The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best streaming package?

JM_

On 9/1/2016 at 11:38 AM, S'all Good Man said:

1st post - be gentle

Does anyone know which streaming package is better, the new Sportsnet Now or the NHL gamecentre package? I can't tell if the SN one carries al the games or not.

One of the xmbc media centers from Amazon. The unlocked ones. I have an xmbcmart one, i miss nothing. You need a good wifi connection though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just cancelled my cable and is thinking of signing up for Rogers Gamecentre Live. However, when I checked out the list of viewable games for Canucks (I live in Vancouver), it seems like as many as 46 games are not available to view due to regional blackouts. To me that is a deal breaker! Am I reading the list right? (as I said, I have no cable subscriptions anymore).

Not sure how it works up in Canada, but when I had Gamecenter Live a few years ago, any game with a local team (in my case Kings and Ducks) were blacked out, either home or away, because the local channel would cover the game.  Which sucked for me, as I didn't have access to those channels at that time.  For everything else, I would be able to watch the Canucks, and almost always be able to ensure getting the home feed and not have to listen to the other teams' announcers.

I'm glad I've been able to get something better so i can watch all Canuck games, although now I get less choice on the feed, and if the Canucks play the local teams (and even some not-so-local), I can't get John and John's version of the game.

My buddy at work has basic cable with shaw....he made me a email on his shaw account with password....I gave him access to my netflix account and we both prosper since now I can log into sportsnet now and all I'm paying is 9.99 for netflix....which I never use since Kodi is 1000 times better.

Archived