The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best streaming package?

JM_

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I see hockeystreams is down and out....

Well, we're talking only legal streams on CDC... :ph34r:

But for the Sportsnet Now, I know someone asked about it a little while ago. There's a trial option, and that'd be a good way to see the quality. Does GameCenter have the same? If it does, there's a good way to find out which you like best.

33 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Gamecentre combined with Unblock-Us. 

I'm just fine to live in the grey world of VPN use. I'll probably go with this option if Rogers has a good early deal, but I just couldn't tell if SN Now gave all the games, there's just too many channels. 360, Vancouver, Pacific, CBC, its kind of a pain to figure out if you don't have cable. 

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

I found them to be garbage. Bought a pass an intended to use on iPad. Brutal

went with Center Ice half way through season. 

After they first started they offered a month by month package.  I tried a one month sub with them the last time the Sabres were in the playoffs in 2011.  Hockey Streams was pretty good back then.  They must have gotten worse over the years.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

After they first started they offered a month by month package.  I tried a one month sub with them the last time the Sabres were in the playoffs in 2011.  They were pretty good back then.  They must have gotten worse over the years.

Yes, the Sabres got worse since then. :P 

Just now, Shift-4 said:

Yes, the Sabres got worse since then. :P 

Good one. :lol:  I goofed and made that post a tad confusing.

I doubt that Hockey Streams got anywhere near as bad as the Sabres did though!  The last 5 years has been sad.  Fortunately the team is on the upswing.

Now I'm off to edit that earlier post..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys.  I need this totally dumbed down.  

I cancelled my cable. 

I have a Chromecast but I'm not using it yet.  Just Netflix and shomi on my ps4. 

How do I watch Canucks games?

i downloaded the NHL network thing on the ps4, but I need a cable provider to sign in.  

I'm so far from being a tech guy, and Google gives me too much info to sort through.  

Any help?

19 hours ago, drummerboy said:

o I watch Canucks games?

i downloaded the NHL network thing on the ps4, but I need a cable provider to sign in.  

I'm so far from being a tech guy, and Google gives me too much info to sort through.  

I think to use that app you need to be subscribed to NHL centre ice

Im giving Sportnet Now a try on my Kodi box.  Its 24.99 per month...but Im trying the 7 day free trial to watch some WC Hockey...so far very good quality...HD...cant tell the difference from cable.

Imho 24.99 seems a bit high but I may try it for a month into the NHL season.  I could probably get basic cable for about the same price and get more channels....but I wont watch any of them since online selection is better for tv series.  But the advantage of using Sportsnet Now would be that I can use it on any device. ...any where....hmmm we will see. 

I did notice that students get 40% off as well so might be good for alot of you. Also not sure how many devices you can have but I suppose a few buddies could just share an account as well.

Archived