The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sabres Looking To Move F Evander Kane

b3.

The price on Kane right now is probably the lowest it'll ever be. If Canucks could get him for some sorta combination of 2 or 3 outta Burrows, Dorsett, Sbisa, Pedan, and draft picks, they should do it, absolutely.

Wouldn't give up any key pieces for him cuz of his history but man would he ever make the Canucks better.

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Kane-Sutter-Rodin

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Etem-Granlund-Virtanen 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson 

Tryamkin-Larsen 

Miller

Markstrom

That's not a team that's gonna have problems scoring goals. That's a straight up playoff team with a whole bunch nastiness, grit, and speed all over the place.

1 minute ago, Boddy604 said:

The price on Kane right now is probably the lowest it'll ever be. If Canucks could get him for some sorta combination of 2 or 3 outta Burrows, Dorsett, Sbisa, Pedan, and draft picks, they should do it, absolutely.

Wouldn't give up any key pieces for him cuz of his history but man would he ever make the Canucks better.

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Kane-Sutter-Rodin

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Etem-Granlund-Virtanen 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson 

Tryamkin-Larsen 

Miller

Markstrom

That's not a team that's gonna have problems scoring goals. That's a straight up playoff team with a whole bunch nastiness, grit, and speed all over the place.

Couldn't agree more. Nows the time to get him if we ever wanted to consider him. 

3 minutes ago, Rough Neck said:

Couldn't agree more. Nows the time to get him if we ever wanted to consider him. 

Add in that he could be a legitimate successor for D Sedin and their contracts end at the same time and it makes sense. If he works out, the cap will be there to keep him.

9 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

what were the arrests for ?

Allegations of assault and threatening 2 women who accused him of grabbing them, one by the throat and the other forcing her away from the bar.  No charges have been laid

Bring him home to his mama she will clean his act up an straighten him out.

trade Sibissa an a second next year.trigger performance clause he get 55 points or plays 70 games it becomes a first round pick swapped an there second comes back to us.If he scores an he can ,we will be making a run in playoffs an the first pick sting won't hurt as much. An he will have reformed. And can become heir to one of Sedins , just need to focus him an energy back to  ice being a nasty performing 2 way sniper.i would pick him up for 2 years as a major project.

we would need to trade another player probably to get under cap so could see Edler or Tanev being moved in a secondary trade. We should have bought Burrows out there may not be a chance again for a long time to grab players of this caliber.

I would absolutely take a flyer on Kane. The Okposo deal makes him expendable, as do his actions.

If there is any team Kane would be motivated to clean up for, it's us.

But like I stated before, this would require a serious conversation between him & brass on off-ice expectations.

Honestly he belongs in the Stage 1 substance program - if he isn't in it already.  If he goes into Stage 2 we can write off his cap without having to use a BO. That would probably hit home that he's about to "character" himself out of the NHL. Nobody is going to take that cap hit if he screws up again. Most aren't willing to now.

Burrows + pick for Kane?

36 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Bring him home to his mama she will clean his act up an straighten him out.

trade Sibissa an a second next year.trigger performance clause he get 55 points or plays 70 games it becomes a first round pick swapped an there second comes back to us.If he scores an he can ,we will be making a run in playoffs an the first pick sting won't hurt as much. An he will have reformed. And can become heir to one of Sedins , just need to focus him an energy back to  ice being a nasty performing 2 way sniper.i would pick him up for 2 years as a major project.

we would need to trade another player probably to get under cap so could see Edler or Tanev being moved in a secondary trade. We should have bought Burrows out there may not be a chance again for a long time to grab players of this caliber.

Trade Tanev to bring in this cancer, no thanks. 

The big issue with acquiring Kane, even if it means just moving Sbisa, is that he'd need to be exposed in the expansion draft. Either that or we need to do the same to Hansen. Acquiring Kane forces Hansen out.

Also, it would mean that we would need to ensure Biega gets into 19 games minimum so we would have a D to expose, or Larsen into 40.

33 minutes ago, insomniac604 said:

I would absolutely take a flyer on Kane. The Okposo deal makes him expendable, as do his actions.

If there is any team Kane would be motivated to clean up for, it's us.

But like I stated before, this would require a serious conversation between him & brass on off-ice expectations.

Honestly he belongs in the Stage 1 substance program - if he isn't in it already.  If he goes into Stage 2 we can write off his cap without having to use a BO. That would probably hit home that he's about to "character" himself out of the NHL. Nobody is going to take that cap hit if he screws up again. Most aren't willing to now.

Burrows + pick for Kane?

Seriously?!

im all for a deal involving burrows.  But let's be real. Burrows has been nothing but heart and character for our team.  To trade a guy like that for what Kane has displayed so far is complete joke.

10 minutes ago, theminister said:

The big issue with acquiring Kane, even if it means just moving Sbisa, is that he'd need to be exposed in the expansion draft. Either that or we need to do the same to Hansen. Acquiring Kane forces Hansen out.

Also, it would mean that we would need to ensure Biega gets into 19 games minimum so we would have a D to expose, or Larsen into 40.

I would be okay with trading away or exposing Hansen in the expansion draft if it means that we get a 24 year old top 6 power forward. 

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Seriously?!

im all for a deal involving burrows.  But let's be real. Burrows has been nothing but heart and character for our team.  To trade a guy like that for what Kane has displayed so far is complete joke.

I'm really surprised that you thought my ask was too much instead of too little.

We all love Burrows. But his pay and his stats are not the same. He has been dwindling. I mean, there's a reason he hasn't played with the Sedins lately. He has gotten chances with injuries. Just hasn't been the same.

His PK is effin' unbelievable. By himself he can kill 30 seconds just with skating and tenacity.

Kane is a way younger and an equally tenacious player. He hovers around 20 goals every season, and sometimes tops it. He is just entering his prime. A 6 mill hit for 24yo who can still improve.. is a good deal.

But I do stress that there needs to be a pow-wow about his off-ice antics. I typed an article before about how, as a woman, I feel regarding his behavior. If he's found guilty he needs a penalty.

But if it's dismissed again, he needs a new scene and to be in the substance abuse program.

I specifically said that lots of people get drunk, but not many wind up in the news. Even less do so consistently. It's not race, location or age, it's him putting himself in those situations. That needs to change before we even consider getting him. 

But if he makes an effort to change, it would be an easy trade for a big name. Not too long ago there was a bidding war for his services. 

Right now Burrows is only here because we haven't found someone better. Kane could be better not just for this year, but many more after. I think we can safely say that after this season Burr is gone no matter what.

2 minutes ago, insomniac604 said:

I'm really surprised that you thought my ask was too much instead of too little.

We all love Burrows. But his pay and his stats are not the same. He has been dwindling. I mean, there's a reason he hasn't played with the Sedins lately. He has gotten chances with injuries. Just hasn't been the same.

His PK is effin' unbelievable. By himself he can kill 30 seconds just with skating and tenacity.

Kane is a way younger and an equally tenacious player. He hovers around 20 goals every season, and sometimes tops it. He is just entering his prime. A 6 mill hit for 24yo who can still improve.. is a good deal.

But I do stress that there needs to be a pow-wow about his off-ice antics. I typed an article before about how, as a woman, I feel regarding his behavior. If he's found guilty he needs a penalty.

But if it's dismissed again, he needs a new scene and to be in the substance abuse program.

I specifically said that lots of people get drunk, but not many wind up in the news. Even less do so consistently. It's not race, location or age, it's him putting himself in those situations. That needs to change before we even consider getting him. 

But if he makes an effort to change, it would be an easy trade for a big name. Not too long ago there was a bidding war for his services. 

Right now Burrows is only here because we haven't found someone better. Kane could be better not just for this year, but many more after. I think we can safely say that after this season Burr is gone no matter what.

I just can't see banning swapping "characters".

and jeez....it's like the kassian ordeal was a lifetime ago?

and I'm a kass fan ftr 

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I just can't see banning swapping "characters".

and jeez....it's like the kassian ordeal was a lifetime ago?

and I'm a kass fan ftr 

Burrows "character" for Kane's "character" is incomparable. Burr wins. I don't know how you didn't get that from my posts..

I'm just saying Kane is a better player now and in the future, IF he cleans himself up.

I liked Kassian's potential. I didn't like Kassian as a player or man while he was here. Long before he wiped out Gagner's jaw, he was scolded for partying too hard and not being fit. Pretty sure it was around that time he got put into stage 1.

That didn't wake him up. So he went to Montreal. Got hammered, got into a car with someone equally hammered, and broke his shiz. Stage 2. Montreal was done.

Enter Edmonton. If he stays clean I see a LOT of potential there. But it's the same potential that has always been there. He has yet to reach it. Based on his history, you don't want to oversell him. Even if he ends up being who he should have been, we were too early in his career to have that Kassian. No shame in that. I will never hate on the team for giving up a guy who is an addict and/or doesn't appreciate the NHL.

Burrows and a 3rd I think is an adequate price to take on someone with Kane''s potential, but I'd be against adding to that. With Kane it would be a gamble, but with his potential being a 1st line player I think it could be worth the risk. As far as I can tell, he wants to play here so I think there's a chance he could improve his behavior. If not Canucks could always suspend him and the Canucks would have only given up Burrows and a pick.

Archived