd also be surrounded by family and friends. But Benning only wants character people on the Canucks, so he'd know if Kane is worth taking a chance on.

I agree

Well, it doesn't help that he was scratched in VAN when WPG was in town a couple of years ago. Byfuglien threw his track suit in the shower. Lol Might be too risky, too bad, Canucks could sure use his size and skill in their top 6.

I would assume Benning would have interest in him. This is the same Kane we were interested in when he played for Winnipeg. Surely until the legal stuff is figured out you have to sit back, but after that is settled if its a buy low option of dumping sbisa the other way long with a pick and low end roster player you make the deal

Archived