The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Royal Visit - Why are they royal?

JV77

3 hours ago, gurn said:

The land was occupied by people who came before them, perhaps  people came before those people as well..  then those people were pushed out by the more current people and so on.

I had heard that natives of those times did not believe in possession of land, so was it really theirs?

All this will be ancient ignored history after the Asian take over of this province anyway.- Change is constant.

Less than 20% of BC people are Asian. Boy how did that small group take over the province?

I find it odd that people have such an issue with the Royal family. To me it is just another way for certain people to celebrate their heritage and culture. Every Nationality has some sort of cultural and heritage background. Most people are proudly whatever they happen to be and should be allowed to celebrate and honour their history any way they want as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

13 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I find it odd that people have such an issue with the Royal family. To me it is just another way for certain people to celebrate their heritage and culture. Every Nationality has some sort of cultural and heritage background. Most people are proudly whatever they happen to be and should be allowed to celebrate and honour their history any way they want as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

I agree. To me, this is part of what it means to be Canadian.

When it came time to declare independence, Canada did so, but retained ties to monarchy and things went rather smoothly. Meanwhile, our neighbors to the south, used violence as a means to an end and have glorified it to the point where today they have the mess that is the 2nd amendment.

On 9/27/2016 at 7:57 AM, Hugor Hill said:

Yeah I agree.... if you are talking about full history, not selective history. 

that is what I want as I have many backgrounds in me that make me me,so yes Canada from start to now would be awesome to see and the VIKINGS here before most!

Archived