The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

On 7/1/2016 at 9:02 AM, Warhippy said:

6 years and $6 million....really?

Ya I wanted him here, but 6 years?

That's like inviting family over for a weekend and them not leaving after the holiday is over but realizing they're totally broke and eating all your food in the process.

For reference.  Page 1 Still standing by it

I'm on record clearly preferring Okposo and that I didn't think he'd fit well with the twins 5v5 but still, this ^^^ is a bit premature @Warhippy

He's a slow starter, and on a new (and struggling) team. I doubt he's going to score at this level for 6 full years...

Right...?:ph34r:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

People need to be humbled

You strike me as a real humble guy yourself (....that's one of the most arrogant statements I've seen on these boards).

Enjoy the smugness at Eriksson's expense while you can - and hope it lasts.

As bad as people like yourself think he is - he's still the best puck possession player on this team through 11 games.

https://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201617&sit=5v5&pos=skaters&minutes=25&teamid=29&type=corsi&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Defense. Yeah.  Scoring will come.

"O hai"

k.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

On 30/06/2016 at 4:42 AM, LarsEller said:

Erricson is soft and old. The last thing we need is Vrbata 2.0 someone who gets hit once and folds like a bag and then takes up a roster spot for 5 years cuz we are paying him to much to send him to Utica. Why do you think Boston isn't retaining him? They also know hes going to be done in the next few seasons and don't wanna be stuck for 5 or 6 years. 

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

@Warhippy

nicely done sir.  More pushback than the roster.

I am just ribbing everyone.  NOTHING we write in the off season can be taken seriously.  But if we cannot look back on our projections and chuckle about how sure we felt about them where is the fun in that?  We become Leafs fans...

We HAVE to be able to chuckle at these things or else we will get angry and cranky all the time and start snapping at everyone who disagrees with us or posts something we don't automatically agree with.

it's all in fun :)

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You strike me as a real humble guy yourself (....that's one of the most arrogant statements I've seen on these boards).

Enjoy the smugness at Eriksson's expense while you can - and hope it lasts.

As bad as people like yourself think he is - he's still the best puck possession player on this team through 11 games.

https://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201617&sit=5v5&pos=skaters&minutes=25&teamid=29&type=corsi&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Defense. Yeah.  Scoring will come.

"O hai"

k.

see, you're getting all angry about me poking fun at people.  You cannot tell me for 1 instant that there are/were people that were WAY out to lunch with how superior they felt about their projections and deserve those bumps.

remember ON.  It's all in fun.

You can get me back too no doubt at some point.  If you don't I will be sorely disappointed

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, LarsEller said:
On 2016-06-30 at 4:42 AM, LarsEller said:

Erricson is soft and old. The last thing we need is Vrbata 2.0 someone who gets hit once and folds like a bag and then takes up a roster spot for 5 years cuz we are paying him to much to send him to Utica. Why do you think Boston isn't retaining him? They also know hes going to be done in the next few seasons and don't wanna be stuck for 5 or 6 years. 

Lol. 12 games. 

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

see, you're getting all angry

try again hippy.

the only 'angry' I get over something like hockey is that the NHL has maintained open season to head-hunt players like the Sedins throughout their careers.

otherwise I don't give much of a crap.

this meaningless sh!t is a nice alternative to the real world.

Btw - quoting yourself above?  Really?  The humility!!!

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

see, you're getting all angry about me poking fun at people.  You cannot tell me for 1 instant that there are/were people that were WAY out to lunch with how superior they felt about their projections and deserve those bumps.

remember ON.  It's all in fun.

You can get me back too no doubt at some point.  If you don't I will be sorely disappointed

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

try again hippy.

the only 'angry' I get over something like hockey is that the NHL has maintained open season to head-hunt players like the Sedins throughout their careers.

This is what CDC should be all about. Everyone thinks they know everything and at times a guy might over invest himself in something just to egg the other guy on. At the end of the day we are all here for the same reason we all want to see these guys hoist a cup. 

55 minutes ago, oldnews said:

try again hippy.

Hold on here champ

This is supposed to be in fun yet debbie downer oldnews comes in and kicks over the birthday cake.

You must be great at parties bud :)

12 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Sample size?

lol yes, 12 games.  It's a sample from a season/6 year contract (get it people calling this a terrible contract right now when there's SOOOO much more room for it to get even worse, or better)

MMmm  samples

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lol yes, 12 games.  It's a sample from a season/6 year contract (get it people calling this a terrible contract right now when there's SOOOO much more room for it to get even worse, or better)

MMmm  samples

I didn't necessarily love the signing but I did prefer it to the lucic deal. Yes, the sample size is small but I think six years from now Loui's contract won't look as bad as Milan's. I think he's too good of a player with too much of a proven track record to continue doing what he's doing.